View Poll Results: Is America finished as a republic?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 23.81%
  • I guess so

    3 14.29%
  • I don't know

    3 14.29%
  • I guess not

    0 0%
  • No

    10 47.62%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 75

Thread: Is America finished as a republic?

  1. #41
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Is America finished as a republic?

    Quote Originally Posted by alfons View Post
    america is going to became a socialistic dictatorship without any industry and islam as the state religion.
    rofl!!!!!!!!!!
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  2. #42
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Is America finished as a republic?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Ok, so basically anything other than" ne man is a nation unto himself" is fascist.
    only if you want to be stupid about it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is America finished as a republic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    America is going to became a Socialistic Dictatorship without any Industry and Islam as the State Religion.
    This is the Alfons we know and love. Simply hilarious! Well done sir. You could write for Colbert.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is America finished as a republic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    only if you want to be stupid about it.
    How's that stupid? If both sides are fascist...that leaves what?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Is America finished as a republic?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    How's that stupid? If both sides are fascist...that leaves what?
    A tough situation for the People to fight out of. There are plenty of forms of government which are not fascist, it doesn't mean that it has to be some completely individualistic thing. Though all government tends towards tyranny given time, so regardless you have to watch out. There isn't really differing sides in the main party any more, they both functionally behave similarly. There has been a closure of political competition wherein the Republocrats solidate their control of the government through rules and regulations which prevent actual challenges. Even the media itself is captured and reports on sensationalism with severe partisan bias. So when people are saying "we're gonna be socialist" this or that, it's not quite correct because what both parties engage in is fascism, not socialism. It's all built upon the power and authority of the State over the People. Furthermore, both sides have championed vast expansion of government and aggressive, interventionist, forever war. Additionally both sides support the corporate capitalist model we have going now over free market capitalism which allows competition. It's a complete fusing of State and Industry such that government has complete dominion over Industry.

    If you look around at the system for what it is, it is clear that what is being followed now is a fascist playbook. Modern day "conservatism", the folk who champion all this movement of government, is nothing more than thinly veiled fascism as I have said and subsequently explained and expanded.

    But if both sides are fascist that leaves us with the job to find the proper party which can take over and reverse the damage which has been done over the decades by the Republocrats. It's not an all or nothing sort of thing, not yet anyway.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #46
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Is America finished as a republic?

    Naa America is still a republic. But we hvae had an olagarchy for a while now tho..


  7. #47
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Is America finished as a republic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    A tough situation for the People to fight out of. There are plenty of forms of government which are not fascist, it doesn't mean that it has to be some completely individualistic thing. Though all government tends towards tyranny given time, so regardless you have to watch out. There isn't really differing sides in the main party any more, they both functionally behave similarly. There has been a closure of political competition wherein the Republocrats solidate their control of the government through rules and regulations which prevent actual challenges. Even the media itself is captured and reports on sensationalism with severe partisan bias. So when people are saying "we're gonna be socialist" this or that, it's not quite correct because what both parties engage in is fascism, not socialism. It's all built upon the power and authority of the State over the People. Furthermore, both sides have championed vast expansion of government and aggressive, interventionist, forever war. Additionally both sides support the corporate capitalist model we have going now over free market capitalism which allows competition. It's a complete fusing of State and Industry such that government has complete dominion over Industry.

    If you look around at the system for what it is, it is clear that what is being followed now is a fascist playbook. Modern day "conservatism", the folk who champion all this movement of government, is nothing more than thinly veiled fascism as I have said and subsequently explained and expanded.

    But if both sides are fascist that leaves us with the job to find the proper party which can take over and reverse the damage which has been done over the decades by the Republocrats. It's not an all or nothing sort of thing, not yet anyway.
    My question to you, in regards to your theory is whether under the scenario you assert we are now under, was this a natural progression given events and circumstances, or something planned and driven to arrive at the said conclusion?

  8. #48
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is America finished as a republic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    A tough situation for the People to fight out of. There are plenty of forms of government which are not fascist, it doesn't mean that it has to be some completely individualistic thing. Though all government tends towards tyranny given time, so regardless you have to watch out. There isn't really differing sides in the main party any more, they both functionally behave similarly. There has been a closure of political competition wherein the Republocrats solidate their control of the government through rules and regulations which prevent actual challenges. Even the media itself is captured and reports on sensationalism with severe partisan bias. So when people are saying "we're gonna be socialist" this or that, it's not quite correct because what both parties engage in is fascism, not socialism. It's all built upon the power and authority of the State over the People. Furthermore, both sides have championed vast expansion of government and aggressive, interventionist, forever war. Additionally both sides support the corporate capitalist model we have going now over free market capitalism which allows competition. It's a complete fusing of State and Industry such that government has complete dominion over Industry.

    If you look around at the system for what it is, it is clear that what is being followed now is a fascist playbook. Modern day "conservatism", the folk who champion all this movement of government, is nothing more than thinly veiled fascism as I have said and subsequently explained and expanded.

    But if both sides are fascist that leaves us with the job to find the proper party which can take over and reverse the damage which has been done over the decades by the Republocrats. It's not an all or nothing sort of thing, not yet anyway.
    Ok...well then, doesn't the tea-party movement at the very least threaten to destabilize that trend towards fascism? I mean, the only way to limit government is to defund it, so, who's trying to do that?

    (no, I have no affiliation with the Tea-Party)
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #49
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Is America finished as a republic?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Ok...well then, doesn't the tea-party movement at the very least threaten to destabilize that trend towards fascism? I mean, the only way to limit government is to defund it, so, who's trying to do that?

    (no, I have no affiliation with the Tea-Party)
    The Ron Paul Tea Party is as you say. The Sara Palin/ Michelle Bachman version is only the old GOP social conservatives under a new banner.

  10. #50
    is totally not a robot.
    Juiposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,591
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is America finished as a republic?

    Only Conservative I would ever consider voting for, the man is awesome!
    "After all, you know, there are worse things in life than death. I mean, if you've ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman, you know exactly what I mean."
    -Woody Allen

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •