View Poll Results: Are gay people "abnormal"?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.98%
  • No

    63 67.02%
Page 16 of 114 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1134

Thread: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

  1. #151
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by as if View Post
    What word was made up?
    Unnatural rights, global facts. But I don't wish to bring that thread up in this thread anymore. Start a thread about those words if you want to discuss them.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #152
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    The problem with homosexuality and genetics is that we don't really have a protein explanation for homosexuality (nor do we have one for homosexuality). It may be due to sex hormone, but I'm not aware of any studies that look at androgens in lesbians or estrogens/progesterone in gay males. I am not dismissing a biological factor, however there is no evidence either way genetically speaking (although we should also consider epigenetics).
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #153
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The problem with homosexuality and genetics is that we don't really have a protein explanation for homosexuality (nor do we have one for homosexuality). It may be due to sex hormone, but I'm not aware of any studies that look at androgens in lesbians or estrogens/progesterone in gay males. I am not dismissing a biological factor, however there is no evidence either way genetically speaking (although we should also consider epigenetics).
    This is why we just need to study sexuality, and not focus on hetero, homo, so much. To understand them, we must understand how we develop them.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #154
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    For how you define the word "abnormal", do you consider gays to be "abnormal"?
    considering that gays make up less than 10% of the population, then technically I'd have to say that gays are "abnormal". But then again, so are left-handed people
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #155
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    This is why we just need to study sexuality, and not focus on hetero, homo, so much. To understand them, we must understand how we develop them.
    I agree. Regardless of the results individuals deserve respect and equality regardless of sexuality or how it may come about.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #156
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-02-11 @ 04:57 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    332

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Unnatural rights, global facts. But I don't wish to bring that thread up in this thread anymore. Start a thread about those words if you want to discuss them.
    You say you do not want to bring it up, yet had to post that is was in another thread. Promoting? Advertising?

    You deny nature and insist on definitions in lack of a defense.

    Feel free as I noted in the other thread to you and others to do your own footwork. Unless you insist I do post links for definitions from now on.

    Your insistance that I start a thread is indicitive of a dictorial nature.

    https://litigation-essentials.lexisn...a0228a88818f54

    Your lack of knowledge is a disservice to you. Your insistance to stay that way, as evidenced by your post and insistance of "made up words," is an outright choice to remain ignorant of FACTS. The other word you and others insisted I could not use.

    Astonishing
    Last edited by as if; 04-29-11 at 10:11 PM.

  7. #157
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The problem with homosexuality and genetics is that we don't really have a protein explanation for homosexuality (nor do we have one for homosexuality). It may be due to sex hormone, but I'm not aware of any studies that look at androgens in lesbians or estrogens/progesterone in gay males. I am not dismissing a biological factor, however there is no evidence either way genetically speaking (although we should also consider epigenetics).
    Genetics can have drastic effects on behavior. Let's look at the fosB gene in mice. http://student.biology.arizona.edu/h...up3/Page2.html

    The article is fascinating reading, and note that the fosB gene is found in humans.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #158
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by as if View Post
    You say you do not want to bring it up, yet had to post that is was in another thread. Promoting? Advertising?

    You deny nature and insist on definitions in lack of a defense.

    Feel free as I noted in the other thread to you and others to do your own footwork. Unless you insist I do post links for definitions from now on.

    Your insistance that I start a thread is indicitive of a dictorial nature.

    https://litigation-essentials.lexisn...a0228a88818f54

    Your lack of knowledge is a disservice to you. Your insistance to stay that way, as evidenced by your post and insistance of "made up words," is an outright choice to remain ignorant of FACTS. The other word you and others insisted I could not use.

    Astonishing
    Moderator's Warning:
    Are Gay People "Abnormal"?This is not the place for this discussion, and personal attacks of other members are not allowed on this forum except in the basement.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #159
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,877

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is absolutely false.
    Whats false about it?

  10. #160
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Genetics can have drastic effects on behavior. Let's look at the fosB gene in mice. http://student.biology.arizona.edu/h...up3/Page2.html

    The article is fascinating reading, and note that the fosB gene is found in humans.
    Interesting, I'll look into primary research articles on it. Thanks for sharing that. It would be interesting to see if the protein product somehow influences maternal instinct and it would be interesting to see how the human homologue of the gene functions in us.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 16 of 114 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •