View Poll Results: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree

    8 36.36%
  • I disagree

    12 54.55%
  • Other

    2 9.09%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

  1. #61
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Lets bring this discussion back into the fold of intelligence. Gardener has made his bias against Muslims very clear so i think i was right to seek clarification on this issue.




    By not comparing them to Jews in most dishonest fashion?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    By not comparing them to Jews in most dishonest fashion?
    Jews being persecuted is way more persecutey than the same hate groups persecuting muslims.

  3. #63
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,362

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Sorry was this aimed at me?
    Your link says 41% oppose it. You claim to know for a fact that 60% oppose it. What secret info do you have and why would you link something that proves your known fact to be incorrect.



    That's rhetorical. Don't hurt yourself explaining.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 05-23-11 at 09:30 AM.

  4. #64
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaya
    I know for a fact 60% of Muslims in the UK are against Shariah law but i havent seen European statistics on a whole.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...law-in-UK.html

    Perhaps you could be kind enough to prove your assertions?
    LOL
    You didn't even read your own Link.
    You know Nothing "for a fact".

    Your link cont'd:
    "40% of the British Muslims surveyed said they backed introducing sharia in parts of Britain, while 41% opposed it."

    About an even split. You Mistakenly subtracted 40 from 100 without considering the 'maybes'/undecideds.

    Which is what I said, "Some", "Many", Most", "Significant Minorities" or "Majorities". (not your strawman 'all')
    ergo, 40-60 wouldn't have refuted my point anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya
    So your poll shows that British Muslims are particularly conservative yet European Muslims have much more liberal views on these topics. So again, you blowing everything out of proportion by posting the misleading accusation that Muslims have ZERO tolerance towards gays, rather than stating this was only the case in Britain [B]where only 1000 Muslims where interviewed....
    More liberal but still MAJORITY INTOLERANT.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya
    There are also Orthodox Jews who have just as conservative views on these topics, should we throw them out too? Hell, i remember one Jewish MP in Israel blaming the 2008 earthquakes on Gays.

    What i mean to say is, your argument is a fallacy.
    So you're comparing ALL Muslims to the mere 10% of Jews who are Orthodox.
    I agree, the Normal "Mainstream" Muslim is equivalent in Piety to an Orthodox Jew, But NOT the other 90% of normal Mainstream/secular Jews.

    It's YOUR Fallacious and illogical debate backfiring as usual.
    Last edited by mbig; 05-23-11 at 10:10 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  5. #65
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Your link says 41% oppose it. You claim to know for a fact that 60% oppose it. What secret info do you have and why would you link something that proves your known fact to be incorrect.



    That's rhetorical. Don't hurt yourself explaining.
    I couldn't care less if you read the rest of my post or not, i wasn't talking to you anyway.

    Let's do the math. If 40% percent of all Muslim Britons favour Shariah law that means 60% either do not or favor something else.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 05-23-11 at 10:23 AM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  6. #66
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    By not comparing them to Jews in most dishonest fashion?
    That wasn't the question i asked you.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #67
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    LOL
    You didn't even read your own Link.
    You know Nothing "for a fact".

    Your link cont'd:
    "40% of the British Muslims surveyed said they backed introducing sharia in parts of Britain, while 41% opposed it."

    About an even split. You Mistakenly subtracted 40 from 100 without considering the 'maybes'/undecideds.

    Which is what I said, "Some", "Many", Most", "Significant Minorities" or "Majorities". (not your strawman 'all')
    ergo, 40-60 wouldn't have refuted my point anyway.
    YOUR claim was most Muslims favor Shariah law yet only 40% of all Muslims in Briton do, 44% of all Muslims oppose it and the rest have other varying preferences. You said "most Muslims favor Shariah", when these statistics show only 40% of all Muslims give Shariah fall backing in Briton. I then asked you to provide statistics of your claim that most Muslims in Europe want Shariah which you failed to do.

    More liberal but still MAJORITY INTOLERANT.
    And how many dedicated Christians or Jews are tolerant to homosexuality? You clearly tried to mislead members of this forum by purpoting "Muslims had no tolerance towards homosexuals" without mentioning only those in Briton and even then only 1000 Muslims where surveyed.

    So you're comparing ALL Muslims to the mere 10% of Jews who are Orthodox.
    I agree, the Normal "Mainstream" Muslim is equivalent in Piety to an Orthodox Jew, But NOT the other 90% of normal Mainstream/secular Jews.

    It's YOUR Fallacious and illogical debate backfiring as usual.
    And your comparing "all muslims" with 1000 that where surveyed? Your last statement rings irony.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 05-23-11 at 10:31 AM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  8. #68
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I couldn't care less if you read the rest of my post or not, i wasn't talking to you anyway.

    Let's do the math. If 40% percent of all Muslim Britons favour Shariah law that means 60% either do not or favor something else.
    and that 40% does not alarm you in the least?

    A large majority of British Muslims want people jailed for criticizing Islam. I would assume you agree based upon your myriad disingenous defenses in this thread, but at some point perhaps you could approach the subject without a preexisting bias TOWARDS Islam rather than wagging your finger at those you claim are "Islamophobes".


    Why should somebody support a group of people who hold such backwards views? Sure, it's nice to support the minority of Muslims who are not so afflicted, but let's get real here. Heck, the number of Muslims worldwide who believe in killing people for apostasy is staggering, yet for those who have just dug in their heels with a predetermined need to defend, I'm sure this, too, can be rationalized.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #69
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    That wasn't the question i asked you.
    You are too busy making accusations and rationalizing to ask any valid questions.

    The basic premise of this thread is to compare the situation today with European Muslims to that of the previous century with Jews. Any intelligent person should be able to not countless differences in the situations, yet you have simply decided to reject anything that does not conform to your notion that apples and oranges are really the same thing, and you have gone to great lengths in your sophistry to display such.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #70
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    I agree that they are being targeted quite frequently, yet Muslims have a great deal of violence associated with them, especially the fundamentalists. That being said, here in the US, immigrants from Latin America are being blamed quite frequently for much of the economic burdens. So I think it is not uniquely European, all are looking for scapegoats in tough times and always have, however the Islamic peoples have been met with new cautiousness around the world as I think most fear at first who among them are potential terrorists.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •