View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 128 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1271
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I did not say there couldn't be any credible scientific arguments against it.

    There are plausible evolutional arguments against homosexuality.
    I don't understand what you're trying to say. What precisely are "scientific arguments" and "evolutionary arguments" against homosexuality? Homosexuality denotes behavior that exists in real life. You can't have scientific arguments for or against it. That's about as silly as saying there are evolutionary and scientific arguments against taking cash out of the ATM. Scientific arguments aren't normative in nature.

    And even if I do concede your point, none of them would explain why it's "wrong" or why gay marriage shouldn't be legal.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 06-05-11 at 12:05 PM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  2. #1272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    still seeking acceptance.
    Need more words.

  3. #1273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    What is hilarious about the insanity flowing through this thread. Everybody is stuck on "WHY" and totally disregard "WHAT ARE THE SOCIAL CONSQENCES" of homosexuality.

    The questions related to fundamental causes of homosexuality has been whittled down to: WE DON'T KNOW!

    Is it impossible to move on to EFFECT?
    Your turn. Please start a thread "What Are the Social Consequences of - " You want "Homosexuality" or "SSM"?

  4. #1274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    You don't understand God, Satan, etc. Because you do not understand Christianity, you will not understand discoursement stemming from religion.
    Exactly. And since we're talking about law and not religion, your points have no business here.

  5. #1275
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,528

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Lol, I'm not diverting anything.
    Deny, deny, deny...blame, blame, blame those, them, they, that. You can't even show any reasonable sources to back up your opinions...and that includes basic definitions.

    By the way...LUST is indeed a behavior not a cause.

    1. Intense or unrestrained sexual craving.

    2.
    a. An overwhelming desire or craving: a lust for power.
    b. Intense eagerness or enthusiasm: a lust for life.

    Why don't you start making some of your arguments credible by posting some sources that you derive your opinions from?

    You might as well be throwing scripture at us. You kill any prospect of engaging in sensible debate by constantly shifting the argument by using a self-concocted rebuttal.

    We all see your arguments but we don't have a clue as to where you get the information to make them...or to dispute others.

    Every argument turns into another Mac Show. You bombard every topic with nothing by your personal beliefs...without injecting any viable information that might corroborate your views or position.

    lust - definition of lust by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

  6. #1276
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Deny, deny, deny...blame, blame, blame those, them, they, that. You can't even show any reasonable sources to back up your opinions...and that includes basic definitions.

    By the way...LUST is indeed a behavior not a cause.

    1. Intense or unrestrained sexual craving.

    2.
    a. An overwhelming desire or craving: a lust for power.
    b. Intense eagerness or enthusiasm: a lust for life.

    Why don't you start making some of your arguments credible by posting some sources that you derive your opinions from?

    You might as well be throwing scripture at us. You kill any prospect of engaging in sensible debate by constantly shifting the argument by using a self-concocted rebuttal.

    We all see your arguments but we don't have a clue as to where you get the information to make them...or to dispute others.

    Every argument turns into another Mac Show. You bombard every topic with nothing by your personal beliefs...without injecting any viable information that might corroborate your views or position.

    lust - definition of lust by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    And it's also the main underlying cause of what the bible warns against irt homosexuality and why.

    Has a lot to do with events in Sodom, as well.....

    Stop being so defensive.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #1277
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,528

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    And it's also the main underlying cause of what the bible warns against irt homosexuality and why.

    Has a lot to do with events in Sodom, as well.....

    Stop being so defensive.
    "Warnings" are not related to "Cause". I'm not being defensive at all. I'm asking to you post replies that are congruent and relative to the arguments.

    Not all people subscribe to Bible explanations, Mac. Can't we stay in the realm of our current experiences?

    The Bible "WHYs"...are simple: God said it was bad! Sorry, Mac, that just doesn't cut it. Life's a lot more complicated and demands much technical information to reach any solutions that we modern humans can use as tools to help us understand.

    Bibical days are 2000 years ago, Mac...we have come along way in understanding more about EVERYTHING that exists...without any information contained in the Bible.

  8. #1278
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    "Warnings" are not related to "Cause". I'm not being defensive at all. I'm asking to you post replies that are congruent and relative to the arguments.

    Not all people subscribe to Bible explanations, Mac. Can't we stay in the realm of our current experiences?

    The Bible "WHYs"...are simple: God said it was bad! Sorry, Mac, that just doesn't cut it. Life's a lot more complicated and demands much technical information to reach any solutions that we modern humans can use as tools to help us understand.

    Bibical days are 2000 years ago, Mac...we have come along way in understanding more about EVERYTHING that exists...without any information contained in the Bible.
    well, if we're talking about sin......religion seems like a good place to start. i dont think thats unreasonable.
    Last edited by mac; 06-05-11 at 01:31 PM.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #1279
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,528

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    well, if we're talking about sin......religion seems like a good place to start. i dont think thats unreasonable.
    Okay, Mac... To me...the word sin is interchangeable with the word "shortcoming" all the way up to "crime." It's a very abstract word. It is because the word SIN, like MORALS, have different meanings to different people.

    Even the mega-millions of Christians can't mutually agree on the meanings of many of the most provocative scriptures.

    We are doomed to dark age thinking and social consequences if we can't deal with empirical issues and explanations. We aren't supernatural beings. We can't interpret supernatural parables, metaphors, or allegories.

    I don't know where else to go with this argument.

  10. #1280
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,098
    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I asked you a question which you have failed to answer, and have instead responded with another question.

    Homosexuality occurs in nature. There are several theories as to why it exists, but nobody knows for sure. But the fact that it exists in nature, clearly makes it natural even if its purpose isn't clear.

    Again you have yet to provide a rationale for your logical leap of "doesn't involve procreation" --> therefore unnatural.
    Tell you what I'll do. I'll answer your question. In return, you answer my question, no matter how much you disagree with it.

    Have we got a deal?
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. – Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •