View Poll Results: What is your political identity?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal democrat

    17 27.87%
  • Non-liberal democrat

    3 4.92%
  • Conservative republican

    5 8.20%
  • Non-conservative republican

    2 3.28%
  • Socialist

    6 9.84%
  • Other --- Please explain

    19 31.15%
  • Independent Libertarian

    5 8.20%
  • Don't care

    1 1.64%
  • Communist

    0 0%
  • Freak

    3 4.92%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: What is your political Stance?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    What is your political Stance?

    Are you a liberal or conservative, etc?

    Why?

    What makes your stance better than others?

    Do you percieve any flaws in your stance?

    Which one specific aspect of the other political identities do you abhor?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: What is your political Stance?

    Are you a liberal or conservative, etc?
    **I'm more conservative than not, but I lean more liberal of issues of civil rights/equality (outside of entitlements, which I think promote neither)

    Why?
    **Partially because I was raised that way, and partially because I see no reason why personal morality should inhibit the rights of adults.

    What makes your stance better than others?
    **I don't think it is, nor will I ever say so. It is best for me, but I'm one person

    Do you percieve any flaws in your stance?
    **I'm sure I contradict myself on a few issues, which annoys me...but what can you do? everybody is a little hypocritical at some point

    Which one specific aspect of the other political identities do you abhor?
    **I can't stand the idea that the rich should be punished, penalized, or expected to provide more because of their success. I also can't stand the idea that being poor justifies doing nothing to earn your keep. I don't support the idea that we need to help every other country on the planet when we're in trillions and trillions of dollars in debt. I think war is sometimes necessary. I don't support government having control over every move a corporation makes and feel like the best solution is to hold corporations accountable to existing laws instead of creating newer, broader reaching laws. I don't think ideology or religion should be taught in schools. I don't think money solves all problems.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: What is your political Stance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Are you a liberal or conservative, etc?

    Why?

    What makes your stance better than others?

    Do you percieve any flaws in your stance?

    Which one specific aspect of the other political identities do you abhor?

    Thank you.
    I'm a classical liberal, in the tradition of Western Enlightenment thinkers like Locke and Jefferson and the grandfather of market capitalism, Adam Smith. Free markets, democracy, free thought, rationalism and fair competition.

    I agree with my stance because the proof seems to be in the pudding; I feel that (most) Western societies have been at the forefront of solving the major world's problems. Are we perfect? No. And we can still learn a lot from every other culture on Earth. But there is no where else I would want to live than the developed Western world.

    The biggest flaw in western democracies is that we are tolerant of others views and we allow them to express themselves, no matter how anti western democracy that view might be. That being said, absolute tolerance destroys tolerance. The intolerant will not tolerate the tolerant, so we need to constantly be vigilant about protecting our somewhat fragile system, in short, we must be somewhat intolerant while being tolerant. And no, that's not illogical.

    The one thing I can't stand is radical ideology; radical means "root", implying one root cause. So when someone says that all of societies problems can be boiled down to one problem (capitalism, the state, sexism/racism, etc.), I must control my death fist from smashing their skull into pink mist. Cuz, y'know, I'm a tolerant western liberal.

    You're welcome.

    (Love these posts! When will you answer, Mr. Undisclosed political leaner?)

  4. #4
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: What is your political Stance?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Are you a liberal or conservative, etc?
    **I'm more conservative than not, but I lean more liberal of issues of civil rights/equality (outside of entitlements, which I think promote neither)

    Why?
    **Partially because I was raised that way, and partially because I see no reason why personal morality should inhibit the rights of adults.

    What makes your stance better than others?
    **I don't think it is, nor will I ever say so. It is best for me, but I'm one person

    Do you percieve any flaws in your stance?
    **I'm sure I contradict myself on a few issues, which annoys me...but what can you do? everybody is a little hypocritical at some point

    Which one specific aspect of the other political identities do you abhor?
    **I can't stand the idea that the rich should be punished, penalized, or expected to provide more because of their success. I also can't stand the idea that being poor justifies doing nothing to earn your keep. I don't support the idea that we need to help every other country on the planet when we're in trillions and trillions of dollars in debt. I think war is sometimes necessary. I don't support government having control over every move a corporation makes and feel like the best solution is to hold corporations accountable to existing laws instead of creating newer, broader reaching laws. I don't think ideology or religion should be taught in schools. I don't think money solves all problems.
    Do you think you have more conservative beliefs than liberal or would you say you just believe more strongly or deeply in your conservative beliefs? Do you understand what I'm asking?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  5. #5
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: What is your political Stance?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Do you think you have more conservative beliefs than liberal or would you say you just believe more strongly or deeply in your conservative beliefs? Do you understand what I'm asking?
    I think I have more conservative views. My only real liberal leanings involve gay marriage and abortions.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: What is your political Stance?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I think I have more conservative views. My only real liberal leanings involve gay marriage and abortions.
    Honestly, to me you seem more left leaning, that's why I'm asking. I hope you don't mind, I mean no offense.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  7. #7
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,641

    Re: What is your political Stance?

    Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican. The difference becomes vague over time.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #8
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: What is your political Stance?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Honestly, to me you seem more left leaning, that's why I'm asking. I hope you don't mind, I mean no offense.
    No, not at all. I think a lot of my postings have been on those rights issues, so that's probably where some of that comes from. But I'm all for small government, personal accountability, fiscal austerity...I'm pro-gun, anti-union, anti-entitlement (mostly).
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #9
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,583

    Re: What is your political Stance?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I think I have more conservative views. My only real liberal leanings involve gay marriage and abortions.

    I am with the other shelled one!!



  10. #10
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,589
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is your political Stance?

    I'm a political half-breed. I care about issues, not political agendas. I agree with conservatives on some issues, I agree with liberals on others. I enjoy the luxury of not having to consult a political party playbook to discover what I think. Besides, that makes me deliciously unpredictable, a real life "riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma!" It's part of my irresistible charm.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •