View Poll Results: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 45.28%
  • No

    24 45.28%
  • I dunno

    5 9.43%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 65

Thread: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines who removed two imams?

  1. #41
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines who removed two imams?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm not quite sure if you're being sarcastic or not...

    But would the captain and crew be justified in acquiesing to your request? Constitutionally, I think I agree with you. Religious discrimination is not protected when it comes to one's right to fly. A restaurant is entitled to say, "No shoes-no shirt-no service." Can an airline have a dress code? A restaurant can certainly refuse to serve blacks -- as they could refuse to serve whites, if they chose.

    What's the answer? Dress codes? Maybe so. The whole circumstance irritates me because Muslims, I believe, should show more deference to even the irrational fears of their American friends. This is not a "Rosa Parks Moment." Nobody was blowing up busses.
    There is no fundamental right to fly, but there is a fundamental right to your religion, which means in order for some one to actively discriminate against a religion in policy there has to be an overriding benefit to society for them to do so.

    "NO shirt-no shos-no service" is entirely different, since it does not select based on religion, and it does have a strong value to society due to hygiene. Your argument fails on both constitutional and logical grounds.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #42
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines who removed two imams?

    I want to make a correction to the first paragraph in the post above: There is a fundamental right to religion, so governmental regulations cannot discriminate based on religion based on the constitution. Title II of the civil rights act of 1964 may(I am not sure yet) apply however, but this is legislative and not constitutional.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #43
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines who removed two imams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There is no fundamental right to fly, but there is a fundamental right to your religion, which means in order for some one to actively discriminate against a religion in policy there has to be an overriding benefit to society for them to do so.

    "NO shirt-no shoes-no service" is entirely different, since it does not select based on religion, and it does have a strong value to society due to hygiene. Your argument fails on both constitutional and logical grounds.
    Please link me to something that says dress codes are unconstitutional. As to hygiene, I'd dare say someone's bare feet are more hygenic that the shoes he walked through **** with.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-09-11 @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    156

    Re: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines who removed two imams?

    What are imams? Is that the new word for "Muslim"?

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-09-11 @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    156

    Re: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines who removed two imams?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Please link me to something that says dress codes are unconstitutional. As to hygiene, I'd dare say someone's bare feet are more hygenic that the shoes he walked through **** with.
    Strict dress codes are unconstitutional. Hence why you don't need a uniform to fly an airplane or drive a car or go to public school or walk into a business or anything else.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-09-11 @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    156

    Re: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines who removed two imams?

    Okay, after reading the article, I do not agree with the pilot's decision.

  7. #47
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines who removed two imams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    What are imams? Is that the new word for "Muslim"?
    Muslim religious leaders.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  8. #48
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines who removed two imams?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Please link me to something that says dress codes are unconstitutional. As to hygiene, I'd dare say someone's bare feet are more hygenic that the shoes he walked through **** with.
    I never said dress codes are unconstitutional, nice straw man however. I dare say that bare feet in a store are less hygienic than shoes in most situations. You are grasping at straws with that comment.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #49
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines who removed two imams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    Strict dress codes are unconstitutional. Hence why you don't need a uniform to fly an airplane or drive a car or go to public school or walk into a business or anything else.
    Send a memo to your local Catholic school. Edit: Oh, and all the United Airlines pilots you know. Oh! And.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I never said dress codes are unconstitutional, nice straw man however. I dare say that bare feet in a store are less hygienic than shoes in most situations. You are grasping at straws with that comment.
    A dress code is what I suggested. What are you complaining about then?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #50
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you agree with the pilot of Atlantic Southeast Airlines who removed two imams?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    It is not new that more and more passengers worldwide refuse to fly with Muslims because are afraid a terror attack or hijacking of airplane. Unfortunately lefts are against more strictly control of suspicious Muslims, therefore a fly together with two imams could be like a Russian Roulette. Why while any drunk or passenger may be restricted to entry the board, Teachers of a very "peaceful" Religion may fly without any prohibition.

    Nobody know what is in head of this "teachers". The question is do you agree with pilot or not.If not, please write honestly would you personally not afraid if you must to fly with this two imams?Do not forget that Islam is seeking revenge for killed Bin Laden.


    The story:


    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...fly_with_.html

    Some additional information about very peaceful matter of Islam.

    Quotes from the Qur'an

    Islam Watch - Links to other websites

    well, we don't know what's in the head of a psychotic, either. are you going to stop people from flying based on their dress? i agree that the pilot can refuse to fly, just as i agree that the airline could fire him for it. would i have an uneasy feeling flying with dressed imams? yes. would it stop me from flying? no, because i won't live in that kind of fear.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •