View Poll Results: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    45 86.54%
  • No

    7 13.46%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 99

Thread: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

  1. #71
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    If you answered YES......

    Congratulations, you have the same intellect, guts, ability, and capability of our Community-Orgainzer-In-Chief...... Barack HusSame Obama.......who also answered YES, which thereby brought an end to his contribution and involvement in the planning, execution, and situation alltogether.

    If you believe a President with zero foreign policy experience and not a shred of military experience had anything more to do with Osama's killing than "Yes"........you would sorely be mistaken.

    Let us congratulate Obama on saying YES, albeit a nutless monkey could have also done that job.


    If you answered NO......

    You are not qualified to be Commander-In-Chief.......sorry.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    As Christian I say neither NO nor YES, but Obama made a good job!
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Do you understand how lame you look right now with this "all he did was say yes" mess?
    Tell me......

    .......and then tell me what you think a President with no foreign policy experience, and not a shred of military experience, did above and beyond "Yes, kill Osama".

    It was so strange to watch the extreme right wing waiting around for their talking points and what they should say.. Now that they have it? What a big fail. I mean this crap about all Obama did was say yes is just making em looking foolish
    Its not a talking point........its common sense.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  3. #73
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Osama as shark food works well with me.


  4. #74
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    So if the mission had failed, Obama would bear no blame for it?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    I assume you have some sort of proof to back this up? What recent president has actually taken a larger role in planning and executing military actions than approving (or not) plans that others have made for him to see.
    Do I really have to go to that extent to make this point?

    Good gawd........were talking about a Community-Organizer-In-Chief who thought that a Corpsman........



    ....was Corpse-Man.....a military super hero similar to Superman.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  6. #76
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Because you can’t “even imagine” does not mean it didn’t have an impact similar to 9/11 and that is why Disney and I are correct in stating it’s not important to you. You personalized, evaluated and judged the impact as less than 9/11, not us.
    I've personalized nothing. Indeed, instead, I've acknowledged on an individual level that it could be a more important instances for people...but when looking at the nation and the population as a whole that it isn't AS important/impactful as 9/11.

    Further, as you have posted, twice now, in great detail, the terrible physical destruction and far reaching effects of that day, you bolster my claim that bin Laden’s death is of national significance. The man who was most responsible for the horror of that day and ensuing changes in our American lives is dead. Though there was no video or pictures of his death, as the news hit our TV screens, we saw video and stills of towers coming down, the skeletal remains of the buildings, the first responders digging through smoking rubble and people holding signs with the names of their potentially dead loved ones. We were, as a nation, in that moment of terror and grief once again. I and mean, as a nation:
    Yes, it had a very very strong viewership. It also had 1/2 of the viewership of something like the Superbowl. So while yes, a lot of people watched his address, again I think you are grossly over exaggerating the magnitude.

    And no, people didn't watch those things. They may've relived them in their mind...but they also relived them with 10 years worth of time since seeing them happen live. I am not discounting the fact that it was a major event. It was. However, 9/11 was a generational event of monumental magnitude. Winning a $1 million dollar lottery is a huge windfal and prize. It makes $100 you win at a local raffle look like chump changed. However, it is magnitudes less than the national budget.

    The capture of Obama was like winning a million dollar lottery. 9/11 was our national debt.

    The nationally televised Sunday Night Baseball game was still on ESPN and as people in crowd got messages on their phones and it was announced, the ballpark broke out in chants of USA! USA!

    I cannot imagine that it didn’t have a great impact on us.
    Again, you're building a strawman. I'm not arguing that Bin Laden's capture didn't have a "great impact", I'm arguing that impact is nothing close to the impact 9/11 had on us. You seem to need to create this fake argument and apply it to me that I'm suggesting Bin Laden's impact is small compared to anything instead of what I'm actually arguing which is that its small when put up against the impact of 9/11 itself. I'd still say its a far bigger impact than many things, such as the capture of Saddam which I hardly think you'd believe me to say was of "no importance".

    This is a confusing statement. You know my point wasn’t about how liberals felt about Clinton, but then it is?
    Your point was how the "country came together", however you were very one sided on this, talking only about what liberals did. I was pointing out there was another side to that in 2001, and that was how republicans acted as well.

    My point was about how republicans felt about Clinton and Liberals felt about Bush, just like you're talking about how Liberals acted then towards Bush and how Republicans are acting towards Obama now.

    The crux of these statements is that liberals are to blame for conservative’s failure to set aside their anger at President Obama’s legitimate election to the office to stand with him as Americans. That seems very childish of them.
    No, the crux of these statements was to show that your one sided bashing of how conservatives are acting right now is nothing but partisanship, because both sides aren't acting like they did in 2001. Are liberals to blame for how conservativesare acting? Not at all. But its dishonest to complain only about the fact conservatives are acting different than 2001 and pissing and moaning about that while not saying a word to the fact liberals are doing the same thing.

    Neither side is acting the same way that the other side did during 9/11.

    My house is very sound as Speaker Boehner’s refusal to bring a resolution to the floor to commend the troops for getting bin Laden reinforces it:
    House Republicans say they have no plans to follow the Senate in passing a resolution honoring the military mission that killed Osama bin Laden.
    One side acting stupidly doesn't mean your house is sound. That's idiotic on the part of the Speaker and I'd be interested to see his reasoning behind it. There's absolutely no reason not to pass a quick and simple resolution like that. I know the whole "more important things then meaningless resolution" notion, but really this is one of those cases I think it'd be understandable.

    That is very petty especially when the house could have followed the example of the senate and congratulate Bush as well. It passed 97-0, so at least not all Republicans are willing to slight the military to avoid giving the president kudos and Democrats were fine with giving Bush the same. Were Nancy Pelosi were to try that, the screeching from the right that liberals hate the troops would be deafening.
    And you'd likely be sitting there defending Nancy's reasons and condemning the right for attacking the left, just like your one sided attacking of conservatives not acting the same as their counter part in 9/11, so excuse me if I think your indignation comes off hollow.

    Are there Republicans acting dumb during this? Yes. Are there liberals acting dumb during this? Yes. If a few people acting dumb indicates the entire side, is either side acting like the other did during 9/11? No.

    And you still didn't tell me the emotional, societal, econimcal, and practical impacts of Bin Laden's death on our lives like I did for 9/11. It shouldn't be hard to do since you suggest they're of equal importance and impact on the country.

  7. #77
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    If you answered YES......

    Congratulations, you have the same intellect, guts, ability, and capability of our Community-Orgainzer-In-Chief...... Barack HusSame Obama.......who also answered YES, which thereby brought an end to his contribution and involvement in the planning, execution, and situation alltogether.

    If you believe a President with zero foreign policy experience and not a shred of military experience had anything more to do with Osama's killing than "Yes"........you would sorely be mistaken.

    Let us congratulate Obama on saying YES, albeit a nutless monkey could have also done that job.


    If you answered NO......

    You are not qualified to be Commander-In-Chief.......sorry.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    I didn't want him to be specifically killed as I am not the revenge type, but I did want the threat he represented removed.

  8. #78
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    - Needed to check one piece of info and then work got busy, edit -

  9. #79
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Tell me......

    .......and then tell me what you think a President with no foreign policy experience, and not a shred of military experience, did above and beyond "Yes, kill Osama".



    Its not a talking point........its common sense.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Well lets first start with he/Obama did not give up on Bin Laden as Bush did. Can you admit this? If so we may be able to keep talking
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  10. #80
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Tell me......

    .......and then tell me what you think a President with no foreign policy experience, and not a shred of military experience, did above and beyond "Yes, kill Osama".



    Its not a talking point........its common sense.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Well if the leader's don't actually contribute to anything in an organization, I guess the business implications are astounding ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •