View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 154 of 162 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1531
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dixieland South
    Last Seen
    10-11-11 @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    364

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    I agree with the normal society....Homosexuality is Wrong and Sinfull.

    And besides, I plan on entering God's Kingdom one day.
    We all sin durring our lifetimes, and the Allmighty may forgive for it. But for those that sin with homosexuality. YEP!!!....
    We all eventually find out. Ther'es no escaping it.
    Last edited by dixiesolutions; 10-09-11 at 05:48 PM.

  2. #1532
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by alexxouellette View Post
    Not that I have anything against Christianity it does a lot of good for a lot of people, and a lot of my local churches do a lot for our community. However your just as guilty of ignoring all of the negative attributes of the New Testament as you claim Critical Thought is for ignoring the positives.
    I think religion is good on ONE thing, it brings the community together. I even go to church because it is a great place to meet nice people. I do this but I am the definition of an Atheist.

  3. #1533
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Is it genocide for people to be judged for their sins?
    ROFL. It is when your silly God is running around the world destroying entire nations of people whose only mistake is not believing he exists.

    How about understanding that slavery in the NT was a contractual agreement?
    How about stop blowing smoke up my ass with your revisionists view of what ancient Middle Eastern slavery was. I own a history book.

    James even opens up his book with the term "bondservant of Christ." A bondservant was a slave, who after fulfilling their contract, chose to remain with their master. "Slaves" were meant to be set free and paid for their work. Chinese factories are far worse off than NT "slavery."
    Bullcrap.

    You don't understand the Bible, you want to read negative things into it in a dishonest manner to try and justify ignoring what it says about homosexuality (and most likely other sins as well).
    You, you, you, you, you.

    ROFL!

    I could say the same thing about yourself and how you interpret the Bible's views on homosexuality. In the end, you prove my point. It's all about the interpretation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #1534
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    It annoys me when people call you a hateful bigot simply because you understand homosexuality is a sin, based on your religion. Such mud-slinging is inexcusable. It's not like a pester people about it. But if you want to have a discussion about it then you will have my opinion and I for one won't tolerate being slurred. A few years ago I actually recieved death threats (on a different forum) for simply stating my opinion.

  5. #1535
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiesolutions View Post
    I agree with the normal society....Homosexuality is Wrong and Sinfull.

    And besides, I plan on entering God's Kingdom one day.
    We all sin durring our lifetimes, and the Allmighty may forgive for it. But for those that sin with homosexuality. YEP!!!....
    We all eventually find out. Ther'es no escaping it.
    Yeah we die. Good thing too. That is the only way to get rid of stupid superstitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  6. #1536
    User alexxouellette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moving back and forth at the speed of light
    Last Seen
    11-01-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    72

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Is it genocide for people to be judged for their sins?

    How about understanding that slavery in the NT was a contractual agreement? James even opens up his book with the term "bondservant of Christ." A bondservant was a slave, who after fulfilling their contract, chose to remain with their master. "Slaves" were meant to be set free and paid for their work. Chinese factories are far worse off than NT "slavery."

    You don't understand the Bible, you want to read negative things into it in a dishonest manner to try and justify ignoring what it says about homosexuality (and most likely other sins as well).
    However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

    If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

    When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

    When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

    There's nothing wrong with this?

  7. #1537
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,952

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    ROFL. It is when your silly God is running around the world destroying entire nations of people whose only mistake is not believing he exists.
    Nah, their mistake is rejecting salvation and choosing hell. God is a judge, we sin and those sins are judged by a just God. Do you get mad when a court sentences a murderer to serve jail time? According to Biblical theology death is something mankind freely chose when the first sin was committed.
    How about stop blowing smoke up my ass with your revisionists view of what ancient Middle Eastern slavery was. I own a history book.
    And I've taken college courses analyzing the history and ancient Greek/Hebrew of Biblical text.
    Bullcrap.



    You, you, you, you, you.

    ROFL!

    I could say the same thing about yourself and how you interpret the Bible's views on homosexuality. In the end, you prove my point. It's all about the interpretation.
    Do you interpret the Bible with an intent to find the truth of the text? Or is it in pursuit of trying to mix words to fit a certain lifestyle or deny that certain things are sins because that's what you want the Bible to say? I don't claim to have infallible knowledge about Biblical text, but it's clearly seen within the Bible that homosexuality is not permitted much like murder and sleeping with your mother isn't.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #1538
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    It annoys me when people call you a hateful bigot simply because you understand homosexuality is a sin, based on your religion. Such mud-slinging is inexcusable. It's not like a pester people about it. But if you want to have a discussion about it then you will have my opinion and I for one won't tolerate being slurred. A few years ago I actually recieved death threats (on a different forum) for simply stating my opinion.
    Who gives a crap what you think? Anyone who wasted time threatening to kill you because of your opinions is a loser. You are a guy who believes an old myth because it gives you comfort and gives you a sense of belonging with other people who buy into the same old myth. That doesn't bother me at all. I think its stupid, but hey, you think where I put my penis is stupid, so I guess we are even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  9. #1539
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Digsbe, I know this is a direct question, but do you actually read books that say Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris writes?

    I'm just interested to know if religious people read books that make them think on what they believe in.

  10. #1540
    User alexxouellette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moving back and forth at the speed of light
    Last Seen
    11-01-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    72

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    It annoys me when people call you a hateful bigot simply because you understand homosexuality is a sin, based on your religion. Such mud-slinging is inexcusable. It's not like a pester people about it. But if you want to have a discussion about it then you will have my opinion and I for one won't tolerate being slurred. A few years ago I actually recieved death threats (on a different forum) for simply stating my opinion.
    I'm not calling you a bigot, however would you please explain how telling the homosexual community that they're evil and will burn in hell isn't bigotry. Once again not calling you a bigot, as you claim not to be, however I am confused as to how you can say that and at the same time not be guilty of bigotry and an explanation would do a lot to clarify things for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •