View Poll Results: Does Herman Cain get your vote for President in 2012?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 37.50%
  • No

    12 30.00%
  • I don't know

    11 27.50%
  • Who?

    2 5.00%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 156

Thread: Cain: 'American People Are Anxious for Solutions'

  1. #51
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,889

    Re: Cain: 'American People Are Anxious for Solutions'

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I didn't see the debate, but I wasn't impressed with his highest mark during the debate. He said something like "Government isn't the solution, it's the problem. The government has never created a job. The government needs to get out of the free market, and let businesses create jobs."

    Then he said something like... and the government shouldn't tell businesses where to build a factory.

    I have heard a lot of republicans say the stuff he said. If that's his highest moment in the debate, I am kind of shocked. He didn't say anything new or groundbreaking. That was nothing but talking points. I didn't hear a policy proposal or a solution to anything.

    I also disagree with him that company's should be allowed to build factories where ever they want, no, they shouldn't be allowed to build factories in some places. They shouldn't be allowed to build factories near nature reserves and natural parks, or in communities and destroy that community's natural resources with pollution.. Call me a hippie or whatever, I don't give a ****. But my sister is a lawyer and she's told me about companies polluting communities and giving the people cancer, and then playing stupid about the health risks they exposed innocent people and families to. That isn't right. Cain is probably an unlikely candidate to have that ever happen to him though, because when politicians pretend like they don't care about the safety of the others, they still care about themselves. I can't believe people clapped when he said that, what a bunch a suckers.
    How could someone get it so wrong?
    you completely mis-quoted and over-exaggerated the viewpoints

    he didnt say he wanted businesses to just build factories just anywhere! or did he say government never created a job. He also didnt say the government should get out of the free market, but said there is currently "too much government intervention" instead of just the right amount.

    Liberals are trying way to hard.. you think they would be better at argueing against Cain, but to his credit he just speaks the facts... hard to debate against the facts

  2. #52
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Cain: 'American People Are Anxious for Solutions'

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Nah.. but Cain could appoint her to a job in energy. I bet they'd work together real well. I'm still hoping West will give in and run or at least accept the VP. There's serious going ons to draft him. Who knows, stranger things have happened.
    Palin doesn't have any creditably for Energy Sectary. "Drill Baby Drill" isn't sustainable. You do know that right? All it does is prolong the inevitable, while depleting emergency reserves.

    Oh and Palin and Bachumann aren't real conservatives. Cain, maybe. But the only real conservative I've seen with a high profile is Ron Paul.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Cain: 'American People Are Anxious for Solutions'

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I also disagree with him that company's should be allowed to build factories where ever they want, no, they shouldn't be allowed to build factories in some places. They shouldn't be allowed to build factories near nature reserves and natural parks, or in communities and destroy that community's natural resources with pollution.
    Is THE ENTIRE STATE of South Carolina a "national park"?

    Then try to state a valid argument opposing Boing's plan to bring jobs to South Carolina.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Cain: 'American People Are Anxious for Solutions'

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yeah, Obama even before he was elected president, is more experienced then Cain. And just because one is a CEO of a business, does not mean they understand how the economy works.
    He's got much more than just CEO experience. I wish people would stop saying that.

    Herman Cain - Presidential Exploratory Committee

    He's even gone one on one with Bill Clinton and won. Some even credit him for destroying hillarycare.

    YouTube - Herman Cain vs. Bill Clinton.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Cain: 'American People Are Anxious for Solutions'

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Because I disagree with his views on the issues.
    That's what all those racist Republicans say about Obama...

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Cain: 'American People Are Anxious for Solutions'

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    He's got much more than just CEO experience. I wish people would stop saying that.
    Shoe, meet other foot.

  7. #57
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Cain: 'American People Are Anxious for Solutions'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    That's what all those racist Republicans say about Obama...
    No, they just ask to see his birth certificate. That issue was only fueled by racist sentiments. If Obama was white, it wouldn't have ever came up.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Cain: 'American People Are Anxious for Solutions'

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I know all about Cain, I used to listen to his radio show every week for years. I'm still not impressed.
    Well, I would hope not!
    I'd be worried if liberals liked him.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #59
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Cain: 'American People Are Anxious for Solutions'

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Real conservatives? Palin and Bachmann? LOL. Nope, they are both social conservative statist.
    Whatever it is, i like it.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #60
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Cain: 'American People Are Anxious for Solutions'

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Well, I would hope not!
    I'd be worried if liberals liked him.
    I liked him, whats my political affiliation. Should you be worried?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Whatever it is, i like it.
    Statist = government control. Social conservatice = the bible is the best policy. Statist Social conservative = fu*k your civil liberties. I assume both are anti-Union in the sense they think Unions shouldn't exist. Well, that would go against the founding fathers thinking.
    Last edited by xpiher; 05-07-11 at 12:51 AM.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •