View Poll Results: Is Israel A Good Ally?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 51.85%
  • No

    9 33.33%
  • Other (Explain)

    4 14.81%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 126

Thread: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    06-15-11 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    172

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Hamas hides weapons in Mosques and civilian homes, they use human shields and cause civilian deaths. Israel made phone calls, dropped fliers, and gave ample warnings to civilians before they preformed defensive military strikes. Hamas kills civilians that disagree with them, and if they were elected by a majority then it is truly a sad thing to see so many Gazan's who support terrorism and want to be led by a terrorist group. Sure Israel has made mistakes, but it's ludicrous to say that Israel murders innocent people and that they are some how a terrorist nation that wants to kill Palestinians. Hamas purposefully targets civilians. They fire rockets at homes, schools, and civilian areas. They goal is to kill Israelis, calling them freedom fighters is not accurate. I'm sure the international community doesn't support firing rockets into homes and schools. So Israel=evil terrorist nation and Gaza=freedom loving peaceful nation of oppressed freedom fighters?
    Oh so now you are admitting to the truth that they destroy homes...good to know the truth can be changed so easily for you.

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    No, you haven't said that, you've merely suggested it in a way that has left no room for misinterpretation.
    "What else can the Palestinians do"? Is that not a rethoric question? If it is, you have my pardon for being misunderstood, although it is very confusing as to why would you be asking a rethorical question in such manner.
    No. I actually wanted the person to answer the question. My position on Palestinian and Israeli violence is that they are both irresponsible with their use of force and that when either side blames violence solely on one or the other side, they're not acknowledging the role each has in perpetuating the violence.

    If not, then clearly you are asking it sincerely, you actually do not know or believe the Palestinians to have any other option but to murder innocent Jewish civilians, and thus the interpretation I've made earlier is the only one that can be made. You leave no room for any other interpretations.
    Both Israel and Palestine murder innocent civilians. I personally think a lot of the one-sided anger Americans have with Palestinian terrorism comes from their sympathies with Israel. Like I said, both are irresponsible with the use of force and both kill civilians. Palestine may target civilians more, but Israel is overzealous with its use of force and has killed a lot of innocents, including children, as a result.

    And here you suggest that numbers are a decisive factor in deciding on intent. No, they are not, there are thousand of other factors to be taken into mind except of numbers. At the end of the day it falls down to the fact that Palestinian terrorists actually target civilians while Israeli forces do not and have no intention to, and indeed, actually try and minimize the casualties amongst civilians.

    After all one could just as well say that because there were way less civilian casualties of the war on terrorism on the Western side than there was on the Islamic side it means that the Western forces are the ones to be targeting civilians and not the Islamic terrorist organizations. That as you can see would clearly not be the case, just as the suggestion you're making with those figures is far from being the case concerning Israeli forces' intentions.
    Of course numbers are not the end all be all, but I also think your faith in how Israel tries not to target civilians is a bit misguided. I don't think Israel wants to just kill innocent people, but I think they see a strategic value in targeting civilians along with militants. I also think that Israel could decrease civilians' sympathy with terrorist organizations (and in turn, their power) by appearing more serious about coming up with a solution to the current conflict.

  3. #63
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?GoodOleBoy is now thread banned. Any further posts in this thread by him will result in a 5 point infraction per post.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    06-15-11 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    172

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I counted seven wrong statements in that passage, want me to point them out?
    Well seeing how you think Israel does no wrong why do I even care what you say? Go ahead point it out because believe me I can refute it all and bring facts all you bring is words and then bash my evidence as propaganda. You can't even hold a real debate.

  5. #65
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleBoy View Post
    Pathetic scum like u need wiped from the earth. Those are actual news reports boy. Not propaganda but of course your hatred for anyone other than jews is quite obvious.
    He's not the scum here, GOB. Why'd you say that? Because he's from Israel?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    06-15-11 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    172

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Oh no, that means you can't stay here now. Too bad.
    Like I care? Plenty of other forums with people like you to prove wrong.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    06-15-11 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    172

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    He's not the scum here, GOB. Why'd you say that? Because he's from Israel?
    I said it because he is scum. I said it also because he wants to claims news reports from people actually in palestine are propaganda he is brainwashed beyond help.

  8. #68
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?Please do not report posts prior to this point. They have been reviewed and I know some reports are coming.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    06-15-11 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    172

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Go **** yourself mod. Go ahead ban me from this **** hole I won't be returning I got better forums to be on...to many brainwashed lemmings here no helping them. So **** you. Maybe that will get me banned...

  10. #70
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Is Israel a Good Ally to the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleBoy View Post
    I want to see and will see Israel the country wiped off the map. I guess to you its ok for the palestinians to be murdered in a holocaust but when it comes to jews its a world travesty. I could care less what happens once Palestine gets their country back I see it as payback for the Jews holocaust against the palestinians the past 70 years.
    Won't happen in your pathetic lifetime, so don't hold your breath.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •