View Poll Results: Is Israel A Good Ally?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 51.85%
  • No

    9 33.33%
  • Other (Explain)

    4 14.81%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 126

Thread: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    I want to know if DP thinks Israel is a good ally to the United States. These are the conditions for "good":

    1. Security - Does our alliance with Israel help or hurt our security? If it does both, does the help outweigh the hurt?

    2. Loyalty - Does Israel ever intentionally act against U.S. interests? If so, do the benefits of our alliance outweigh the consequences of those actions?

    3. Cost - Do the benefits of our alliance outweigh the costs, financial and political, of this alliance?

    Make a case for keeping or ending our alliance with Israel. I tend to fall somewhere in the middle with a lean towards "ending".
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 05-01-11 at 04:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    06-15-11 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    172

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I want to know if DP thinks Israel is a good ally to the United States. These are the conditions for "good":

    1. Security - Does our alliance with Israel help or hurt our security? If it does both, does the help outweigh the hurt?

    2. Loyalty - Does Israel ever intentionally act against U.S. interests? If so, do the benefits of our alliance outweigh the consequences of those actions?

    3. Cost - Do the benefits of our alliance outweigh the costs, financial and political, of this alliance?


    Make a case for keeping or ending our alliance with Israel. I tend to fall somewhere in the middle with a lean towards "ending".
    We have been supposedly attacked by Al Qaeda and others and are hated throughout the world for our support of the terrorist state of Israel so #1 is not it does help us.

    Israel has attacked U.S Warships in international waters and tried to claim it was an accident yet they were flying the U.S Flag prominently. They have murdered u.s citizens. So #2 is not they are not loyal

    They cost us more in aid than we send to the entire continent of Africa per year so yeah its costing us a lot.

  3. #3
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Not only USA, but also the entirely Western World must help Israel.

    Reasons:

    1. If Israel ceases out to exist all churches will be transformed to Mosques.
    2. Israel is a bastion against Islamization.
    3. Israel possess excellent know-how in fight against Islamic terrorism.
    4. Israel is only Democracy in the Middle East.
    5. Israel has many good technologies.
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  4. #4
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I want to know if DP thinks Israel is a good ally to the United States. These are the conditions for "good":

    1. Security - Does our alliance with Israel help or hurt our security? If it does both, does the help outweigh the hurt?

    2. Loyalty - Does Israel ever intentionally act against U.S. interests? If so, do the benefits of our alliance outweigh the consequences of those actions?

    3. Cost - Do the benefits of our alliance outweigh the costs, financial and political, of this alliance?

    Make a case for keeping or ending our alliance with Israel. I tend to fall somewhere in the middle with a lean towards "ending".
    You no more fall in the middle than GOB does. Believe what you want but, at least, be honest about it.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  5. #5
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleBoy View Post
    We have been supposedly attacked by Al Qaeda and others and are hated throughout the world for our support of the terrorist state of Israel so #1 is not it does help us.
    We've "supposedly" been attacked by Al Quada? You don't believe that we were?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You no more fall in the middle than GOB does. Believe what you want but, at least, be honest about it.
    Please state my position for me.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    06-15-11 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    172

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    Not only USA, but also the entirely Western World must help Israel.

    Reasons:

    1. If Israel ceases out to exist all churches will be transformed to Mosques.
    2. Israel is a bastion against Islamization.
    3. Israel possess excellent know-how in fight against Islamic terrorism.
    4. Israel is only Democracy in the Middle East.
    5. Israel has many good technologies.
    ROFL. I must have forgot that it was Israel that stopped the muslims from taking over Europe during the crusades. Israel is a terrorist state that stole the land its country is built on and continues to murder and enslave the palestinian people to this day. No matter who condemns them they throw the anti semitism card out bc its useful to them still. The only reason Israel has good technologies is because my tax dollars pay for it in the form of aid sent to them from the U.S.They would not have to worry about Islamic freedom fighters if they had not terrorized palestine in the 40's to make the state of Israel.Israel is the perfect example of an apartheid state.

  8. #8
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Please state my position for me.
    You don't think we should support Israel so much and blame it on the "Israel Lobby" that we do. That about cover it?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    06-15-11 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    172

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    We've "supposedly" been attacked by Al Quada? You don't believe that we were?

    We may have been but I don't believe they attacked us on 9/11.They attack us for supporting Israel and its genocidal policies against the rest of the middle east.The u.s deserves what it gets its sad to see our soldiers dying for Israel's wars. We are Israel's bitch.Plain and simple.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You don't think we should support Israel so much and blame it on the "Israel Lobby" that we do. That about cover it?
    No - that's a gross simplification.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •