View Poll Results: Are gay people "abnormal"?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.98%
  • No

    63 67.02%
Page 77 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1134

Thread: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

  1. #761
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    No. I definitely think I'm morally superior in regards to this particular issue.
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I find it a little humerous that you find it ok to inject morality, so long as it's yours, though.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #762
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I find it a little humerous that you find it ok to inject morality, so long as it's yours, though.
    No - it's a fact that you act like the world revolves around. How I feel about my morality is, in fact, opinion though. (I've never disagreed with that.)

    Moreover, I'm not "injecting" my personal morality. If I did, I would try to restrict how you live your private life. YOU are the one trying to restrict how other people live - that's injecting morality.

  3. #763
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    No - it's a fact that you act like the world revolves around. How I feel about my morality is, in fact, opinion though. (I've never disagreed with that.)
    Because I have an opinion, or because I disagree with yours?

    Moreover, I'm not "injecting" my personal morality. If I did, I would try to restrict how you live your private life. YOU are the one trying to restrict how other people live - that's injecting morality.
    Public, private....makes no difference...you are indeed telling me how you think I should live.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #764
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Because I have an opinion, or because I disagree with yours?
    No because you think your sexuality is the only unchosen sexuality.

    Public, private....makes no difference...you are indeed telling me how you think I should live.
    I definitely am. I'm just not making laws that force you to do so.

  5. #765
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    I think shame is instinctual. It can be overcome, but is still instinctual when first felt, not imposed from the outside.
    Children are without shame. We teach it.

  6. #766
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 11:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    136

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Is it normal ?.... No . Is it natural?? ..... yes

    Confusing I know

    MHO is most people are bi to one degree or another.

  7. #767
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    No because you think your sexuality is the only unchosen sexuality.
    That doesn't mean I think the world revolves around me, I do not.


    I definitely am. I'm just not making laws that force you to do so.
    Nor am I. Is this congress? Did I miss a memo?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #768
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    That doesn't mean I think the world revolves around me, I do not.
    Right.

    Nor am I. Is this congress? Did I miss a memo?
    Correction. Supporting laws that for you to do so.

  9. #769
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I can be entertained by both
    So you argue that you choose what does and does not entertain you? Something which absolutely bores you, you can choose to find it entertaining?

    Why am starting to think that you are lying because it is inconvenient to your worldview that some things are outside your ability to choose?

    Do you choose what foods you find repulsive and which ones you find delectable? If so, then why not choose to find the healthiest foods delectable and unhealthy foods like ice cream and cake to be repulsive?
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 05-06-11 at 06:47 PM.

  10. #770
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Do you consider homosexuality "compulsive" behavior?
    Isn't all sexual behavior "compulsive"? How would you define "compulsive" so that it would relate to homosexuality and not to heterosexuality?

Page 77 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •