View Poll Results: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 38.46%
  • No

    30 57.69%
  • No opinion

    2 3.85%
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 277

Thread: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No duh its not.
    So decentralization is a requirement or not?

    How would it end up in anarchy? We have decentralization with capitalism is that anarchy?
    No, we don't. Federal and state government has most of the governmental power in the US. Even local government cover a lot of people and they got limited power.

    How would this be bad? Have the workers have a say in the workplace? How would this end up in "anarchy"?
    Uhhh there would be a state.... Where did you even get the idea there would be no state?
    You said that it is wrong that in socialism the means of production is mostly owned by the state. But if there is a state, and means of production is controlled by the local government. Then it is controlled by the state.

    You know that local governments are part of the state?
    Last edited by Camlon; 05-17-11 at 08:22 PM.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    It does not... Because socialism is a broad ideology...
    There are many forms of socialism...
    So how come you wrote that only one type os socialism is the correct one? One that has never existed in practice?
    Last edited by Camlon; 05-17-11 at 08:15 PM.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Often a hallmark is a good argument

    Well, all I can say at this point is, if you can't understand the words you posted, you probably should not have posted them. Disagreeing with my logic is one thing, but failure to understand it at all, is another.
    You are the one who are wrong in this case. It is easy to see, because you are the one who stopped explaining your opinion and decided to flame me instead. That's why I lost all respect for you.

    Tell me where it says that democratic controlled workplaces are a requirement in that definiton?

  4. #84
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    You are the one who are wrong in this case. It is easy to see, because you are the one who stopped explaining your opinion and decided to flame me instead. That's why I lost all respect for you.

    Tell me where it says that democratic controlled workplaces are a requirement in that definiton?
    At some point, you expect a grown up person to be able to do basic tasks and do not feel the need to teach them basic concepts. I have shown you where you logic breaks down, if you disagree, so be it, if you lose respect for me because you can't understand your own proof, then it says more about you than about me.

    However, you ask the wrong question, please show me where I said it was a requirement. I was merely stating that government does not have to be involved.

    I have shown that your flaw is that you seem to want to bring the state into it. My point was not that the inverse of your point was true, only that you were wrong.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 05-17-11 at 08:51 PM.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    At some point, you expect a grown up person to be able to do basic tasks and do not feel the need to teach them basic concepts.
    I am going to report you if you keep acting like a jerk. Understand?

    However, you ask the wrong question, please show me where I said it was a requirement. I was merely stating that government does not have to be involved.
    You said it here http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059493174

    And from this post that I wrote, it should be pretty clear that government doesn't have to be involved. But in practice it is.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059493152

    I have shown that your flaw is that you seem to want to bring the state into it. My statement was one of "thats not the only definition" while you wanted to say it was.
    Liar.

    Please read your own posts, and read mine as well.

  6. #86
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    I am going to report you if you keep acting like a jerk. Understand?
    Feel free, I am sorry that you do not understand this basic definition. If stating a fact is being a jerk, then so be it. I disagree, but

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    And this was DemSocialist's point ...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    It does not... Because socialism is a broad ideology...
    There are many forms of socialism...
    Which was my point, however, he is also not arguing for the inverse here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    And from this post that I wrote, it should be pretty clear that government doesn't have to be involved. But in practice it is.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059493152
    Would this be one of those "because I said so posts", you are complaining about? Looks like it to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    Liar.

    Please read your own posts, and read mine as well.
    Again, I have shown you your logical error. Especially given what you have quoted does not support your conclusions.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 05-17-11 at 08:59 PM.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,879

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    BTW who is Nazim and why should we condemn him?
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  8. #88
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    BTW who is Nazim and why should we condemn him?
    Its a mayor from Pakistan.

    Nazim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Those mayors are bad people ...

    They have creepy stares

    Last edited by tacomancer; 05-17-11 at 09:06 PM.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Feel free, I am sorry that you cannot argue in an effective manner.
    You are a jerk! And no, I'm not reporting you because I can't argue against your lies and your weak points. I'm reporting you because you flame me, which is against the forum rules.

    "And this was DemSocialist's point ...
    "It does not... Because socialism is a broad ideology...
    There are many forms of socialism..."
    Another lie. This post was created long time after you said you agreed with his point. Lets look at what he really wrote.
    "Wrong. Socialism is where the workplace is democratically owned and controlled by the workers. Where the workplace is owned in a co-op fashion."

    I came with the definition of socialism from Wikipedia.

    I asked you, No, but the definition doesn't have workplace in it either. Who did you side with?

    And you answered
    Obviously, I side with the person who can understand a simple definition. So in this case, it would be TheDemSocialist.


    Would this be one of those "because I said so posts", you are complaining about? Looks like it to me.
    No in this post I show who you really are, a liar.

    I said clearly in that post, We don't necessarily need a government in socialism, but in practice socialism tend to have a big government. Still, here you are pretending like you argued for my point and I argued for something else.


    Again, I have shown you your logical error.
    The only thing you have shown is that you are a jerk and a liar.
    Last edited by Camlon; 05-17-11 at 09:13 PM.

  10. #90
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Ok, so now I am a liar because I don't agree with you and have supported my arguments while you have not? Of course me showing support for my argument falsifies any claim you have that I lied.

    This is not a good debate technique.

    In the end, my argument is logically supported and yours is not, even what you linked to proves my case.

    So in the end, my point still stands.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 05-17-11 at 09:12 PM.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •