View Poll Results: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree

    8 36.36%
  • I disagree

    12 54.55%
  • Other

    2 9.09%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 74 of 74

Thread: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

  1. #71
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    This is just so...wrong.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #72
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    This is just so...wrong.
    The Macho Man was never wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #73
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    and that 40% does not alarm you in the least?
    Hell yeah it does, but last i checked Democracy was about tolerance and embracing ideologies across all spectrums, Democracy here in Europe works differently in America where the participation of ideologies outside of the typical Pro-Democracy Pro-Capitalist spectrum is non-existent and that is to our advantage.

    In Europe we encourage the participation of every sects of society in politics, it's better than polarizing people.

    We will never agree or accept Shariah, end of story. If we continue promoting education and British values it will always work in our favor. It's what has kept our Democracy on top for centuries.

    As long as Muslims do not advocate terrorism they can believe in whatever politics they like. Do you disagree?

    A large majority of British Muslims want people jailed for criticizing Islam. I would assume you agree based upon your myriad disingenous defenses in this thread, but at some point perhaps you could approach the subject without a preexisting bias TOWARDS Islam rather than wagging your finger at those you claim are "Islamophobes".
    Actually i consider myself to be pretty centred on this issue unlike some who sit on DP all day waiting for any chance to prey on an "Islamic" topic. It's not surprising most religious people would want some form of justice taken against those who offend their prophet.

    I think it's wrong and stupid, but really, what religious group doesn't get all wound up about their prophets being slandered? At the end of the day we just need to discourage extremism, be that far right/left Christian or Muslim supremacy, we need to do what we have been doing for years; ignore it and discourage it. Witch hunts don't work neither will driving them underground.

    It's just religious people for you. Why should somebody support a group of people who hold such backwards views? Sure, it's nice to support the minority of Muslims who are not so afflicted, but let's get real here. Heck, the number of Muslims worldwide who believe in killing people for apostasy is staggering, yet for those who have just dug in their heels with a predetermined need to defend, I'm sure this, too, can be rationalized.
    When you say "most Muslims", in what demographics exactly? I would say most Muslims coming from the poorer Arabic countries are backwards sure but not all of the Muslims in Europe.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 05-24-11 at 10:00 AM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  4. #74
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    You are too busy making accusations and rationalizing to ask any valid questions.

    The basic premise of this thread is to compare the situation today with European Muslims to that of the previous century with Jews. Any intelligent person should be able to not countless differences in the situations, yet you have simply decided to reject anything that does not conform to your notion that apples and oranges are really the same thing, and you have gone to great lengths in your sophistry to display such.
    No, the basic premise isn't to compare how Jews came about to be hated and how Muslims came about to be hated. The basic discussion here is: has antisemetism been pushed to the back of the que in far right circles in Europe?

    Your debating with me which one deserves it more. Frankly no man on this Earth deserves to be targeted for his religious beliefs, end of.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •