View Poll Results: Do people who disagree with "the left" automatically watch Fox News

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course. Nobody would think that way if not for right wing media.

    0 0%
  • Most of them certainly do

    4 26.67%
  • Prehaps, its impossible to tell

    4 26.67%
  • It can be assumed that most of them can think for themselves

    7 46.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Is it correct to assume that people that disagree with liberals watch Fox News?

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Is it correct to assume that people that disagree with liberals watch Fox News?

    I've seen this comment, or one like it pop up enough from liberal posters (and not just on this board) when somebody makes a post regarding some disagreeable aspect of either Obama, modern day liberalism, some sort of left leaning policies, etc......

    "you need to stop watching Fox(Faux) news".....

    I have to wonder, why is it assumed that if someone has issue with left of center views it is automatically assumed that they are Fox News viewers (or in general terms listen to some sort of right-wing media)?

    Please vote accordingly
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it correct to assume that people that disagree with liberals watch Fox News?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    I've seen this comment, or one like it pop up enough from liberal posters (and not just on this board) when somebody makes a post regarding some disagreeable aspect of either Obama, modern day liberalism, some sort of left leaning policies, etc......

    "you need to stop watching Fox(Faux) news".....

    I have to wonder, why is it assumed that if someone has issue with left of center views it is automatically assumed that they are Fox News viewers (or in general terms listen to some sort of right-wing media)?

    Please vote accordingly
    See for people that immediately go to "you should stop watching fox news" they're probably pretty partisan themselves, so I kind of discount that view point.

    On the other hand, there are just certain things, about the way a left center viewpoint is disagreed with.

    If it's a well thought out, reasonable argument against it, then my first thought isn't Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh Fox News...

    But if I hear "DA SOCIALISTZ AND MASLIMS ARE TEH BADS, AND WANT TO DESTROY CHRISTMAS AND SANTA"

    My thoughts are... someones been watching a little too much FN.

  3. #3
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Is it correct to assume that people that disagree with liberals watch Fox News?

    I disagree with liberals lots of times but I've never watched fox news.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it correct to assume that people that disagree with liberals watch Fox News?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    See for people that immediately go to "you should stop watching fox news" they're probably pretty partisan themselves, so I kind of discount that view point.

    On the other hand, there are just certain things, about the way a left center viewpoint is disagreed with.

    If it's a well thought out, reasonable argument against it, then my first thought isn't Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh Fox News...

    But if I hear "DA SOCIALISTZ AND MASLIMS ARE TEH BADS, AND WANT TO DESTROY CHRISTMAS AND SANTA"

    My thoughts are... someones been watching a little too much FN.
    You see on another board I frequent (a non-political one) in the general discussion area sometimes a political topic will come up, and just by virtue of disagreeing on a policy like healthcare reform, it is automatically assumed that I watch Fox News (which I don't) because I didn't think this healthcare reform bill was good at all. In fact, many of my classmates were right of center political views and they all listened to NPR on the way to school (about an hour drive for some of us). Here the political discourse is a little bit more refined and focused since this is the primary topic of the board, but elsewhere a well thought out POV is still considered the blind allegiance to the corporate brainwashing of Fox news.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  5. #5
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it correct to assume that people that disagree with liberals watch Fox News?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    You see on another board I frequent (a non-political one) in the general discussion area sometimes a political topic will come up, and just by virtue of disagreeing on a policy like healthcare reform, it is automatically assumed that I watch Fox News (which I don't) because I didn't think this healthcare reform bill was good at all. In fact, many of my classmates were right of center political views and they all listened to NPR on the way to school (about an hour drive for some of us). Here the political discourse is a little bit more refined and focused since this is the primary topic of the board, but elsewhere a well thought out POV is still considered the blind allegiance to the corporate brainwashing of Fox news.
    Well some people are just like that, I mean, I heavily disagree with the Health Care reform bill delivered by Obama, but you couldn't get anyone further from watching Fox News then me.

    If you're saying it happens in non political boards alot, probably means it's just people who don't understand politics very well and just associate disagreement with, as you said, blind devotion to Fox News Right Wing tit

    I wouldn't lose sleep over people like that.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it correct to assume that people that disagree with liberals watch Fox News?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post

    I wouldn't lose sleep over people like that.
    It's actually ruined my marriage....or was that gays wanting to get married? Either way, I'm blaming those factors and not my propensity to ignore my wife.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  7. #7
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it correct to assume that people that disagree with liberals watch Fox News?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    It's actually ruined my marriage....or was that gays wanting to get married? Either way, I'm blaming those factors and not my propensity to ignore my wife.
    Definitely the heterosexually challenged.

    It's legal up here in Communist Canada, and it keeps me up at night.

    I just don't think I'll ever be able to marry anyone of the same sex, since we're not allowed to under penalty of death.

  8. #8
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Is it correct to assume that people that disagree with liberals watch Fox News?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    I've seen this comment, or one like it pop up enough from liberal posters (and not just on this board) when somebody makes a post regarding some disagreeable aspect of either Obama, modern day liberalism, some sort of left leaning policies, etc......

    "you need to stop watching Fox(Faux) news".....

    I have to wonder, why is it assumed that if someone has issue with left of center views it is automatically assumed that they are Fox News viewers (or in general terms listen to some sort of right-wing media)?

    Please vote accordingly
    It's sorta' like a boyfriend saying, "It must be that time of the month," during an argument -- a lame attempt to discount the value of what someone's said rather than refute the argument.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it correct to assume that people that disagree with liberals watch Fox News?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    See for people that immediately go to "you should stop watching fox news" they're probably pretty partisan themselves, so I kind of discount that view point.

    On the other hand, there are just certain things, about the way a left center viewpoint is disagreed with.

    If it's a well thought out, reasonable argument against it, then my first thought isn't Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh Fox News...

    But if I hear "DA SOCIALISTZ AND MASLIMS ARE TEH BADS, AND WANT TO DESTROY CHRISTMAS AND SANTA"

    My thoughts are... someones been watching a little too much FN.
    I'd say that the problem is the quality of people who "enjoy" Fox (IMO, they are not that bad) and worse yet, Beck and Limbaugh..
    I use PBS and NPR for the news, Fox and MSNBC sometimes (these are really entertainment more than news).

  10. #10
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Is it correct to assume that people that disagree with liberals watch Fox News?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    and it keeps me up at night.
    You all know the joke.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •