View Poll Results: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 38.46%
  • No

    30 57.69%
  • No opinion

    2 3.85%
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 277

Thread: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Socialism no. Communism yes.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  2. #12
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,889

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque
    Child labor isn't a very solid argument. Children, elderly, and infirm citizens are working for pennies a day in sweat shops in communist countries all over the world. Most often, they're working in dangerous, unhealthy conditions with few rights.
    Lol, this is the most nonsensical post I've seen in a while.

    To the OP: obvi not, because communism is fer cool kidz
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    If I lived in Sweden, I would not like paying 60% of my income in taxes, but at least I could bitch about it. I could not bitch about the government in Pinochet's Chile, however. I certainly would place the regimes of Stalin, Pol Pot, and Mao on the same level as the Nazis, but this does not make all socialism evil incarnate, just a mode of economic production that I don't like.
    Sweden is not a socialist country, and many European countries are more left wing than Sweden econmically.

    Sweden is more a culturally left wing country. For instance you can not bitch about it in public, because you may end up in prison. Like Ake Gren did The Truth Seeker - Swedish pastor sentenced to one month's jail for offending homosexuals
    Also, the law doesn't apply equally to all relgions, muslims say **** about homesexuals all the time. And you can't criticize muslims either in Sweden.

    Another factor is political correctness. You may be allowed to say you want to restrict immigration, but you will be labed a racist by the media. Immigration to Sweden has been disaster, the immigrants have mostly ended up on welfare and the crime rates has exploded. In fact Sweden crimes rates are higher than the US, but Swedes don't know that because the media hides it. Also, if you are against abortion then you hate women.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    This is a very unintelligent poll.
    What makes a poll "unintelligent", TheDemSocialist? What makes an intelligent poll? Perhaps words themselves can be intelligent or not? What of zucchinis and potatoes? Since they are unique to words and polls because they are living, then assuredly they too can be intelligent? What do you know of intelligence?

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Would newer and/or more passive concepts of Naziism be acceptable? If not, then why the exception with Communism?

  6. #16
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Communism has actually killed enough people to make a Nazi blush and socialism is just one-step away from communism. Like Naziism and terrorism they are a failed ideology and belong on the ash-heap of history to be scowled at and pissed upon.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  7. #17
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,889

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Communism has actually killed enough people to make a Nazi blush and socialism is just one-step away from communism. Like Naziism and terrorism they are a failed ideology and belong on the ash-heap of history to be scowled at and pissed upon.
    Communism hasn't killed anyone.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Communism hasn't killed anyone.
    Would you say the same about Naziism?

  9. #19
    Professor
    NGNM85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Communism has actually killed enough people to make a Nazi blush


    Communism hasn't killed anyone. It's an ideal. Also, the Bolsheviki were condemned by the majority of their contemporaries; Communists, Anarchists, etc., it was a considerable departure from, what was then, the majority view. Also, even for Lenin, Stalin, Mao, genocide was not a key componant of their ideology. In Naazism, genocide is virtually unavoidable, as it is the explicit goal; non-Aryans must be annihilated.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    and socialism is just one-step away from communism.
    Not exactly, no.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Like Naziism and terrorism they are a failed ideology and belong on the ash-heap of history to be scowled at and pissed upon.
    Terrorism is not an ideology, it is an activity. Incidentally, the most prolific perpetrator of international terrorism is the United States.

    Real Socialism, Libertarian Socialism, or something like it has only existed on earth on a few notable occasions. the examples that spring to my mind are the Anarchist strongholds in revolutionary Spain, like Catalonia, and some of the Israeli Kibbutzim, which were structured roughly on a Libertarian Socialist basis. However, even if you count these examples as failures, which I'm not conceding at this moment, that does not mean that Socialism is fundamentally unsustainible.
    Last edited by NGNM85; 05-17-11 at 02:52 AM.
    Economic Left/Right: -7.25, Authoritarian/Libertarian:-7.13
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. -Noam Chomsky

  10. #20
    Professor
    NGNM85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Should Socialism - Communism be condemned like Nazim?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Would you say the same about Naziism?
    Technically, yes. However, the difference is Nazism explicitly exhorts it's adherents to commit genocide.
    Economic Left/Right: -7.25, Authoritarian/Libertarian:-7.13
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. -Noam Chomsky

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •