View Poll Results: Can you say 'God Bless America'?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am a Liberal, I can say it

    6 13.33%
  • Yes, I am a Conservative, I can say it

    20 44.44%
  • Yes, I am a Libertarian, I can say it

    6 13.33%
  • No, I am politically correct

    6 13.33%
  • I dunno

    7 15.56%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 161

Thread: Can you say 'God bless America'?

  1. #101
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Can you say 'God bless America'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    G-d bless America!
    An observation - when people fear to use the word "God", or when they fear to pray, then, IMO, that society is sick !

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Can you say 'God bless America'?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    barb, do you really believe god blesses countries?
    I don't know, do you ?
    Thought must be given...for some seconds. then are are more pressing things to do..
    I think that God has "blessed" this entire earth, and, of course, IMO, some parts are better(needs defined) than others.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Can you say 'God bless America'?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    An observation - when people fear to use the word "God", or when they fear to pray, then, IMO, that society is sick !
    Aren't there some religions where you're not supposed to write out the full name of god or something like that?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Can you say 'God bless America'?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post

    An observation - when people fear to use the word "G-d", or when they fear to pray, then, IMO, that society is sick !
    You confuse "fear" with "respect."

  5. #105
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Can you say 'God bless America'?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSandeno View Post
    With the way "Patriots" are nowadays, who would really want to be one?

    I like the U.S.A. and all, but I'm not about to love it blindly just because I was born here by chance.
    I think you are confusing nationalism and patriotism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I wish mods spent less time hunting down any slight incivility and more time hunting down trolls on this forum.
    [Temp Suspended]

    Too funny.

  6. #106
    Advisor BentWingedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-23-11 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    441

    Re: Can you say 'God bless America'?

    George Carlin expresses my views!http://youtu.be/uuOBf-39t64
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

  7. #107
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Can you say 'God bless America'?

    Under Obama, America has undertaken a nefarious course of action in domestic and foreign affairs. Therefore, no -- God shouldn't bless America right now.
    NOTICE: I am not a troll, because what I write I believe, and I have no intention of derailing threads or manipulating human nature. I am not a terrorist, because I do not endorse the killing of innocent people, and I am not here to promote violence. I AM HERE ONLY TO EXPRESS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ENJOY LIVELY DISCUSSION.

  8. #108
    User stelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    05-31-13 @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    129

    Re: Can you say 'God bless America'?

    Quote Originally Posted by BentWingedAngel View Post
    George Carlin expresses my views!http://youtu.be/uuOBf-39t64
    THIS.

    I believe it's the Jews, or some Jewish sects, who are required to write it as "G-d". Conversationally, I've heard them use "Hashem", not "God".
    And yeah, my speech organs are functional, I can say it, I just don't. Like George said, it leaves too many people out. Strident nationalism is one of the earmarks of fascism.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Can you say 'God bless America'?

    I honestly don't think God has been blessing America for quite some time.

  10. #110
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Can you say 'God bless America'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I honestly don't think God has been blessing America for quite some time.
    Obama is a curse.
    NOTICE: I am not a troll, because what I write I believe, and I have no intention of derailing threads or manipulating human nature. I am not a terrorist, because I do not endorse the killing of innocent people, and I am not here to promote violence. I AM HERE ONLY TO EXPRESS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ENJOY LIVELY DISCUSSION.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •