View Poll Results: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree

    8 36.36%
  • I disagree

    12 54.55%
  • Other

    2 9.09%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

  1. #51
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    the world is changing. it's overpopulated, for one thing. countries are having a hard time supporting their own citizens, let alone a bunch
    of stragglers who actually hold contempt for the nation they're residing in.
    Tis very true..

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    There is definetly no comparison in how they came about to be hated, but it doesn't change the fact that extremist Muslims are in the minority and the nusiance they are creating has made them public enemy number one for all of the biggest far right parties in Europe.
    Think about what you are saying. There are something like 1.5 billion Muslims. So if only 10% are extremists or support extremists that translates to 150 million people. I think you agree that in many parts of the Muslim world 10% would be a gross understatement of people who at least support extremist activities.

  3. #53
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Think about what you are saying. There are something like 1.5 billion Muslims. So if only 10% are extremists or support extremists that translates to 150 million people. I think you agree that in many parts of the Muslim world 10% would be a gross understatement of people who at least support extremist activities.
    I have never seen those statistics. In any case that doesn't give you the right to judge 90% of people based on the actions of 10%. It DOES mean however that we have a big fight on our hands.

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I have never seen those statistics. In any case that doesn't give you the right to judge 90% of people based on the actions of 10%. It DOES mean however that we have a big fight on our hands.
    No where did you see me judge other people. I do point out though that this group for some reason has a disproportionate number of members willing to do horrible things. I would have expected the majority to do their own introspection, to understand what in their teaching as allowing so many to follow such a hateful approach to people who do not believe as they do.

    To me that is the great moral failing of the leaders of this religion. Putting their head in the stand and saying that it is a small minority without truly addressing the issue seems like the act of moral cowards.

  5. #55
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    ....

    Are you suggesting all Muslims are engaging in a particular behavior that means they deserve this treatment?
    Super-basic Strawman alert!!!
    "are you suggesting ALL Muslims...."

    A question guaranteed to have a 'no' answer.
    This, the most common fallacious argument attempt on message boards.
    If however, one uses the honest and informative 'Some', 'Many', or 'most', he's screwed.
    Thus strawman "all."

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaya

    1) Mainstream Islam is not preaching violence, discrimination or extremism. That mean's that the actions of a handful is causing reactionary tensions against a generally non-violent civilization in Europe whom are facing increasing discrimination.
    Mainstream Muslims either in Majority or Significant Minority are in favor of Sharia Law and such punishments as Amputation for thievery, DEATH for Apostasy, and Stoning for adultery. (polls worldwide available, but we've ben thru this). Not to mention penalties for 'insulting Islam.'

    and of course:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...fer-500-a.html

    THAT'S "Mainstream" Islam.
    No more tricks.
    Last edited by mbig; 05-22-11 at 11:40 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  6. #56
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    This is unfortunately very true. This is very prominent in England. I know a lot of them refer to Muslims as "Pakis".

  7. #57
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    No where did you see me judge other people. I do point out though that this group for some reason has a disproportionate number of members willing to do horrible things. I would have expected the majority to do their own introspection, to understand what in their teaching as allowing so many to follow such a hateful approach to people who do not believe as they do.

    To me that is the great moral failing of the leaders of this religion. Putting their head in the stand and saying that it is a small minority without truly addressing the issue seems like the act of moral cowards.
    Sorry, i was talking in general terms wasn't aimed at you.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  8. #58
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Super-basic Strawman alert!!!
    "are you suggesting ALL Muslims...."

    A question guaranteed to have a 'no' answer.
    This, the most common fallacious argument attempt on message boards.
    If however, one uses the honest and informative 'Some', 'Many', or 'most', he's screwed.
    Thus strawman "all."
    Lets bring this discussion back into the fold of intelligence. Gardener has made his bias against Muslims very clear so i think i was right to seek clarification on this issue.


    Mainstream Muslims either in Majority or Significant Minority are in favor of Sharia Law and such punishments as Amputation for thievery, DEATH for Apostasy, and Stoning for adultery. (polls worldwide available, but we've ben thru this). Not to mention penalties for 'insulting Islam.'
    I know for a fact 60% of Muslims in the UK are against Shariah law but i havent seen European statistics on a whole.

    Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK - Telegraph

    Perhaps you could be kind enough to prove your assertions?

    and of course:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...fer-500-a.html

    THAT'S "Mainstream" Islam.
    No more tricks.
    Muslims in Britain have zero tolerance towards homosexual acts compared to their counterparts in France and Germany, according to a survey published today.

    By comparison, 35% of French Muslims found homosexual acts to be acceptable. A question on pornography also elicited different reactions, with French and German Muslims more likely than British Muslims to believe that watching or reading pornography was morally acceptable.

    On the issue of sexual relations between unmarried men and women, general populations surveyed express similar views, with the majority believing it was acceptable. But the Muslim populations polled again reflected greater diversity on the matter. French Muslims ranked highest again, with 48% believing it was acceptable, followed by 27% of German Muslims responding favourably. British Muslims came last, with only 3% of those questioned personally believing that sex between unmarried men and women was moral. There was a similar outcome when asked for their views on extra-marital affairs.

    So your poll shows that British Muslims are particularly conservative yet European Muslims have much more liberal views on these topics. So again, you blowing everything out of proportion by posting the misleading accusation that Muslims have ZERO tolerance towards gays, rather than stating this was only the case in Britain where only 1000 Muslims where interviewed.

    There are also Orthodox Jews who have just as conservative views on these topics, should we throw them out too? Hell, i remember one Jewish MP in Israel blaming the 2008 earthquakes on Gays.

    What i mean to say is, your argument is a fallacy.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 05-23-11 at 09:13 AM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  9. #59
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I know for a fact 60% of Muslims in the UK are against Shariah law but i havent seen European statistics on a whole.

    Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK - Telegraph

    Perhaps you could be kind enough to prove your assertions?
    41 per cent opposed it
    Your link.

    You don't expect me to read the rest of your stuff, right?

    Good day.

  10. #60
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Muslims replacing Jews as Europe's scapegoat

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Your link.

    You don't expect me to read the rest of your stuff, right?

    Good day.
    Sorry was this aimed at me?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •