View Poll Results: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely! He's the man!

    91 65.94%
  • Yes, I will

    7 5.07%
  • I'm leaning that way

    7 5.07%
  • Absolutely not! What a loser

    2 1.45%
  • No I will not

    12 8.70%
  • Probably not

    5 3.62%
  • I can't/won't be voting

    0 0%
  • I'll be voting for Obama

    5 3.62%
  • I have no idea, it's too early

    4 2.90%
  • I don't fit here anywhere

    5 3.62%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 89

Thread: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

  1. #61
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    What conservative wouldn't be?
    plenty of conservatives won't be enamored with him. For being the so called outsider, he has political speak down pat. He doesn't actually say anything tangible. Identify the problem, surround himself with knowledgeable people, etc, etc.

    But my biggest fear with Cain is he is hiding his social conservative side for political expedience. He has said some things in the past that truly give me pause.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I will almost certainly be a delegate again at the Republican National Convention.

    The way you are trying to divide conservatives this early makes me not like your candidate at all. Is that your intention?
    I guess you haven't been checking out what the Ron Paul supporters are doing. They are eating their own and they don't care, as long as they can get enough people against Cain to make Paul look good. They don't seem to care if Obama gets re-elected or we end up with Romney.
    If "I" or any one person can make you not like a candidate, that doesn't say much for thinking for yourself and making an informed decision.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #63
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    What's some things Ron Paul would do to grow the economy?
    the most important thing, get government out of the way of the economy.

    But I'm more of a Gary Johnson guy this time around. Ron Paul has done a fantastic job of re-framing the debate, but he will always remain an education candidate first and foremost.

  4. #64
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I guess you haven't been checking out what the Ron Paul supporters are doing. They are eating their own and they don't care, as long as they can get enough people against Cain to make Paul look good. They don't seem to care if Obama gets re-elected or we end up with Romney.
    If "I" or any one person can make you not like a candidate, that doesn't say much for thinking for yourself and making an informed decision.
    Ron Paul's supporters are his greatest asset, and worst enemy. Don't follow in their footsteps.

  5. #65
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I'm ready for a president who wants all of us to be prosperous, and knows that we are an exceptional country.
    Do you honestly think that Obama wants everyone to be poor and thinks the country that he is president of sucks?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    plenty of conservatives won't be enamored with him. For being the so called outsider, he has political speak down pat. He doesn't actually say anything tangible. Identify the problem, surround himself with knowledgeable people, etc, etc.

    But my biggest fear with Cain is he is hiding his social conservative side for political expedience. He has said some things in the past that truly give me pause.
    I think Cain has said plenty that was tangible in interviews. In speeches, maybe not so much, but who does?
    What are the others like Romney and Pawlenty saying that is tangible? What did Obama EVER say that was tangible? He was voted in before we found out what his change meant and what he meant by fundamentally transforming America.
    Cain hiding his social conservative side? It's hanging out there for all to see. He is socially conservative. He's pro-life and anti-gay marriage.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #67
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Do you honestly think that Obama wants everyone to be poor and thinks the country that he is president of sucks?
    It doesn't matter if that's what he wants. His policies will cause that to happen.
    He doesn't think our country is exceptional. The closest he came to that was yes, it is exceptional but everyone think their country is exceptional.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #68
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    the most important thing, get government out of the way of the economy.

    But I'm more of a Gary Johnson guy this time around. Ron Paul has done a fantastic job of re-framing the debate, but he will always remain an education candidate first and foremost.
    Yes, getting government out of the way is exactly what we need to do. But just like everyone else, there is no specifics in that answer.
    I'd like to have a beer with Gary Johnson, if I was still a drinker. Cain has my vote though.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #69
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I think Cain has said plenty that was tangible in interviews. In speeches, maybe not so much, but who does?
    What are the others like Romney and Pawlenty saying that is tangible? What did Obama EVER say that was tangible? He was voted in before we found out what his change meant and what he meant by fundamentally transforming America.
    Cain hiding his social conservative side? It's hanging out there for all to see. He is socially conservative. He's pro-life and anti-gay marriage.
    I am only familiar with him from the last debate, and he offered nothing substantial to my ears.

    If his positions are just a 180 from progressives, where he wants a one size fits all federal policy to handle his views on social policy, then I'll look elsewhere. Social conservatives that embolden federal powers instead of reimplementing state powers scare me.

    Anyway, now is the time to keep an open mind, and I am trying to do that. It is human nature to get turned off my the people one is surrounded by. Ron Paul supporters never learned that fact.

  10. #70
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Will you vote for Herman Cain in the primary?

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Do you honestly think that Obama wants everyone to be poor and thinks the country that he is president of sucks?
    If Obama doesn't want everyone to be poor, he is not doing a good job of it, the unemployment still remains at 9%, as far as him thinking that our country is exceptional, I don't think so, he has said that our country is a mean country and apologized in Egypt.
    Do I want him again for 4 more years.... NO.
    Catch me if you can.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •