View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 152 of 162 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1511
    200M yrs of experience
    Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Last Seen
    05-07-12 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Everyone needs to make up their own mind what is and is not sin for their own life. What I think has no bearing on what my neighbor should be doing in his or her bedroom with other consenting adults. The government certainly has no reason to get involved in bedroom activities between consenting adult.

  2. #1512
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I know that I intimidate a lot of guys with my abnormally good looks, but I am not gay.
    Well, that's because you are uglier than I am
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #1513
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    *Sigh* ...it's also a sin according to the New Testament. That's not up for debate. What is, though, is whether we should adhere to the Bible's scripture or change the Bible according to modern society.
    Really? Jesus calls it a sin?

    Or does PAUL call it a sin, along with women speaking in church, teaching men, and having any authority over men.

    The NT tells Christians to do and not do many things that are completely ignored today. If Christians can ignore the rule against ingesting blood, worshiping idols, and giving women any authority over men, then they can ignore the rule making homosexuality sinful.

  4. #1514
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Really? Jesus calls it a sin?Or does PAUL call it a sin, along with women speaking in church, teaching men, and having any authority over men.The NT tells Christians to do and not do many things that are completely ignored today. If Christians can ignore the rule against ingesting blood, worshiping idols, and giving women any authority over men, then they can ignore the rule making homosexuality sinful.
    Because Jesus/Paul didn't say it doesn't mean it doesn't matter. Google a better argument. Perhaps everyone who's been ignoring the NT are in for a rude awakening after death. Furthermore, why not alter the scriptures about fornication, adultery, etc? Let's take out God's precepts and the standards for entering Heaven and instead make it nothing but a book of good intentions. Why? We know where we'll get with good intentions alone.

  5. #1515
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,947

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    The Bible calls it a sin, that is what matters. It's an extremely weak argument to say it isn't a sin simply because Jesus did not mention it in specific detail.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #1516
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,877

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Alright I'll just have to disagree with one point here. This one. I don't plan, nor do I want to have kids, when I get older. If I do, I will plan on adopting. Am I dysfunctional?

    I believe both "defect" "dysfuntion," and "wrong" to all be subjective terms.
    -_- you are wrong. You are thinking on a completely personal level and choice.

    Your body wants to reproduce and have children whether you like it or not. Unless you are dysfunctional and have a lack of sex drive and attraction?

  7. #1517
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,063

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    homosexuality can be observed in most mammals. it's certainly natural, and eventually the mechanism of it will be understood more thoroughly.

  8. #1518
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    This thread is proof that religion interferes in politics.

  9. #1519
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,116

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The Bible calls it a sin, that is what matters. It's an extremely weak argument to say it isn't a sin simply because Jesus did not mention it in specific detail.
    The Bible says a lot of things. Slavery is fine. Women shouldn't teach or hold of position of authority over males. Genocide is awesome. Great stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #1520
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,116

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    -_- you are wrong. You are thinking on a completely personal level and choice.

    Your body wants to reproduce and have children whether you like it or not. Unless you are dysfunctional and have a lack of sex drive and attraction?
    So...you are arguing that homosexuality is a dysfunction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •