View Poll Results: Do you support the growing bipartisan movement to end war in Afghanistan?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    17 73.91%
  • No

    5 21.74%
  • Other

    1 4.35%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Should Congress require Obama end the war in Afghanistan?

  1. #51
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Should Congress require Obama end the war in Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    So when are You, the people going to start forcing?
    Public support is building for that to happen?

    "May 2011 United States: The majority 59% of Americans believe it is time to end their country's longest war and leave Afghanistan. One week after the targeted killing of Osama bin Laden by a specially-trained U.S. covert unit, three-in-five Americans think the decade-long war should be ended and their troops brought home. Only one third think their country should continue to maintain American military forces in Afghanistan. Not a single major demographic group had a majority that favoured keeping U.S. military forces in Afghanistan. The USA Today / Gallup poll was conducted May 5-8, 2011."

    International public opinion on the war in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Catawba; 05-17-11 at 12:22 AM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #52
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Should Congress require Obama end the war in Afghanistan?

    HR 1735 is a good start but, we need to bring all of our troops home from around the globe.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  3. #53
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Should Congress require Obama end the war in Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Public support is building for that to happen?

    "May 2011 United States: The majority 59% of Americans believe it is time to end their country's longest war and leave Afghanistan. One week after the targeted killing of Osama bin Laden by a specially-trained U.S. covert unit, three-in-five Americans think the decade-long war should be ended and their troops brought home. Only one third think their country should continue to maintain American military forces in Afghanistan. Not a single major demographic group had a majority that favoured keeping U.S. military forces in Afghanistan. The USA Today / Gallup poll was conducted May 5-8, 2011."

    International public opinion on the war in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Unless my reading of history is wrong, a global Pew poll did not force the USA to run away from VN. Seems to me that someone would have to be daffy to think a global Pew poll is going to force the USA to withdraw from Afghanistan.

    So, I ask again, have you or are you organizing mass protests for withdrawal or are your ranings on political forums the totality of your contribution?

    I do think it's amusing that Kenya voted the USA should stay. Shouldn't that influence the sitting President more than all those other counties.

    .

  4. #54
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Should Congress require Obama end the war in Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by peepnklown View Post
    HR 1735 is a good start but, we need to bring all of our troops home from around the globe.
    Do you expect this to pass the House and, if so, do you expect it to pass the Senate, and if so, do you expect the President to sign it or, if the President vetos it, do you expect both houses to override?

    Otherwise it is just a waste of paper.

    .

  5. #55
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Should Congress require Obama end the war in Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    Unless my reading of history is wrong, a global Pew poll did not force the USA to run away from VN. Seems to me that someone would have to be daffy to think a global Pew poll is going to force the USA to withdraw from Afghanistan.

    So, I ask again, have you or are you organizing mass protests for withdrawal or are your ranings on political forums the totality of your contribution?
    Given the growth of public opposition to the war together with our spending problem, its doubtful mass protests will be needed.

    I do think it's amusing that Kenya voted the USA should stay. Shouldn't that influence the sitting President more than all those other counties.
    I'm sure it is big with the birther crowd!
    Last edited by Catawba; 05-17-11 at 07:02 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #56
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Should Congress require Obama end the war in Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Given the growth of public opposition to the war together with our spending problem, its doubtful mass protests will be needed.
    So when will this opposition exert enough pressure to force a withdrawal. Ya think that pressure might get high enough to force them to start moving out by sometime in 2014?

    I'm sure it is big with the birther crowd!
    I don't really know for sure as I do not know any birthers but I doubt many birthers nor a significant number of non-birthers for that matter pay much attention to Global Pew polls.

    .

  7. #57
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Should Congress require Obama end the war in Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    So when will this opposition exert enough pressure to force a withdrawal. Ya think that pressure might get high enough to force them to start moving out by sometime in 2014?
    Given our buget problems where the middle class is being asked to take cuts so we can continue to fund needless wars in the Middle East, I predict it will be much sooner than that.

    I don't really know for sure as I do not know any birthers but I doubt many birthers nor a significant number of non-birthers for that matter pay much attention to Global Pew polls.
    LOL! All the polls show the same thing, including the conservative Rasmussen Poll:

    56% Favor Bringing Troops Home From Afghanistan Within A Year

    Poll: Support for Afghan war at all-time low

    CNN poll: Growing pessimism in U.S. over Afghanistan war


    Afghanistan War: Poll Shows More Americans Disapprove Of Obama's Management Of Conflict



    Poll: Nearly 6 in 10 oppose war in Afghanistan


    Poll: Support for Afghan war policy plunges - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #58
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Should Congress require Obama end the war in Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Given our buget problems where the middle class is being asked to take cuts so we can continue to fund needless wars in the Middle East, I predict it will be much sooner than that.
    Are you a reliable predictor of such things?



    LOL! All the polls show the same thing, including the conservative Rasmussen Poll:

    ...
    I know you have a problem with concentration, but that comment was in regard to you thinking birthers would find the Kenya position in the Global Pew poll interesting. You really should try to stay focused, sweetie.

    .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •