View Poll Results: Wil Sarah Palin Run For President Or Vice President?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, she will run for president.

    3 13.04%
  • Yes, she will run for vice president.

    1 4.35%
  • Neither

    15 65.22%
  • Please GOD NO!

    4 17.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Will Sarah Palin Run For President Or Get A Vice President Nomination?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    374

    Will Sarah Palin Run For President Or Get A Vice President Nomination?

    I dont know about you, but I dont want this ladies fingers on the buttons of of our Nuclear Weapons if it EVER came down to it.

    But anyways, I dont believe Sarah will run for president, or vice President. I think she as well as the Republican party understands it would be a very big blow to the Republican campaign Also, I am not sexist, I would vote for a women If I liked her, but many Americans are just the opposite of this...

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will Sarah Palin Run For President Or Get A Vice President Nomination?

    The doom she sealed for McCain means that no self respecting Republican will want her on their ballot...

    All in all, I don't think she wants to run, I Mean why would she? She's making ass loads of cash off Reality TV among various other things...

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    03-22-16 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    586
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Will Sarah Palin Run For President Or Get A Vice President Nomination?

    The GOP can't afford to have her on the ballot. Unlike the Dems, who can win an election just by getting out their registered voters (and some dead ones), the GOP has to pull votes from people who are not registered as Republicans. So, even if Palin does have some support among the Party higher-ups and rank and file, they can't let her run because their opinion doesn't matter, people who aren't Republican but are very wary of the Dems right now matter. Speaking for myself and no one else, there's no way in hell that the GOP will get my vote if Palin (or Romney) is on their ticket.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    374

    Re: Will Sarah Palin Run For President Or Get A Vice President Nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrehalf View Post
    The GOP can't afford to have her on the ballot. Unlike the Dems, who can win an election just by getting out their registered voters (and some dead ones), the GOP has to pull votes from people who are not registered as Republicans. So, even if Palin does have some support among the Party higher-ups and rank and file, they can't let her run because their opinion doesn't matter, people who aren't Republican but are very wary of the Dems right now matter. Speaking for myself and no one else, there's no way in hell that the GOP will get my vote if Palin (or Romney) is on their ticket.
    I dont think we will see many lifetime liberals going republican this next election. People need to understand the political system right now is setup in a way that is really difficult for a president to get things done. If congress is dominated by a rival party, any bill that a president tries to get passed will be denied, or veto'd. This in turn helps the republicans on their next election because it looks like President Obama is stupid, or un-caring when it comes to econmical issues, which is exactly the opposite, the man just cant get any congressional support. People should REALLY understand congress is who runs America, not the President, and right now congress is dominated by the Republican party, who in my opinion are the key problem from keeping the system working right now.

    For example... willing to shut down (almost all) of Americas Federal Government? Do you know how this makes us look across the world? Especially over any issue of planned parenthood, is just childish and very VERY sad in a way.
    Last edited by SypherAL; 05-06-11 at 09:17 AM.

  5. #5
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Will Sarah Palin Run For President Or Get A Vice President Nomination?

    If I were Palin, I wouldn't even run. She's in quite an ideal position right now. She has a lot of supporters who hang on her every word and she can easily sit back and criticize various government policies or actions and she barely has to lift a finger. It's much different when you are at the helm and actually have responsibility on your shoulders. Even if she were to run, I don't think she has a prayer. She's too divisive and controversial. Too many people can't stand her. Not to mention the fact that she quit her job as governor early. And while there may have been legitimate reasoning behind that, many people won't see that and will see her only as a quitter.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    03-22-16 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    586
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Will Sarah Palin Run For President Or Get A Vice President Nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by SypherAL View Post
    I dont think we will see many lifetime liberals going republican this next election. People need to understand the political system right now is setup in a way that is really difficult for a president to get things done. If congress is dominated by a rival party, any bill that a president tries to get passed will be denied, or veto'd. This in turn helps the republicans on their next election because it looks like President Obama is stupid, or un-caring when it comes to econmical issues, which is exactly the opposite, the man just cant get any congressional support. People should REALLY understand congress is who runs America, not the President, and right now congress is dominated by the Republican party.
    Technically, only the House is dominated by the Republican Party. And, Republican can mean a lot of things. I think a strong argument can be made that there are not a small number of Republicans who are ideologically indistinguishable from a lot of Democrats, and this , in my opinion, just shows that the GOP is not Conservative because it does have to pander to the unaffiliated, many of whom consider themselves to be at least somewhat Liberal. Liberal doesn't mean Progressive. Progressives will never vote GOP but some people who consider themselves Liberal do cast votes for the GOP every election cycle, they just do it with a bad taste in their mouth because they're voting the lesser of two evils.

  7. #7
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will Sarah Palin Run For President Or Get A Vice President Nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    If I were Palin, I wouldn't even run. She's in quite an ideal position right now. She has a lot of supporters who hang on her every word and she can easily sit back and criticize various government policies or actions and she barely has to lift a finger. It's much different when you are at the helm and actually have responsibility on your shoulders. Even if she were to run, I don't think she has a prayer. She's too divisive and controversial. Too many people can't stand her. Not to mention the fact that she quit her job as governor early. And while there may have been legitimate reasoning behind that, many people won't see that and will see her only as a quitter.
    while i would LOVE it if she ran, she won't. even she knows she's not capable. as far as her quitting her last job, what she showed was she can't handle adversity.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Will Sarah Palin Run For President Or Get A Vice President Nomination?

    I think it depends on how long term she is thinking. If she is thinking long term, she will run even though she cannot win, just to set up 2016. If she is not thinking long term, or feels she has no shot ever, then no.

    She will not be a VP candidate. None of the other candidates would stand to gain with her on the ticket.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #9
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Will Sarah Palin Run For President Or Get A Vice President Nomination?

    Run, Sarah,run!

    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  10. #10
    Advisor ADG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Purple Mountains Majesty
    Last Seen
    07-02-11 @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    399

    Re: Will Sarah Palin Run For President Or Get A Vice President Nomination?

    Please, oh please, give us a Trump/Palin ticket! Not because they wouldn't stand a chance against Obama, and not because they would be an entertaining running pair to watch (a car wreck every day or week), but because their version of crazy would out-crazy the other crazies and would give Democrats at all levels of government a boost in their elections.

    But, alas, this will not happen. Trump may run now just out of anger and spite due to the fact that he is such a clown now. But Palin, while not the brightest bulb, knows enough to know that her place is that of a talking head and pundit. She's a good speaker, as long as she has her notes written down on her hand, and can whip up the lunatic fringe as good as anyone. She will be used by candidates for that purpose, but she will not be a candidate herself...but I could be wrong and she could be stupid enough to run again. One can dream...
    "Action expresses priorities."
    ~Mohandas Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •