View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 153 of 162 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1521
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The Bible says a lot of things. Slavery is fine. Women shouldn't teach or hold of position of authority over males. Genocide is awesome. Great stuff.
    Nah, you chose to read into the Bible negative views that aren't really being represented. People don't understand the Old Testament and want to glean negative things from it while completely ignoring the New Testament (and only choosing to highlight things that may enhance their ignorant argument).
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  2. #1522
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Nah, you chose to read into the Bible negative views that aren't really being represented. People don't understand the Old Testament and want to glean negative things from it while completely ignoring the New Testament (and only choosing to highlight things that may enhance their ignorant argument).
    I was talking about the New Testament. I don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #1523
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I was talking about the New Testament. I don't know what you are talking about.
    Eh, I've been round and round in these arguments. You don't have to like the New Testament or believe in it, but the fact is that it doesn't condone genocide and all the other stuff people want to attribute to it in order to justify ignoring Biblical text and writing it off as barbaric.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #1524
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Eh, I've been round and round in these arguments. You don't have to like the New Testament or believe in it, but the fact is that it doesn't condone genocide and all the other stuff people want to attribute to it in order to justify ignoring Biblical text and writing it off as barbaric.
    Really? No Genocide in the New Testament? Have you read Revelations?

    How about in Timothy where is says that women shouldn't teach or hold a position of authority over males?

    How about all the references to slavery in the New Testament? How often did Jesus speak out against the practice of slavery?

    Such bullcrap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #1525
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dixieland South
    Last Seen
    10-11-11 @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    364

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Nah, you chose to read into the Bible negative views that aren't really being represented. People don't understand the Old Testament and want to glean negative things from it while completely ignoring the New Testament (and only choosing to highlight things that may enhance their ignorant argument).
    +1

    Very well said....Very True.

  6. #1526
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiesolutions View Post
    +1

    Very well said....Very True.
    ...as I've noticed for a while, Digsbe's good at that.

  7. #1527
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Did you completely ignore CritcalThought's response?

  8. #1528
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Really? No Genocide in the New Testament? Have you read Revelations?

    How about in Timothy where is says that women shouldn't teach or hold a position of authority over males?

    How about all the references to slavery in the New Testament? How often did Jesus speak out against the practice of slavery?

    Such bullcrap.
    Is it genocide for people to be judged for their sins?

    How about understanding that slavery in the NT was a contractual agreement? James even opens up his book with the term "bondservant of Christ." A bondservant was a slave, who after fulfilling their contract, chose to remain with their master. "Slaves" were meant to be set free and paid for their work. Chinese factories are far worse off than NT "slavery."

    You don't understand the Bible, you want to read negative things into it in a dishonest manner to try and justify ignoring what it says about homosexuality (and most likely other sins as well).
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #1529
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Did you completely ignore CritcalThought's response?
    That is what fundamentalist Christians do. I became invisible to them the moment I challenged their world view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #1530
    User alexxouellette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moving back and forth at the speed of light
    Last Seen
    11-01-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    72

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Eh, I've been round and round in these arguments. You don't have to like the New Testament or believe in it, but the fact is that it doesn't condone genocide and all the other stuff people want to attribute to it in order to justify ignoring Biblical text and writing it off as barbaric.
    Not that I have anything against Christianity it does a lot of good for a lot of people, and a lot of my local churches do a lot for our community. However your just as guilty of ignoring all of the negative attributes of the New Testament as you claim Critical Thought is for ignoring the positives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •