View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 162 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #131
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-22-17 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,154

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    given that it is not their actions that are limited, but rather those of the county clerks, i would have to disagree. certainly i think you would heartily oppose any claims of the same "nose-bopping" with regards to other relationships that you do not wish to recognize as "marriage".
    This is not true. They are being denied access to the legal right to enter into a marriage contract with each other. A contract that includes rights, privileges, and benefits, some of which are only available through that legal contract and many others that they have to pay an unequal amount of money to set up without this contract.

    And that denial is based on sex, not relationship of the people involved (incest) or number of people or number of contracts (polygamy). Sex/gender is at a middle-tier scrutiny level for equal protection, while both relationship of the people and number would be at the rational basis scrutiny level. Plus, there are reasonable defenses for the states to base not allowing both incest and polygamy based on either possible harm to at least one of the two involved or limitations in the contract itself or reasonable need to limit how many can be involved in the personal contract due to benefits offered.

    If someone wishes to fight for either incest marriages or polygamy, they would need to do so on their own standing. I haven't seen a single person say that SSM should be legal just because interracial marriage was legalized. There are always other arguments with these and not a single shread of evidence that same sex marriages or relationships are harmful to either person involved or even society.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    if you wish.



    given that it is not their actions that are limited, but rather those of the county clerks, i would have to disagree. certainly i think you would heartily oppose any claims of the same "nose-bopping" with regards to other relationships that you do not wish to recognize as "marriage".



    this is absolutely incorrect due to the subjective nature of "just cause". for example, I say you have no just cause to vote against me having the ability to stock my house with rockets, launchers, and heavy-machines guns. you are limiting what I can do without just cause, only your interpretation of what is acceptable, and it doesn't hit your nose or anyone else's what I do in my own house.



    no one is arguing we should criminalize homosexuality.
    No CP, if you don't allow them to marry it is them you are denying. If I don't allow stores to sell guns or guns to be made, or people to buy guns, I am denying them the right to bear arms. You play too many games. And as to the subjective nature of just cause, you act as if there can be no standard. These things can be held before court and ruled upon. There are reasonable standards, such as showing harm, that can be adhered to.

    Oh, and your last sentences is a complete strawman. Perhaps when you break things down sentence by sentence you lose meaning. I've seen other do a better job of keeping the meaning before them. I've often blamed your divestions on the fact that you lose the intend in your breaking down. I still think this may be true, but this strawman seems more likely a deliberate devision.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #133
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,626

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Is it wrong? Yes by my view it is. I also see it as natural but it does go against the norm of society and to a degree nature. In nature animals procreate to continue the species, homosexuality makes this impossible and two males or females cannot breed. So it is as natural as any mutation that serves no real purpose, because it is still found in nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Is it wrong? Yes by my view it is. I also see it as natural but it does go against the norm of society and to a degree nature. In nature animals procreate to continue the species, homosexuality makes this impossible and two males or females cannot breed. So it is as natural as any mutation that serves no real purpose, because it is still found in nature.
    It would only be impossibleif everythig was homosexual, though I suspect we'd still find a way. 10% of the population is hardly ever going to lead to us unable to procreate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #135
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    I read an article the other day about a lizard species in which every member is female and reproduce without sexual intercourse. These lady lizards often performed simulated sex as on one another. So...yeah...not every species uses sex as a means of reproduction.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I read an article the other day about a lizard species in which every member is female and reproduce without sexual intercourse. These lady lizards often performed simulated sex as on one another. So...yeah...not every species uses sex as a means of reproduction.
    We're neither lizards, nor seahorses, nor mandrakes, Tessaesque.

  7. #137
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Is homosexuality sinful?

    Yes. The Bible is very clear regarding this matter.

    Is this a value-judgment of homosexual persons?

    No. The Bible is very clear regarding this matter.
    All people--including gay-folks--are made in the image of God and are precious to Him.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  8. #138
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    12-22-17 @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,154

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    We're neither lizards, nor seahorses, nor mandrakes, Tessaesque.
    No we are humans. The vast majority of humans have sex for pleasure. In fact, most have sex for pleasure far more often than they do to try to procreate.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #139
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,591
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No we are humans. The vast majority of humans have sex for pleasure. In fact, most have sex for pleasure far more often than they do to try to procreate.
    That's unnatural!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  10. #140
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No we are humans. The vast majority of humans have sex for pleasure. In fact, most have sex for pleasure far more often than they do to try to procreate.
    I know I do.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •