View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 139 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You can use your translations and still interpret it differently.
    How do you figure?

  2. #1382
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You can use your translations and still interpret it differently.
    Different and accurate are not the same.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #1383
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Different and accurate are not the same.
    Nor are they always different. Personally, I think you're splitting hairs when you say that Leviticus only condemns homosexual sex with prostitutes and not others simply becuase you feel it only "directly" addresses prostitutes. This is where, regardless of how you interpret the translations, the context is still up to interpretation.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #1384
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Nor are they always different. Personally, I think you're splitting hairs when you say that Leviticus only condemns homosexual sex with prostitutes and not others simply becuase you feel it only "directly" addresses prostitutes. This is where, regardless of how you interpret the translations, the context is still up to interpretation.
    This thread has been running so long that everybody whose participating will probably become gay. Well, except for those who are gay...and they'll probably want to turn asexual after reading all of the wild stuff posted...over and over.

    This doesn't apply to you Mac. You're special.

  5. #1385
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    This thread has been running so long that everybody whose participating will probably become gay. Well, except for those who are gay...and they'll probably want to turn asexual after reading all of the wild stuff posted...over and over.

    This doesn't apply to you Mac. You're special.
    I'm impervious to your gay vibes....
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #1386
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I'm impervious to your gay vibes....
    Come here and give me a hug, Mac...

  7. #1387
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Blackdog. I have a question.

    If I recall correctly, on this thread you stated homosexuality was wrong.

    Yet in the Loft, you say there are absolutely no verses in the Bible that state it is wrong. I cannot respond in the loft, so I wonder what you mean. Are you playing devil's advocate there? Here?

    I'm merely curious. That and the incorrect statement that no verses in the Bible speak against it.

  8. #1388
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    There is no conclusive proof that homosexuality is natural but there sure is a hell of a lot of evidence saying that it is. Compare that with the amount of evidence against homosexuality being natural.

  9. #1389
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    There is no conclusive proof that homosexuality is natural but there sure is a hell of a lot of evidence saying that it is. Compare that with the amount of evidence against homosexuality being natural.
    There is no evidence saying that it is, there is evidence saying that it may be.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #1390
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    There is no evidence saying that it is, there is evidence saying that it may be.
    I would say there is evidence saying that homosexuality is natural.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •