View Poll Results: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    25 86.21%
  • No

    4 13.79%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78

Thread: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I think the biggest difference is in the derogatory nature of the use of words. I also believe that there are reasons why whites get offended...one being that there ARE a lot of white folks that dont fit the stereotypical silver spoon white person...that has led a ****ed up life by anyones standards, and resents being placed in the same category as other whites. Its easy to tell that person "yeah...but you still have it better than most black folks"...but thats not going to be all that well recieved.
    You could try knocking that chip off your shoulder, you know? No matter how much it sucks to grow up poor, at least you aren't black. You could be poor and black, which would suck a whole lot more, no matter how many types of wiggly jiggly denial y'all try to get up into.

  2. #52
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You could try knocking that chip off your shoulder, you know? No matter how much it sucks to grow up poor, at least you aren't black. You could be poor and black, which would suck a whole lot more, no matter how many types of wiggly jiggly denial y'all try to get up into.
    Why does being poor and black suck more than being poor and white?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Why does being poor and black suck more than being poor and white?
    racism and minority.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-09-11 @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    156

    Re: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

    Freedom of speech.

  5. #55
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    racism and minority.
    Whos racism.....and being a minority hasn't impacted me in the least...at least not negatively.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Whos racism.....and being a minority hasn't impacted me in the least...at least not negatively.
    racism directed at minorities is more influential than racism directed the majority, that's why i included minority. who's racism? the racism of people who are racist.

  7. #57
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    racism directed at minorities is more influential than racism directed the majority, that's why i included minority. who's racism? the racism of people who are racist.
    I would think that is directed at anyone...hell, it's even directed at ones own race. Middle class white people use the term Trailer park trash far more often than any black person I know.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I would think that is directed at anyone...hell, it's even directed at ones own race. Middle class white people use the term Trailer park trash far more often than any black person I know.
    Right. But let's say your poor and want a job. Better to be black or white? White.

    Their objective was to measure racial discrimination in the labor market. They assigned either an African American sounding name or a white sounding name to each resume in order to manipulate perception of race. The results of the experiment showed that white names received 50 percent more callbacks for interviews, an indication of significant racial discrimination in the labor market. The results of the experiment also showed that a higher quality resume for whites gets 30 percent more callbacks while on the contrary a higher quality resume for African Americans gets far fewer callbacks. Their results showed that racial discrimination was uniform and prominent across occupations and industries in the labor market.
    Black names and racism in the hiring process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  9. #59
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,513

    Re: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

    I am a little disturbed that these polls suggest that people are more accepting of white comedians bashing black people, but not black comedians bashing whites.

    FTR... I voted the same way in both polls. It's ok. It's comedy.

    Some white people aren't comfortable with hearing racial jokes.... You guys suck and need to get over it. If you're cool with white comedians bashing black people, then you should be fine with black comedians cracking a joke about your race.

  10. #60
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is it OK for Whites to Bash Blacks for Comedy Purposes?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I am a little disturbed that these polls suggest that people are more accepting of white comedians bashing black people, but not black comedians bashing whites.

    FTR... I voted the same way in both polls. It's ok. It's comedy.

    Some white people aren't comfortable with hearing racial jokes.... You guys suck and need to get over it. If you're cool with white comedians bashing black people, then you should be fine with black comedians cracking a joke about your race.
    Private poll results - It's more likely that different people voted in different polls.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •