View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 104 of 162 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1031
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Without knowing your definition of unnatural, I cannot answer.
    You need me to define your thoughts, red?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #1032
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    That's because your trying to prove gay sex is natural by using a dictionary. You can't do that. The definition is too broad, and not specific to the subject of gays.
    This applies to you as well. You use a definition of "natural" from Natural Moral Law which in turn is derived from Aristotelian Philosophy. Most people stopped using that definition of "natural" in the Medieval ages. The Catholic Church and other orthodox Christian sects have kept it alive. Your definition of "natural" is a teleological construct. You believe that everything is designed to serve a purpose and if it does not serve that purpose then it is an "unnatural" act. This form of Aristotelian Philosophy was abandoned by most of the world hundreds of years ago since it was based entirely upon speculation and conjecture.

    For example, you believe anal sex is "unnatural" because it does not lead to procreation. By extension, you believe masturbation and oral sex are equally as "unnatural" since they don't lead to procreation. The hand and the mouth are not reproductive organs. Even In vitro fertilisation, which is the process of fertilising an egg with a sperm outside the body, would be considered a highly "unnatural" act by you.

    Most people today use an empirical definition of "natural". Empiricism is the basis of science, and it holds that observation and measurement are the key to understanding the world. As such, the modern definition of "natural" is that which is observable and measurable. Homosexuality is "natural" by this definition because it can be observed occurring prevalently in the higher animal kingdom.

    You definition is incredibly outdated and not used by most of the modern world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #1033
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Then you prove my point...because humans do it does not make it natural.
    I didn't prove your point
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #1034
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So we cannot use the source that has the definition of words to get the definition of words. That makes sense...
    No. Not unless the definition is specific to the subject of gays.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. – Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  5. #1035
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You need me to define your thoughts, red?
    You want to know if fasting is natural based on the definition I use, the one from the dictionary? I will answer on two conditions:

    1) You can't say I am wrong based on some definition of natural you never mention

    2) you have to give a definition of natural before I answer.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #1036
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    No. Not unless the definition is specific to the subject of gays.
    Why are we so damn special that normal words can't apply to us?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #1037
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    No. Not unless the definition is specific to the subject of gays.
    Well then, give us your definition. If it is the same as the last definition you gave, it won't work.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #1038
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Why are we so damn special that normal words can't apply to us?
    Hot gays always leave me at a loss for words...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #1039
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I didn't prove your point
    You did. You implied that because humans are animals And they commit homosexuals acts in nature, then human homosexuality is natural. You've proven this logic false.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #1040
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You need me to define your thoughts, red?
    1. Where are we supposed to get definitions if not the dictionary?
    2. What is your definition of natural?

    Such easy questions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •