View Poll Results: Do the Democrats have a serious candidate for 2012?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Obama is the President. How much more serious can you get?

    7 36.84%
  • Yes, better to go with what you have than go through the primary process.

    1 5.26%
  • No, time to open it up to Hillary or Lieberman or some more rational Democrat candidate

    1 5.26%
  • Heck no, I wouldn't vote for any Democrat.

    10 52.63%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

  1. #31
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,927
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Also not exactly what we're after either:

    Zogby Surprise Poll: Jews Will Vote for Obama Despite Israel Stance » Matzav.com - The Online Voice of Torah Jewry
    Zogby Surprise Poll: Jews Will Vote for Obama Despite Israel Stance
    Saturday May 21, 2011 9:25 PM
    In an exclusive Newsmax.TV interview, Zogby noted that Democrats traditionally enjoy a 75 percent to 25 percent advantage in the Jewish vote. The lone exception was Ronald Reagan’s re-election bid in 1984.
    I may be wrong.

  2. #32
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,927
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Poll: Israel isn't top priority for US v... JPost - International
    Poll: Israel isn't top priority for US voters, including Jews
    Greer Fay Cashman
    03/31/2008 22:44

    Voters, including Jews, focus on economy, Iraq and health care.

    Israel figures low on the totem pole for likely American voters, who are chiefly concerned with the economy and jobs followed by the situation in Iraq, affordable health care, terrorism and national security. These are the findings of a poll conducted among 800 respondents representing America's broad demographic range in terms of age, affluence, gender, ethnic background and religion. The telephone poll, conducted between March 18-20, was commissioned by The Israel Project, a nonpartisan Washington, DC, organization that works to strengthen Israel's image in the American media. Project founder and president Jennifer Laszlo Mizrahi told a news conference in Jerusalem on Monday that even in the Jewish community, the majority of likely voters do not give priority to Israel. "Three quarters of the American Jewish community say that there are other issues more important than Israel," she said, saying only 23 percent of the Jewish population listed Israel as a top issue. The poll had a 3.5% margin of error. While 51% of the respondents acknowledged that the economy and jobs were their major concern, only 7% cited the Middle East conflict between Israel and the Palestinians and the threat of Iran.
    wall of text in the original

    An old poll
    Last edited by Simon W. Moon; 05-23-11 at 08:48 AM.
    I may be wrong.

  3. #33
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,927
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Still not exactly what we're looking for

    Post-election analysis: It


    Here's a mixed set of predictions
    Obama's Israel policy could loom large as midterm election issue in key races - TheHill.com
    The executive director of the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC), Matthew Brooks, said that “despite the warm and fuzzy photo-op” between Obama and Netanyahu, Jewish voters “are rightly troubled and rightly concerned” about the U.S. relationship with Israel.

    “I’d characterize the relationship as very cool,” Brooks said.

    Brooks said Democratic candidates would have to choose between defending Obama’s record on Israel on one side and “standing with the Jewish community” on the other. “It’s going to be a very uncomfortable place for them,” he said.

    The president said after the meeting with Netanyahu that the U.S. bond with Israel is “unbreakable,” and Democrats say GOP attempts to question Obama’s support for Israel represent a familiar — but failed — strategy. The RJC in particular warned during the 2008 presidential campaign that Obama would be hostile to Israel as president; Obama went on to win 78 percent of the Jewish vote, better than Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) in 2004.

    The U.S.-Israel alliance “has never been stronger or more strategically aligned than it is today,” said David Harris, president of the National Jewish Democratic Council.
    I may be wrong.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Your suggestion that one of the most credible researching polls facility out there (Gallup polls) is wrong and that you are right is not merely ignorant in inhuman levels but is also arrogant and ridiculous.
    No gallup is right, in a poll of rote palestine vs israel its not a measure of interest level.
    You are wrong.
    You dont know that the poll doesnt support your point.
    Click the link in my post.
    Gawd.

  5. #35
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    No gallup is right, in a poll of rote palestine vs israel its not a measure of interest level.
    You are wrong.
    You dont know that the poll doesnt support your point.
    Click the link in my post.
    Gawd.
    What link?
    I've already debunked your argument here by pointing out the fact that "neither/no opinion" was an option in the Gallup poll, what you're doing now is being in denial and are ignoring that fact.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    What link?
    I've already debunked your argument here by pointing out the fact that "neither/no opinion" was an option in the Gallup poll, what you're doing now is being in denial and are ignoring that fact.
    Do you know how often people choose 'no opinion' for any poll on anything? Not very often.

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Obama's most recent statements on Israel will have little to no effect on the Presidential Election. Those who are staunch in regards to the defense and alliance with Israel has mostly been displeased with Obama on his handling of Israel up to this point anyways, so shifting it from "disapproving" to "very disapproving" isn't going to really change many votes. I doubt there were many who were on the fence about him that are suddenly jumping over that fence now, considering if you felt how he's been treating Israel was only enough to put you on the fence then him saying essentially the same policy as Bush isn't likely to push you over it.

    To those that Israel isn't the top concern for their pick of President, then I think there will be FAR more important issues that hurt or help Obama.

    In regards to a "serious" candidate, that's a joke. The guy won handedly in 2008, is still polling about the 40% range, and still does well with his base.

  8. #38
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,927
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    What link?
    I've already debunked your argument here by pointing out the fact that "neither/no opinion" was an option in the Gallup poll, what you're doing now is being in denial and are ignoring that fact.
    How large iof a factor is Israel? Is it a greater factor than unemployment? Is it less than the concern about illegal immigration?
    I think you may be able top use the poll you cited to show that it is a concern of Americans, but how much of a concern in relation to other issues american care about?
    Is it a fringe issue? Is it a major concern?

    We don't seem to have any direct evidence of the relative importance of it--which is the point of the OP.

    It could be construed as falling under 'other' which, along with everything else in that category, polled as a concern for about 1% to 20% of Americans.
    I may be wrong.

  9. #39
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    We have heard a great deal of talk in recent days about how the GOP doesn't have a "serious" candidate. Compared to the GOP class of 2016, that may be true. But does the left have a serious candidate? Nevermind Obama's failed economic policies. Does his new anti-Israel policy of land ransoms to terrorist groups spell the end of his chances for re-election? Is it time for Democrats to find a pro-Israel candidate and hold a primary?
    Obama's position on Israel will not hurt him. Here is why.

    1.Not everybody has their tongues up Israel's ass hole trying to toss their salad. To most people Israel is no different than any other country on the planet and deserves no special attention. Would you give a **** if a president said the same thing about some other country even it was our ally? Probably not. You let the fact Jesus was born there bias you/


    2.People who vote for Obama are generally very liberal and not really religions at all therefore most likely to not give two ****s about Israel.

    3.Not everybody gives a **** about Israel regardless of party affiliation or religious beliefs. Even if they are religious the see Christianity as the replacement for Judaism just like Windows seven is the replacement for Vista.

    4. This is the most important part. Most people do not buy into the you are racist or anti-Semitic if you hate Israel, don't give two ****s about Israel or somewhat sympathize with the Palestinians. It's bad enough when libs try to use the phoney bologna race card and its just as bad when people calling themselves conservative do it to.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 05-23-11 at 12:34 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #40
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Do you know how often people choose 'no opinion' for any poll on anything? Not very often.
    Okay now you're just being weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    How large iof a factor is Israel? Is it a greater factor than unemployment? Is it less than the concern about illegal immigration?
    I think you may be able top use the poll you cited to show that it is a concern of Americans, but how much of a concern in relation to other issues american care about?
    Is it a fringe issue? Is it a major concern?

    We don't seem to have any direct evidence of the relative importance of it--which is the point of the OP.
    I wasn't discussing the OP. I was referring to the first comment of the second page in this thread. The second comment of that very same page in this thread is a comment of mine where I'm saying that the Israeli-US alliance is not such a significant factor in the coming elections, certainly not a decisive one that would differ between the identity of the elected president.

    Here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I also doubt it is such a significant factor in the elections of a president in the US.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •