View Poll Results: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    45 86.54%
  • No

    7 13.46%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 99

Thread: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Only if his name was Bush.......or if he had a (R) after his name.......
    .
    .
    .
    .
    if bush had been the one to give the order, and they got him, Bush would have gotten credit, limbaugh, hannity, levin, coulter and every other minor league conservative pundit would have have tripped over their tongues and over each other to make sure bush got credit...this would have been used to support everything from both wars, to justify the 'waterboarding' or the 'enhanced interrogation techniques'...the right would have made bush out to be the second coming of christ, and would have lobbied to have his likeness put on mt. rushmore...

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,869

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The sad thing...digs....is that after 911....the left really stopped for a while and came together despite their differences with GWB. The right-wing is unable to do this.
    It truly shows how petty they are.
    Especially when only 10 months earlier, the election of 2000 had thoroughly embittered the left. We were able to move past that post 9/11 and said we are Americans first.

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,869

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    9/11 is much different from the death of osama. Regardless, shortler after many in the left started the truther movement and blamed Bush, not osama, for the 9/11 terror attacks.




    Obama still chose to continue on the mission though, it was more then saying "yes."
    Disneydude is right, the truthers are marginal group and include libertarians as well (I cite that some of them support Ron Paul). They are also smaller in number than birthers, and no major Democratic candidate embraced truthers in the manner we've seen this year's GOP do.

    I mention this, though it's a tad off topic, for the purpose of comparison and to demonstrate just how far beyond the mainstream truthers are.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

    And yes, god damn that evil right-wing who are clearly the only people making this political and attempting to divert credit away from individuals for political gains and to push their political agenda.

    Your feigned outrage is pathetic Disney and your words show how hollow it truly is. Are some on the right acting as dispciable as you? Absolutely. That's no more the definition of "The right wing" then you are of the left wing. It just shows there's ridiculous hyper partisans on both sides that don't give a damn about anything except for thier political agenda.
    Disneydude's point was that post 9/11, Bush enjoyed up to a 92% approval rating. A significant number of Democrats overlooked, for a long period of time, their anger over the 2000 election, to support GWB. Obama, got a 6 point bump, so far anyway. It cannot be said that Republicans are setting aside their partisanship in the same numbers and that's a shame.

    The mastermind/financier of 9/11 is dead on President Obama's order. Surely that is cause for all Americans to at least appreciate.

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Disneydude's point was that post 9/11, Bush enjoyed up to a 92% approval rating. A significant number of Democrats overlooked, for a long period of time, their anger over the 2000 election, to support GWB. Obama, got a 6 point bump, so far anyway. It cannot be said that Republicans are setting aside their partisanship in the same numbers and that's a shame.

    The mastermind/financier of 9/11 is dead on President Obama's order. Surely that is cause for all Americans to at least appreciate.
    First off....attempting to compare 9/11 to the death of Osama Bin Laden is a hollow comparison. The impact emotionally, economically, pyschologically, and societaly on this country was magnitudes large from 9/11 than in regards to the death of Osama Bin Laden. No, you're not going to have the exact same situation happen with the killing of a man 10 years after the fact responsible for the attacks as you had when 3,000+ people died, two massive buildings were demolished, the heart of our military attacked, our economy taking a dive, and all of it occuring live on television for people to see. To expect those two situations to have the same, or even largely similar, effects is highly questionable.

    Second off...you didn't have Conservatives coming out on 9/11 going "THIS IS ALL CLINTON'S FAULT!" or "Thank God we have Bush in office instead of Clinton to show what a REAL President will do" or "Thank you President Bush for restoring the HONOR of this country with your reaction to 9/11 compared to that guy who got a blowjob". Yes, Democrats AND Republicans banded together. BOTH of them. Neither were taking partisan shots by and large. That's not the case here. Yes, have some on the right been taking shots about how Obama doesn't deserve much credit, or trying to immedietely turn it into a torture discussion? Absolutely. On the flip side, you also have MSNBC taking shots at Bush on Day One alluding to "mission accomplished" and you have liberals all around, such as Disney, immedietely using it as a political tool to bash the Bush Administrations policies. So the lack of civility and "Coming together" that was present during 9/11, shown by the majority on BOTH sides of the aisle, isn't here right now...but at no fault to any individual side, as both sides are slinging it.

    Third...I absolutely agree its something to appreciate. And actually, I think if you'll look at most conservative media, most conservative posters here, and other such things you'll actually find that most DO give credit and are appreciative of what happened. The issue for people like Disney, is that if they dare suggest that Bush ALSO deserves credit somehow in his mind that translates to "Obama doesn't deserve credit", a notion that frankly blows my mind at the illogic of it. Are there people on the right acting idiotically at this? Absolutely, there's a poll going on up in the "polls" section right now that highlights such idiocy regarding this issue...but I do not think its as wide spread as Disney and now yourself make it out to be that Republicans are not giving Credit to Obama.

  5. #45
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Yes I wanted Bin Laden Killed. I can think of several reasons why-


    1.No media circus.

    2.No scumbags arguing if his rights were violated.

    3.No arguments on whether or not to try him in a military or civilian court.

    4.No arguments on who should have custody.

    5.No pieces of **** lawyers trying to sue on his behalf.

    6.No pieces of **** arguing that we should not give him the death penalty because that would make him a martyr or because they are pussy who believes the death penalty is wrong for obviously guilty people.

    7.No rats in the media trying to get interviews with Bin Laden.

    8.The most important reasons is that I do not doubt his guilt in all the **** he has done.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #46
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Best thing for the country is him taken out...nothing good could come from his capture and subsequent circus performances. That would have riled up the terrorists more seeing him on tv regularly and our Left insisting he gets every right afforded to every american etc. Dead is much better

  7. #47
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    If you answered YES......

    Congratulations, you have the same intellect, guts, ability, and capability of our Community-Orgainzer-In-Chief...... Barack HusSame Obama.......who also answered YES, which thereby brought an end to his contribution and involvement in the planning, execution, and situation alltogether.

    If you believe a President with zero foreign policy experience and not a shred of military experience had anything more to do with Osama's killing than "Yes"........you would sorely be mistaken.

    Let us congratulate Obama on saying YES, albeit a nutless monkey could have also done that job.
    Let's be intellectually honest here for a second (I know it's difficult for you). How much contribution does any president have in the planning and execution of most military actions? That's pretty much all a commander-in-chief does, is say yes or no to plans that other people bring to him. He doesn't exactly have the time to plan all that stuff out himself.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Let's be intellectually honest here for a second (I know it's difficult for you). How much contribution does any president have in the planning and execution of most military actions?
    Depends on the President's military experience.........

    .....if that experience is only as extensive as the Streets of ****cago........then it would be the same amount contributed by a nutless monkey.

    That's pretty much all a commander-in-chief does, is say yes or no to plans that other people bring to him. He doesn't exactly have the time to plan all that stuff out himself.
    ......clearly not when he is too busy with NCAA brackets, the Oprah show, and setting the record for Presidential Golf Outings.

    Now watch this drive......
    .
    .
    .

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,869

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    First off....attempting to compare 9/11 to the death of Osama Bin Laden is a hollow comparison. The impact emotionally, economically, pyschologically, and societaly on this country was magnitudes large from 9/11 than in regards to the death of Osama Bin Laden. No, you're not going to have the exact same situation happen with the killing of a man 10 years after the fact responsible for the attacks as you had when 3,000+ people died, two massive buildings were demolished, the heart of our military attacked, our economy taking a dive, and all of it occuring live on television for people to see. To expect those two situations to have the same, or even largely similar, effects is highly questionable.

    I beg to differ. There were spontaneous celebrations in the streets of DC, NY and elsewhere. Clearly, bin Laden’s death meant enough for people to leave their homes and go to cheer until the wee hours of the morning on a Sunday night. Because it didn’t mean as much to you, doesn’t mean it didn’t to everyone. I think you underestimate the impact of it and I stand by my comment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Second off...you didn't have Conservatives coming out on 9/11 going "THIS IS ALL CLINTON'S FAULT!" or "Thank God we have Bush in office instead of Clinton to show what a REAL President will do" or "Thank you President Bush for restoring the HONOR of this country with your reaction to 9/11 compared to that guy who got a blowjob". Yes, Democrats AND Republicans banded together. BOTH of them. Neither were taking partisan shots by and large. That's not the case here. Yes, have some on the right been taking shots about how Obama doesn't deserve much credit, or trying to immedietely turn it into a torture discussion? Absolutely. On the flip side, you also have MSNBC taking shots at Bush on Day One alluding to "mission accomplished" and you have liberals all around, such as Disney, immedietely using it as a political tool to bash the Bush Administrations policies. So the lack of civility and "Coming together" that was present during 9/11, shown by the majority on BOTH sides of the aisle, isn't here right now...but at no fault to any individual side, as both sides are slinging it.

    Third...I absolutely agree its something to appreciate. And actually, I think if you'll look at most conservative media, most conservative posters here, and other such things you'll actually find that most DO give credit and are appreciative of what happened. The issue for people like Disney, is that if they dare suggest that Bush ALSO deserves credit somehow in his mind that translates to "Obama doesn't deserve credit", a notion that frankly blows my mind at the illogic of it. Are there people on the right acting idiotically at this? Absolutely, there's a poll going on up in the "polls" section right now that highlights such idiocy regarding this issue...but I do not think its as wide spread as Disney and now yourself make it out to be that Republicans are not giving Credit to Obama.
    It’s not how liberals felt about Clinton. That was not my point. It’s how they felt about Bush. They were scorched after the 2000 election. They felt, and rightly so it was proved, that stopping the recount in Florida kept Gore from winning the state and that the Supreme Court acted improperly to install Bush as president. It’s still a sore subject to this day, but on 9/11, and the aftermath, it didn’t matter. We were attacked as a nation. We stood as a nation, regardless of how we felt about the election of 2000.

    The same point can be made in reverse over this issue. Conservatives are still fuming over Obama winning the election of 2008. Since the day after his election, they haven’t given him an inch and they won’t now.
    Reread your first paragraph I quoted above. Read that description of the devastation of 9/11. The mastermind/financier of that is dead, brought to justice and conservatives cannot set aside 2008. The Gallup daily poll gave the president a 6% bump over the last 3 days for a total rate of 52%. That’s representative of the voters who elected him. Even if I GWB’s rating went straight to 86% in the first week. So though you say most conservative media and posters give him credit, it doesn’t show in the polls.

    Maybe the bump will increase next week? But for now, again, I stand by my post.

  10. #50
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Did you want Osama Bin Laden killed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Depends on the President's military experience.........
    I assume you have some sort of proof to back this up? What recent president has actually taken a larger role in planning and executing military actions than approving (or not) plans that others have made for him to see.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •