View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 129 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1281
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Tell you what I'll do. I'll answer your question. In return, you answer my question, no matter how much you disagree with it.

    Have we got a deal?
    I answered your question already.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  2. #1282
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,097
    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I answered your question already.
    So did I.

    Let's do it again.

    Have we got a deal. Yes or no.

    Unless you're scared.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. – Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  3. #1283
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    So did I.

    Let's do it again.

    Have we got a deal. Yes or no.

    Unless you're scared.
    Sure, we have a deal.

    Just so you know, repeating your point is not answering the question.

    My question is, how does the fact that something doesn't involve procreation make it unnatural? Simple as that.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 06-05-11 at 04:55 PM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #1284
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,097
    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Sure, we have a deal.

    Just so you know, repeating your point is not answering the question.

    My question is, how does the fact that something doesn't involve procreation make it unnatural? Simple as that.
    OK. Remember your promise.

    You have to admit that of all the purposes for sex (besides intimacy, closeness, love, and the fact that it’s a lot of fun), that the primary reason…the most important reason…of all the other reasons…is to make babies. Is that not true?

    And since gay sex can never procreate, and thus can never fulfill sex’s primary purpose (and thus, nature’s), it is therefore unnatural.

    Now, how is it that a sex act that cannot result in birth, not unnatural?
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. – Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  5. #1285
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    OK. Remember your promise.
    Okay, you finally gave a straight answer.

    You have to admit that of all the purposes for sex (besides intimacy, closeness, love, and the fact that it’s a lot of fun), that the primary reason…the most important reason…of all the other reasons…is to make babies. Is that not true?
    The natural purpose of HETEROSEXUAL sexual intercourse is for procreation. That much we can agree upon.

    And since gay sex can never procreate, and thus can never fulfill sex’s primary purpose (and thus, nature’s), it is therefore unnatural.
    Flawed logic. A behavior doesn't need to fulfill any "purpose" in order for it to be natural. But even if I were to concede your point, homosexual behavior could very well fulfill other purposes.

    A quick google search reveals a few examples, and I'm sure there are other theories as well.

    The Purpose of Homosexuality

    Same-sex relationships may play important role in evolution | Science | guardian.co.uk

    Evolution myths: Natural selection cannot explain homosexuality - life - 16 April 2008 - New Scientist

    Now, how is it that a sex act that cannot result in birth, not unnatural?
    As answered above.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 06-05-11 at 05:19 PM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  6. #1286
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,527

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    OK. Remember your promise.

    You have to admit that of all the purposes for sex (besides intimacy, closeness, love, and the fact that it’s a lot of fun), that the primary reason…the most important reason…of all the other reasons…is to make babies. Is that not true?

    And since gay sex can never procreate, and thus can never fulfill sex’s primary purpose (and thus, nature’s), it is therefore unnatural.

    Now, how is it that a sex act that cannot result in birth, not unnatural?
    RAMFEL... Heterosexuals frequently engage in oral sex to completion. They engage in anal sex to completion. Neither of those will produce a baby.

    What hermaphrodites and pseudohermaphrodites in humans? The estimated population runs about 1% of the population? These folks are often referred to as "Intersex(ed)" Intersex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Preservation of the species is instinctual, but humans have sex exponentially more for bonding and pleasure than for reproduction. YOU KNOW THAT as well as any human on the planet.

    Gays also have the ability to engage in sex for bonding, love, closeness...just as heterosexuals. Its not all about sport f******.

    Gays are too frequently the victims of character assassination solely over the word "homosexual". The better description would be described as "homo-relational", meaning that the attraction to another person extends way beyond that of engaging in sex.

    The lack of gays NOT producing is "statistically insignificant". They don't impact the course of human existence. They would NEVER pose a threat to the degree that human extinction would occur.

    You're playing a mind game that is a dead-end.

    Do you have any corroborating information or evidence to back up your concerns?

  7. #1287
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    So did I.

    Let's do it again.

    Have we got a deal. Yes or no.

    Unless you're scared.
    Is that a haiku?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #1288
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Okay, Mac... To me...the word sin is interchangeable with the word "shortcoming" all the way up to "crime." It's a very abstract word. It is because the word SIN, like MORALS, have different meanings to different people.

    Even the mega-millions of Christians can't mutually agree on the meanings of many of the most provocative scriptures.

    We are doomed to dark age thinking and social consequences if we can't deal with empirical issues and explanations. We aren't supernatural beings. We can't interpret supernatural parables, metaphors, or allegories.

    I don't know where else to go with this argument.
    Welp....you are the first person I have ever spoken to that uses the word sin in a non-religious manner or context.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #1289
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,527

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Welp....you are the first person I have ever spoken to that uses the word sin in a non-religious manner or context.
    I'm special, Mac...

  10. #1290
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I'm special, Mac...
    That, you are, brother.....that, you are.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •