View Poll Results: Are gay people "abnormal"?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.98%
  • No

    63 67.02%
Page 17 of 114 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1134

Thread: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

  1. #161
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The problem with homosexuality and genetics is that we don't really have a protein explanation for homosexuality (nor do we have one for homosexuality). It may be due to sex hormone, but I'm not aware of any studies that look at androgens in lesbians or estrogens/progesterone in gay males. I am not dismissing a biological factor, however there is no evidence either way genetically speaking (although we should also consider epigenetics).
    It's been conclusively demonstrated that homosexuality is not the product of abnormal hormone levels in adults.

  2. #162
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    Whats false about it?
    Everything you posted around the word "perfection".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #163
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,901

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Everything you posted around the word "perfection".
    It was a way of describing it. If someone is Schizophrenic (sp?) it's abnormal, having a third eye is abnormal, having hypothyroidism is abnormal, Having hair in-between the crack of your toes is abnormal, having purple colored eyes is abnormal, having an irregular heartbeat is abnormal, being born a homosexual is ABNORMAL.
    Just because its abnormal doesn't mean its bad, it's just, abnormal.
    You think we are supposed to have a irregular heartbeat? Are we supposed to be born without an arm? with extra non-symmetrical cartilage? NO, these, just like homosexuality, was a flaw in development. You can't argue we are supposed to have homosexuals, we are suppose to have homosexuals just as much as we are suppose to been born with spina bifida, our species would die if this was a normal feature of our body make-up.
    Again... most of us has something our genetic blueprint did not really call for, but through development got mess up on the way.

    The "perfection" thing was meant to explain that homosexuality does not contribute to the survival of our species directly in of itself... but obviously its a side affect of something that does work for evolution, like our sex drive.
    Last edited by celticwar17; 04-29-11 at 11:35 PM.

  4. #164
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by as if View Post
    You say you do not want to bring it up, yet had to post that is was in another thread. Promoting? Advertising?

    You deny nature and insist on definitions in lack of a defense.

    Feel free as I noted in the other thread to you and others to do your own footwork. Unless you insist I do post links for definitions from now on.

    Your insistance that I start a thread is indicitive of a dictorial nature.

    https://litigation-essentials.lexisn...a0228a88818f54

    Your lack of knowledge is a disservice to you. Your insistance to stay that way, as evidenced by your post and insistance of "made up words," is an outright choice to remain ignorant of FACTS. The other word you and others insisted I could not use.

    Astonishing
    What is dictorial?
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  5. #165
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    The question was, 'Are gay people abnormal?". It was not, 'is homesexuality abnormal?".

    .
    Perhaps the first time in history that I have agreed with you. You nailed the difference.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #166
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    The question is, what people, country, imperial, civilization etc. in the last 5771 years considered Homosexuality as normal and has not vanished?
    No, actually that is not the question at all. If you cannot answer the actual question, do not alter the question to suit your purposes.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #167
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by as if View Post
    You say you do not want to bring it up, yet had to post that is was in another thread. Promoting? Advertising?

    You deny nature and insist on definitions in lack of a defense.

    Feel free as I noted in the other thread to you and others to do your own footwork. Unless you insist I do post links for definitions from now on.

    Your insistance that I start a thread is indicitive of a dictorial nature.

    https://litigation-essentials.lexisn...a0228a88818f54

    Your lack of knowledge is a disservice to you. Your insistance to stay that way, as evidenced by your post and insistance of "made up words," is an outright choice to remain ignorant of FACTS. The other word you and others insisted I could not use.

    Astonishing
    Are you ever going to post any of your so called facts or are you just going to strut?

  8. #168
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Are you ever going to post any of your so called facts or are you just going to strut?
    global facts don't exist

    unnatural rights pertain to intellectual property, not homosexuality

    I have no idea what as if is ranting about at this point.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  9. #169
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Yes, asking a controversial question about a controversial subject is just asking for trouble.
    This Debate Politics, not Debate Basketweaving.

    Discussing controversial topics is quite all right. If trouble ensues... I'm usually around.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #170
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    global facts don't exist

    unnatural rights pertain to intellectual property, not homosexuality

    I have no idea what as if is ranting about at this point.
    He is foundationalist, but he doesn't know anything about epistemology, so he is struggling to find the words to describe his beliefs.

Page 17 of 114 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •