View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 133 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1321
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Like I've said elsewhere, it's tricky comparing homosexuality in animals to that in humans.

    There are multiple hypotheses as to why homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom and in humans, but I disagree with the logic that if it somehow doesn't explain the behavior in all species, that it's somehow invalid.
    I think it's much more logical to think it's a malfunction in the part of our brain that almost all animals have in common. The sex drive is in every mammal, and i see the same thing occur over many species. In humans, it is a lot more complicated, but not the basic drive/desire. The desire/drive part is still a very basic mammal attribute we have. And i think whether we are born male or female that drive is what determines what we desire, in males it normally functions in desiring for a female and female for a male, but there is a common birth defect that happens across many species where the drive gets messed up or confused.

    I think there is some proof that it is a birth defect in which it occurs more often that when a pregnancy is more stressful... it heightens the chance of a homosexual child to be born.

  2. #1322
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Care to share "evidence" for pleasure and evolution roles for human sexual behaviors?
    Have't figured out how to link with the iPad...try googling psychotherapy and pleasure response....and maybe Robert depaolo.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #1323
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I think it's much more logical to think it's a malfunction in the part of our brain that almost all animals have in common. The sex drive is in every mammal, and i see the same thing occur over many species. In humans, it is a lot more complicated, but not the basic drive/desire. The desire/drive part is still a very basic mammal attribute we have. And i think whether we are born male or female that drive is what determines what we desire, in males it normally functions in desiring for a female and female for a male, but there is a common birth defect that happens across many species where the drive gets messed up or confused.

    I think there is some proof that it is a birth defect in which it occurs more often that when a pregnancy is more stressful... it heightens the chance of a homosexual child to be born.
    I don't believe that homosexuality is a birth defect (in addition I believe the definition of defect to be subjective), but that's for another thread.

    Let's say that, for the sake of argument, homosexuality is a birth defect. The incidence of defects among any population is, in my opinion, still a NATURAL occurrence.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #1324
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    There's plenty of evidence about pleasure responses and why they exist, and there is plenty of evidence for evolutionarily valid "purpose".
    Pleasure responses yes. I was referring to your assertion about "us creating homosexuality". Nonetheless, there isn't any evidence for "purpose", purpose requires a designer and there isn't any evidence of a designer other than personal experience and religious texts, neither of which can be verified by said designer.

  5. #1325
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    If you subscribe to this view, apart from the religious argument, what precisely is wrong or unnatural about this same lack of impulse in humans?
    Right/wrong is irrelevant when speaking of other animals, but, the human brain has evolved to allow us control over these impulses, which has allowed other adaptations such as hidden estrous. Also, at risk of crossing streams, I dare you to google Margaret Sanger, aborigine, and sexual impulse control.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #1326
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    I say maintain the Judeo-Christian vision of marriage as the legal standard, as much as possible, but continue permitting gay unions. Also, the revelation of one's sexual orientation should be recognized under the law as a strictly private matter, period.
    NOTICE: I am not a troll, because what I write I believe, and I have no intention of derailing threads or manipulating human nature. I am not a terrorist, because I do not endorse the killing of innocent people, and I am not here to promote violence. I AM HERE ONLY TO EXPRESS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ENJOY LIVELY DISCUSSION.

  7. #1327
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    I say maintain the Judeo-Christian vision of marriage as the legal standard, as much as possible, but continue permitting gay unions. Also, the revelation of one's sexual orientation should be recognized under the law as a strictly private matter, period.
    A reasonable point of view.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  8. #1328
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Pleasure responses yes. I was referring to your assertion about "us creating homosexuality". Nonetheless, there isn't any evidence for "purpose", purpose requires a designer and there isn't any evidence of a designer other than personal experience and religious texts, neither of which can be verified by said designer.
    Hmm, really. What does your heart do? Is it there for a reason? What do bees do?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #1329
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    I say maintain the Judeo-Christian vision of marriage as the legal standard, as much as possible, but continue permitting gay unions. Also, the revelation of one's sexual orientation should be recognized under the law as a strictly private matter, period.
    How can you maintain judeo-Christian marriage and "homosexual unions", concurrently?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #1330
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,528

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Have't figured out how to link with the iPad...try googling psychotherapy and pleasure response....and maybe Robert depaolo.
    I get totally worn out using my iPad in DP... Ipads don't have a "tab" button...and the scroll part is difficult...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •