View Poll Results: Are gay people "abnormal"?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.98%
  • No

    63 67.02%
Page 65 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 1134

Thread: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

  1. #641
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Because I evaluated writing styles and made a conscious decision on that which I liked, and that which I did not like.
    Okay, I can see you're going to dance around this.

    We know that we like things because they make us feel pleasure. We do not choose to have that feeling. The reason you like author X is because the writing style of author X makes you feel pleasure. You didn't choose to feel that pleasure, just like gay people don't choose to feel pleasure looking at attractive members of the same sex.

  2. #642
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Okay, I can see you're going to dance around this.

    We know that we like things because they make us feel pleasure. We do not choose to have that feeling. The reason you like author X is because the writing style of author X makes you feel pleasure. You didn't choose to feel that pleasure, just like gay people don't choose to feel pleasure looking at attractive members of the same sex.
    Bull****.....do some people like asparagus because they have no control over their tastes or because they made a decision that they like it? We all have the same tastebuds afterall. You sell the human brain short when you say we have no control over our likes and dislikes. I suppose you would relegate us all to the status of chimps or gorillas.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #643
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Perhaps I would agree, but what of those that disagree with homosexuality without need of "disliking" gays?
    I don't equate disliking with fear. The fear is in the difference, in the unknown... it can stem from religion or prejudice or anything else, and I would say that most of these people, like most people in general, are not aware of the fear and just pass it off with justification arguments about normal or choice or religion or whatever. It does not make these people bad at all either, unless they are being rude or hurting others, obviously...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #644
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Bull****.....do some people like asparagus because they have no control over their tastes or because they made a decision that they like it? We all have the same tastebuds afterall. You sell the human brain short when you say we have no control over our likes and dislikes. I suppose you would relegate us all to the status of chimps or gorillas.
    It seems like you dislike my comment. Did you chose to dislike my comment or did you just feel displeasure upon reading it?

  5. #645
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Bull****.....do some people like asparagus because they have no control over their tastes or because they made a decision that they like it? We all have the same tastebuds afterall. You sell the human brain short when you say we have no control over our likes and dislikes. I suppose you would relegate us all to the status of chimps or gorillas.
    [quizzical look] We like what we like, no conscious decision involved. I know you have children. You've never seen them be physically ill because they were forced to eat something they couldn't stomach?

  6. #646
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    I wish I'd known it was this easy. I could just say "Right, then! Honey, this is liver. You'll like liver. You just need to believe you like liver, and you will."

    Does this also mean the "Think and grow rich" mentality works just the same?

  7. #647
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    So you have control over these....preferences?
    Controlling our preferences does not mean that we still don't have said preferences...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #648
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Bull****.....do some people like asparagus because they have no control over their tastes or because they made a decision that they like it? We all have the same tastebuds afterall. You sell the human brain short when you say we have no control over our likes and dislikes. I suppose you would relegate us all to the status of chimps or gorillas.
    Wait, so you are saying that all I have to do is "choose" to like passion fruit and I will like it? I won't scrunch my face up in some disgusted sour face if I only "choose" to like it? Since we all have the same taste buds, I have "chosen" to not like passion fruit some time in my past and have simply forgotten this "choice"? Seriously?

    I think that you give way too much power to the idea of choice. Are yo usaying that you chose to be heterosexual, forgive me if I missed this mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #649
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't typically perform a technical diagnostic of my 'definitions' before hand. I take the question, give my answer, and then look back on why I gave that answer.

    I would say that 'abnormal' to me is anything which stands out or catches the eye. In general, 2 people of the same sex kissing catches attention, just as I take notice every single time I encounter a southpaw.

    I can't say I'm using a given set of parameters, it's more of a gut reaction then a well thought out technical dissertation.
    You know what is odd? I have been around gay people since I was 7ish, and I have not actually seen gay couples kiss all that often, probably alot less than I have seen strait couples kiss(per couple, not overall). I know a couple gays who are kinda in your face, but they seem very rare. Most gay people I have known you would not know without them telling you or being friends with them.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #650
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    It seems like you dislike my comment. Did you chose to dislike my comment or did you just feel displeasure upon reading it?
    I don't dislike it, I disagree with it. Hence the bull**** flag.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 65 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •