View Poll Results: Should this judge resign his club membership?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 84.62%
  • No

    1 7.69%
  • 4:20

    1 7.69%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 85

Thread: should this judge resign his club membership?

  1. #51
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: should this judge resign his club membership?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...apparently you just have to believe in the liberation of Aztlan.
    Take that Aztlan crap to the conspiracy theory forum.

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: should this judge resign his club membership?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Right...so lets eliminate anyone from public service if they have any specific bias or affiliations with any group that others might disagree with or find conflicting to their OWn personal biases instead of examining if there is ACTUAL bias involved. Better yet...we can snatch babies at birth...send them off to some private island and raise them to be gender and race neutral.

    The rule is a federal judge can not be a member of a club that discriminates on the basis of race or gender. As far as I know it does not say anything about religion. And we do happen to have freedom of religion in this country.

  3. #53
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,738

    Re: should this judge resign his club membership?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Take that Aztlan crap to the conspiracy theory forum.
    Got it...your bias doesnt match their bias. So...you got nothin...I hear ya...

  4. #54
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: should this judge resign his club membership?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Got it...your bias doesnt match their bias. So...you got nothin...I hear ya...
    Apparently you don't got it, because I'm saying that your New World Order garbage doesn't belong in a serious discussion.

  5. #55
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,738

    Re: should this judge resign his club membership?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    The rule is a federal judge can not be a member of a club that discriminates on the basis of race or gender. As far as I know it does not say anything about religion. And we do happen to have freedom of religion in this country.
    you also might wish to consult the 10 panelled judges that disagree with you. Better yet...schedule a meeting so that you can all attend.

  6. #56
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: should this judge resign his club membership?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Hokey schmoke...who knew there were so many Womens Organizations out there. And minority specific organizations. Well...that settles it. Shut em all down....
    In the vast majority of cases, one need not be a woman nor a minority to join such groups. There is not racial requirement to be a member of the NAACP, for example. The National Organization for Women has a distinct non-discrimination policy on their membership page.

    One need not be a women to advocate for women's rights and I don't know of an advocacy group who suggests that only women may join.

    If you find them, I will join you in calling them out.

  7. #57
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,738

    Re: should this judge resign his club membership?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I'm saying that your New World Order garbage doesn't belong in a serious discussion.
    In a discussion on gender and race bias? Really? Please...dont go and start embarassing yourself yet again.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: should this judge resign his club membership?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    you also might wish to consult the 10 panelled judges that disagree with you.
    They disagree with me so what

    And I agree with the dissenting judges.

  9. #59
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,738

    Re: should this judge resign his club membership?

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    In the vast majority of cases, one need not be a woman nor a minority to join such groups. There is not racial requirement to be a member of the NAACP, for example. The National Organization for Women has a distinct non-discrimination policy on their membership page.

    One need not be a women to advocate for women's rights and I don't know of an advocacy group who suggests that only women may join.

    If you find them, I will join you in calling them out.
    Well...I already mentione the CBC...how about the Association of Womens Professionals to start.

    Before this goes too far...you may get the point...I dont CARE if they belong to these groups as long as it doesnt affect their job.

  10. #60
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: should this judge resign his club membership?

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    In the vast majority of cases, one need not be a woman nor a minority to join such groups. There is not racial requirement to be a member of the NAACP, for example. The National Organization for Women has a distinct non-discrimination policy on their membership page.

    One need not be a women to advocate for women's rights and I don't know of an advocacy group who suggests that only women may join.

    If you find them, I will join you in calling them out.
    Great point, FFG. The NAACP and NOW are wonderful organizations that do not practice membership discrimination in any way. That anyone would compare these institutions to a racist country club is mindboggling.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •