View Poll Results: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 38.46%
  • No

    30 57.69%
  • No opinion

    2 3.85%
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 277

Thread: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Socialism does not lead to dictatorship, people do.

    You think one day youll wake up and it'll be just like soviet Russia...

    Well my friend, its not quite that simple, and if ou knew anything about history you'd see that, pol pot, Lenin, Mou... They all came to power in civil wars and replaced already totalitarian regimes...

    It wasn't that they got elected and went BOOM socialism!
    People under the concept of socialism has lead to dictatorship more than once. Jetboogieman, how many socialistic and communists nations are there? Would you be able to rank good examples and bad examples? What is consistent among the bloody nations? What will you say if more people die? Would your mind change if it were a loved one? Is it not true that if people ate dishes with the intangible ingredients of socialism or communism, and some died during their meal, should not that ingredient be removed or substituted?

    You should not percieve what I think, Jetboogieman. Why call me your friend if you do not even know me? Nothing is quite that simple, I'm afraid. I do know my history about those bloody revolutions, Jetboogieman. The point is that millions have died under them. Bolsheviks, the Red Scare, etc.

    Of course not, Jetboogieman.

    It is interesting to see how people cling to their beliefs while not realizing the bloody trail behind them. I suppose those were mere errors. Let us continue our bloody dance.

  2. #262
    User Che's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    105

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    I have voted No.Not too sure I understand what the OP is on about as socialism and communism are two different things to me and claiming that socialism has killed so many people and therefore is bad I do not agree with.Socialism never killed any people, people kill people.
    “If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.”

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    I have voted No.Not too sure I understand what the OP is on about as socialism and communism are two different things to me and claiming that socialism has killed so many people and therefore is bad I do not agree with.Socialism never killed any people, people kill people.
    I do not care if you scream for Godwin (damn cellphone function) By your belief, Naziism never killed people, because only people kill people. The including of genocide in Naziism becomes irrelevant because it is the people that kill people.
    Last edited by Wake; 05-21-11 at 11:58 PM.

  4. #264
    User Che's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    105

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I do not care if you scream for Gordon. By your belief, Naziism never killed people, because only people kill people. The including of genocide in Naziism becomes irrelevant because it is the people that kill people.
    Who is Gordon?The Nazis were not socialist, far from it.They killed all the left wing of their party in 1934.As I said people kill people and the Nazis were people and not socialists.The Nazis were as far to the right as it goes.
    “If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.”

  5. #265
    Distributist
    Jeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    What an odd poll.

    First off, fascism is probably the most ill-defined term in political theory. When most people today protest something like "fascism," what they're really condemning is general totalitarianism or racism/antisemitism. Fascism as preached by Adolph Hitler had several contradictions, mostly because the man was...unbalanced. The same can be said for Il Ducé. Matthew Feldman and Roger Griffin wrote an interesting book on the misconception that fascism is an actual ideology.

    Second of all, debates about "which system has killed more" seem pointless to me.

    Third of all, if you were to ask me "Should the USSR be condemned like Nazi Germany?" I would most definitely say yes. I can't stand people who wear hammer-and-sickle shirts, and it's really not something to glorify even if you're being ironic. But just "socialism?" The governments of Europe could (and are) defined as democratic socialists, and it's not worth condemning them as Nazis.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Who is Gordon?The Nazis were not socialist, far from it.They killed all the left wing of their party in 1934.As I said people kill people and the Nazis were people and not socialists.The Nazis were as far to the right as it goes.
    They were socialist. They killed conservatism as well. Even though Hitler later regretted adding "socialist" to "NAZI" does not negate that they were socialist.
    Last edited by Wake; 05-22-11 at 12:16 AM.

  7. #267
    User Che's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    105

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    They were socialist. They killed conservatism as well. Even though Hitler later regretted adding "socialist" to "NAZI" does not negate that they weren't socialist.
    Well I see we are not going to agree on this point, so you can believe that they were socialists and I will not.OK.
    “If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.”

  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    They were socialist. They killed conservatism as well. Even though Hitler later regretted adding "socialist" to "NAZI" does not negate that they weren't socialist.

    Uhmmm which was it, they were or they weren't?

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Uhmmm which was it, they were or they weren't?
    *Unwanted typo. Borrowed cellphone keeps posting words I don't want to post. I meant "were",

  10. #270
    Distributist
    Jeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    They were socialist. They killed conservatism as well. Even though Hitler later regretted adding "socialist" to "NAZI" does not negate that they weren't socialist.
    Debatable. Or at least debatable until 1936, when Hjalmar Schacht was no longer head of the Reichsbank. Besides, a "true" socialist economy wouldn't ban trade unions, collective bargaining, and the right to strike. And it also wouldn't have a leader obsessed with protecting the property rights of the middle class. I'm not saying there isn't an argument to be made for Nazi Germany being socialist. Only that the waters are far too murky to just throw one word out there and call it a day.

    "The basic feature of our economic theory is that we have no theory at all." --- Adolph Hitler.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •