View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 148 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1471
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    It is confusing because you voted homosexuality is wrong and unnatural. Yet you say there are homosexual Christians.
    Because some are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Do you mean just homosexual acts and thoughts are sinful? The same-sex attraction is a temptation from Satan; or do you not believe Satan tempts people?
    Sorry the Devil made me do it does not fly with me. We have plenty of sin right from the beginning, you know the whole original sin thing. Now don't get me wrong, I believe that the devil is out there roaring like a lion and tempting. Being tempted is not nor ever has been a sin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Would you please explicitly and clearly state your position on this?
    The problem is not me or my statements, it's you.

    You think temptation is sin and that is the problem. Please point out anyplace in the Bible where temptation is a sin? It's not as if we aren't all tempted allot, it's part of the human condition no matter who you are.

    Now like I said, I guess you have no sin? You are the one righteous person on the planet? The one person who has a right to throw that stone and sit in judgment!

    I freely admit I may be a stickler about the laws of the Bible, but damn, to convict someone purely because they were tempted. I suggest you take the mote out of your eye brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #1472
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,526

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I told you take it for what you will. Has nothing to do with my arguments or the points I have made.

    Trying to get back on topic, but people keep coming up with already refuted stuff we have gone over many times already. Have nothing to do with Gay's and natural or unnatural, just attacks on Christians or the core principles of said religion.
    IMO... The word "SIN" in the thread title totally took the premise out of the " natural" realm into the "supernatural". There is absolutely no way to offer an empirical interpretation of homosexual behaviors as somehow conveyed by an alleged supernatural being.

    The heart of the religious arguments are drawn from the bible. The disagreement lies with the bible's authority to be an instrument used by humans for the purpose ridicule, persecution, judgment or to imply that there will be an eternal punishment for being homosexual by the inspirer of the bible.

    BTW... You can't use the premise of an argument to prove itself to be valid.

  3. #1473
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    IMO... The word "SIN" in the thread title totally took the premise out of the " natural" realm into the "supernatural". There is absolutely no way to offer an empirical interpretation of homosexual behaviors as somehow conveyed by an alleged supernatural being.
    Just going by the Bible.

    Yes it has little to do with it. The problem is as soon as you say you disagree because you are Christian, well you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    The heart of the religious arguments are drawn from the bible. The disagreement lies with the bible's authority to be an instrument used by humans for the purpose ridicule, persecution, judgment or to imply that there will be an eternal punishment for being homosexual by the inspirer of the bible.
    Please point out where I or anyone else in this thread used the Bible for "ridicule, persecution, judgment or to imply that there will be an eternal punishment for being homosexual by the inspirer of the bible."

    None of us have done this or would justify that kind of attitude on these forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    BTW... You can't use the premise of an argument to prove itself to be valid.
    Says you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #1474
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because some are.



    Sorry the Devil made me do it does not fly with me. We have plenty of sin right from the beginning, you know the whole original sin thing. Now don't get me wrong, I believe that the devil is out there roaring like a lion and tempting. Being tempted is not nor ever has been a sin.



    The problem is not me or my statements, it's you.

    You think temptation is sin and that is the problem. Please point out anyplace in the Bible where temptation is a sin? It's not as if we aren't all tempted allot, it's part of the human condition no matter who you are.

    Now like I said, I guess you have no sin? You are the one righteous person on the planet? The one person who has a right to throw that stone and sit in judgment!

    I freely admit I may be a stickler about the laws of the Bible, but damn, to convict someone purely because they were tempted. I suggest you take the mote out of your eye brother.
    There are none. To be homosexual is to accept such homosexual thoughts and actions. A straight man can have homosexual temptations and fight them off.

    You seem to think Satan does not tempt people to be homosexual. Temptation isn't wrong, but giving into the temptation and claiming oneself homosexual is. Why vote it's wrong if you think there are homosexual Christians?

    I have no problem. If you want to save your integrity, don't say that again.

    I did not say temptation is sin. Giving into it is. Furthermore, temptation comes from Satan, does it not? If it does come from Satan, is it good? Indeed we are all tempted. We know the hooks come from Satan. Saying you're homosexual by giving into such temptation is sin; thus another hook that has snagged you. I think man is born in sin and that Satan sends many temptations.

    You implying that I think I have no sin only harms your credibility. I made no such claim.

    Even Jesus was tempted; but he didn't give into it. Same with homosexuality. It's a sin. You can be tempted. Giving into the temptation by saying/"accepting yourself" as homosexual is sin. You err because you think one can be homosexual yet not give into the temptation of the lifestyle of homosexuality. The claim of "being a homosexual Christian" is a sinful thought that is post-temptation.

  5. #1475
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    There are none. To be homosexual is to accept such homosexual thoughts and actions. A straight man can have homosexual temptations and fight them off.
    So why can't a homosexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You seem to think Satan does not tempt people to be homosexual. Temptation isn't wrong, but giving into the temptation and claiming oneself homosexual is.
    Claiming and acting on are 2 very different things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Why vote it's wrong if you think there are homosexual Christians?
    Read answer above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I have no problem. If you want to save your integrity, don't say that again.
    You do, and it is you. Has nothing to do with my integrity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I did not say temptation is sin. Giving into it is. Furthermore, temptation comes from Satan, does it not? If it does come from Satan, is it good? Indeed we are all tempted. We know the hooks come from Satan. Saying you're homosexual by giving into such temptation is sin; thus another hook that has snagged you. I think man is born in sin and that Satan sends many temptations.
    Being tempted again is not a sin, period.

    Next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You implying that I think I have no sin only harms your credibility. I made no such claim.
    You don't have to. You seem to think someone being gay without anything else but an attraction makes them sinners. It does not according to the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Even Jesus was tempted; but he didn't give into it. Same with homosexuality. It's a sin. You can be tempted. Giving into the temptation by saying/"accepting yourself" as homosexual is sin.
    Admitting who and what you are is no sin, the accepting the action or thought is a sin. Would you feel more comfortable if they were liars about who and what they are? Would that some how make it all better?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You err because you think one can be homosexual yet not give into the temptation of the lifestyle of homosexuality. The claim of "being a homosexual Christian" is a sinful thought that is post-temptation.
    And you err because I know people who are, and really good Christians to boot, and that makes you wrong.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-11-11 at 07:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #1476
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It has everything to do with the point I made and you tried to derail.
    No. We already know that Christians have to accept Christ, I don't think anyone has debated this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog
    I did not "pick" anything. If they are "Christians" they are submitting or supposed to God's will, not their own.

    Matthew 11:28-29 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest," he added, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me."
    I worded that poorly. I wasn't saying that you were "picking" things. I was saying that you were reducing other peoples' beliefs to them "picking things in order to fit a lifestyle".


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog
    Lets see...

    It doesn't matter how good a person is. That is a control thing. One of the things that has led some people, such as myself, away from Christianity, because I choose to believe that a good God would look into a person's heart and not be so petty as to expect people to believe in a book, such as the Bible, just because people thousands of years ago believed that they were telling others what God wanted and how to get to Heaven. I believe that God does not care what religion people follow or what small petty rules a person obeys, as long as they essentially live by the golden rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and try to love each other. All the rest of the rules, including those about homosexuality and others, seem to me to be something that men would care about, not God. That is why I don't trust the Bible, because it does not fit with what my view of a good God is and it could have easily been manipulated by any of the many people who were responsible for it, from the writers of the text to the compilers and the translators and the changers.

    Please read next time. I am certain you can now figure out the rest.
    Like I said, nothing suggests picking and choosing to justify. What you highlighted suggests having a belief about God in your heart and mind and not seeing it in certain Christian teachings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog
    Absolutely and unlike you or Nuke, I have posted historical evidence saying you are both wrong. So where is your proof as lip service means little in the realm of debate.
    I'm sorry. We must be having a different conversation. My arguments have always been that Christianity preaches (in addition to love) "obey me or you're going to hell" and that the history of Christianity shows how MEN have used this as means of holding power over nations and populations. These are just facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Word of God
    The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather from his kingdom everything that causes sin as well as all lawbreakers. 50 and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:50

    For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 36 The one who believes in the Son has eternal life. The one who rejects the Son will not see life, but God’s wrath remains on him. John 3:16, 36
    That's pretty fear invoking and a fantastic way to control people as the Catholic Church did for centuries until the printing press and that many churches still work from today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog
    Best excuse I have heard all day. You know what they say about excuses?
    Yeah, that it's a word people use to discredit explanations they don't want to hear. It's too bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog
    You do realize I am talking specifically about those who say they are Christian, right? I mean that has only been my argument for the whole thread.
    Then why would you even respond to Nuke's posts the way you did about her own beliefs when she isn't even a Christian.

    This is what you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So in other words you like so many want to make up your own God based on Christian teachings but ignore most of it because it does not fit in with your lifestyle or whatever.
    In response to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    One of the things that has led some people, such as myself, away from Christianity, because I choose to believe that a good God ...
    That line of yours is what I've been criticizing this entire time and since Nuke moved "away from Christianity", I assumed we were both talking about non-Christians (although most of my arguments work for Christians as well).


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog
    Not if they call themselves Christian. What part of this did you miss? Or is it because you have absolutely no evidence to back up the rest of your argument?
    What do you think my argument is if you don't think there's proof? Moreover, when did you limit this to Christians since the post you originally criticized was filled with personal arguments made by a non-Christian. Hahaha.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 06-11-11 at 07:47 PM.

  7. #1477
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    No. We already know that Christians have to accept Christ, I don't think anyone has debated this.
    So if they do this, wouldn’t the book assembled about him be part of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I worded that poorly. I wasn't saying that you were "picking" things. I was saying that you were reducing other peoples' beliefs to them "picking things in order to fit a lifestyle".
    It’s true in the case of more than a few posters here. You were not involved in those conversations.
    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Like I said, nothing suggests picking and choosing to justify. What you highlighted suggests having a belief about God in your heart and mind and not seeing it in certain Christian teachings.
    Only because you have not been in the many debates I have had with people here.
    So I guess you don’t know who I was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I'm sorry. We must be having a different conversation. My arguments have always been that Christianity preaches (in addition to love) "obey me or you're going to hell" and that the history of Christianity shows how MEN have used this as means of holding power over nations and populations. These are just facts.
    Got you and Kal mixed up, happens when responding to 3 or 4 people at one time.
    Men have used this as power, but this is no reflection on the Bible or its teachings which say the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That's pretty fear invoking and a fantastic way to control people as the Catholic Church did for centuries until the printing press and that many churches still work from today.
    Already covered this above.
    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Yeah, that it's a word people use to discredit explanations they don't want to hear. It's too bad.
    Or it’s a response to people with no argument to begin with. Since I thought you were talking about the conspiracy theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Then why would you even respond to Nuke's posts the way you did about her own beliefs when she isn't even a Christian.
    Because she was and did not like what the Bible had to say about the nature of God, so she made her own God. Goes exactly to what I was saying even if not a Christian.
    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That line of yours is what I've been criticizing this entire time and since Nuke moved "away from Christianity", I assumed we were both talking about non-Christians (although most of my arguments work for Christians as well).
    No it just helped reinforce my point. Again part of the problem is I got you and Kal rolled into one person.
    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    What do you think my argument is if you don't think there's proof? Moreover, when did you limit this to Christians since the post you originally criticized was filled with personal arguments made by a non-Christian. Hahaha.
    Again thought I was responding to Kal. His argument about the nonexistent church cover up etc. is what I was talking about.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-11-11 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #1478
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So even though no evidence at all exist to say otherwise, this must be the case? Well I guess we can't trust any history then because conspiracy theory's are so much more credible.
    There is no evidence that God exists...yet both you and I believe that He does. Besides that though it is human nature, particularly of those in power, to hide things from other people. Particularly those that they think are "lower" (IE peasents) than them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I have a tin foil hate for sale? I mean really man, no proof, just conjecture on your part. I mean what the hell do thousands of years worth of biblical scholars and historians know anyway, charlatans!
    If you truely think that you know everything or that the government tells you everything then I'd suggest taking a look at wikileaks. Remember the coverup of that helicopter killing those civilians? If it hadn't been for wikileaks we never would have known about it.

    As for your "biblical scholars"...for at least a couple thousand years the only actual scholars were of the church. And when an outside scholar came along that wasn't apart of the church do you think that they just let him/her know all of thier secrets? Hell, you can't even get into the archives of the Vatican unless specially invited.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #1479
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I told you take it for what you will. Has nothing to do with my arguments or the points I have made.

    Trying to get back on topic, but people keep coming up with already refuted stuff we have gone over many times already. Have nothing to do with Gay's and natural or unnatural, just attacks on Christians or the core principles of said religion.
    The title of the thread is also about sin...not just it being "unnatural". As such discussion about the Bible, Koran, or any other religion is quite valid. Being as a Mod hasn't spoken up about getting back on track then I can only assume that they agree...at least I can until a mod speaks up.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #1480
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    There is no evidence that God exists...yet both you and I believe that He does. Besides that though it is human nature, particularly of those in power, to hide things from other people. Particularly those that they think are "lower" (IE peasents) than them.
    No evidence, no reasonable reason other than somehow it could have happened?

    Like I said tinfoil hat stuff. I have shown documented proof and you have shown, nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    If you truely think that you know everything or that the government tells you everything then I'd suggest taking a look at wikileaks. Remember the coverup of that helicopter killing those civilians? If it hadn't been for wikileaks we never would have known about it.
    What does Wikileaks and the US government have to do with the "well known" Christian books being assembled into one volume? They were not the government. In fact putting them all together in one place was the worst thing they could do for control.

    Answer my other posts you ignored or at least read them. I know you will not or can't because you have no argument, none.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    As for your "biblical scholars"...for at least a couple thousand years the only actual scholars were of the church.
    Yes it was. At the time many of the books circulated and were well known. From the Torah to the Gospels etc. None were hidden and 99.9% still exist today. You can read them online as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    And when an outside scholar came along that wasn't apart of the church do you think that they just let him/her know all of thier secrets? Hell, you can't even get into the archives of the Vatican unless specially invited.
    What outside scholar did they hide anything from? Oh the one you just made up?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-11-11 at 11:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •