View Poll Results: Do the Democrats have a serious candidate for 2012?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Obama is the President. How much more serious can you get?

    7 36.84%
  • Yes, better to go with what you have than go through the primary process.

    1 5.26%
  • No, time to open it up to Hillary or Lieberman or some more rational Democrat candidate

    1 5.26%
  • Heck no, I wouldn't vote for any Democrat.

    10 52.63%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    When you're being asked if you support the New York Knicks, the Boston Celtics or Both/Neither/No opinion, and you vote for either the Knicks or Celtics, then you pretty much give a **** about the team you voted for.
    Next.
    Indulge at ignorance at no cost to face. Sorry the whole 'being wrong' thing is too hard for you and not worth learning something.

  2. #22
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    In the case when they did not give a **** about one they would either vote for the other or vote for the option "neither/no opinion", they would not vote for the one they don't give **** about even if they give more **** about that one than the other, as there is an option for "none/no opinion", right? It's really elementary stuff, nothing Einstein is needed for to solve.
    No. You can favor one side over the other and still not care that much, or vice versa. I would answer "both/neither/no opinion" to that poll question but that doesn't mean I don't care about it. Conversely, I bet if you asked Americans who they favored in the British-Argentine dispute over the Falkland Islands, a good many of them would pick a side despite not knowing the first thing about it.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #23
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    No. You can favor one side over the other and still not care that much, or vice versa.
    I already said the obvious, voting for one when you can vote for none means you do support that one. That's the meaning of the poll. Let alone "give a **** about it" as you've phrased it.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #24
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Indulge at ignorance at no cost to face. Sorry the whole 'being wrong' thing is too hard for you and not worth learning something.
    Your suggestion that one of the most credible researching polls facility out there (Gallup polls) is wrong and that you are right is not merely ignorant in inhuman levels but is also arrogant and ridiculous.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #25
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Liberals really need to wake up to the reality that Obama has been a huge disappointment even to me.


    I didn't vote for him but I did hope he would be at least mediocre, and he has failed at every turn and caused so much damage to the economy with Bailouts, and just plain stupid programs like Cash for Clunkers.

    Had the $687 billion been given to the people we would for the most part be 100% out of debt and growing the economy by purchasing things we need instead of losing homes etc.

    He has also made the US weak and foolish in the rest of the World, and hurting our relationship with England, Israel, and others.

  6. #26
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Your suggestion that one of the most credible researching polls facility out there (Gallup polls) is wrong and that you are right is not merely ignorant in inhuman levels but is also arrogant and ridiculous.
    Actually no one is saying that it's wrong. Just that it doesn't measure what you seem to think it does.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #27
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Actually no one is saying that it's wrong. Just that it doesn't measure what you seem to think it does.
    It measures what it claims to be measuring for, which is support for Israel. It is then when you come in and claim that support for Israel does not equal giving a **** about it, which I find to be contradicting to logic itself.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #28
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I already said the obvious, voting for one when you can vote for none means you do support that one. That's the meaning of the poll. Let alone "give a **** about it" as you've phrased it.
    The somewhat silly poll (and the slightly more clear original post) specifically asks about how it will affect Obama's electoral prospects. That assumes something about intensity of conviction, which simply does not exist in most of the US electorate. For the most part, the only people who are going to blow a gasket over Obama's position on the Israel-Palestine conflict are hardcore right-wingers who wouldn't vote for him anyway.

    The fact that 63% of Americans tell pollsters they favor Israel doesn't mean that 63% of Americans are going to vote for whichever candidate they think is more pro-Israel.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 05-23-11 at 07:49 AM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #29
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The somewhat silly poll (and the slightly more clear original post) specifically asks about how it will affect Obama's electoral prospects. That assumes something about intensity of conviction, which simply does not exist in most of the US electorate. For the most part, the only people who are going to blow a gasket over Obama's position on the Israel-Palestine conflict are hardcore right-wingers who wouldn't vote for him anyway.

    The fact that 63% of Americans tell pollsters they favor Israel doesn't mean that 63% of Americans are going to vote for whichever candidate they think is more pro-Israel.
    It does mean that they give a **** about it. You'd notice from my first post in this thread where I'm saying myself that the alliance between the US and Israel is really not such a significant factor in the coming elections. What I was rejecting though is the notion that the majority of Americans do not "give a **** about it", which was your claim. I don't see why I need to repeat it so many times since it comes to my understanding that it is clear to you by now they do give a **** about it.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #30
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,941
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Does Obama's Israel Policy Mean a 2012 GOP Win?

    Apparently, a number of pollsters haven't thought to ask how much of a priority Israel is to voters. Not a one of these polls mention Israel at all.

    Priorities

    Israel v Palestinians tells us about attitudes in re Israel v Palestinians.

    What we need is a poll that compares Israel v the US economy etc.
    I may be wrong.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •