View Poll Results: Are gay people "abnormal"?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.98%
  • No

    63 67.02%
Page 13 of 114 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 1134

Thread: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

  1. #121
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    And the purpose of a public poll is? I think we know.
    Yes we do. It is so we can see if the number of members who voted matches the number of votes cast.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #122
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Interesting, it is.

    What proves/validates your belief?
    I base my statements on the theory of evolution.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Nature is not conscious, it does not "intend" anything.
    So basically nature just "is" and we have absolutely no idea what we're supposed to do in life? It would seem like the safest position one could make about existence, yet it offers nothing for depth of understanding.

  4. #124
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    So basically nature just "is" and we have absolutely no idea what we're supposed to do in life? It would seem like the safest position one could make about existence, yet it offers nothing for depth of understanding.
    This is correct.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I base my statements on the theory of evolution.
    But that is exactly the point. The theory of evolution is not concretely proven, it's a theory. Theory =/= concretely proven. If I asked 20 scientists how life came to exist, I am sure I would not get one unanimous position. In fact, I've actually debated with multiple "evolutionists" and they kept arguing amongst themselves about their theories...

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Evolution is a term to describe the cumulative effects of random forces. There is no "method".
    If cumulative effects of random forces guide our every notion, then why do we have the legal system which criminalizes the the random chemicals within the brains of such people? I might as well kill someone and blame it on evolution's random cumulative effects of my makeup..

  7. #127
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    But that is exactly the point. The theory of evolution is not concretely proven, it's a theory. Theory =/= concretely proven. If I asked 20 scientists how life came to exist, I am sure I would not get one unanimous position. In fact, I've actually debated with multiple "evolutionists" and they kept arguing amongst themselves about their theories...
    We are getting way off topic, but...

    First, yes, there are differences among evolutionary scientists as to the exact mechanisms of evolution. For example, does evolution work at a genetic level or on the level of individual creatures/plants/bacterium/etc? Does evolution work steadily, or are there periods of accelerated evolution? However, these same people agree that evolution does work.

    The scientific use of the word theory has a very concrete meaning, which means among other things that it fits all the known facts and has never been disproven. Evolution is a very strong theory, meaning that it is very very likely to be an accurate description of nature.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #128
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    If cumulative effects of random forces guide our every notion, then why do we have the legal system which criminalizes the the random chemicals within the brains of such people? I might as well kill someone and blame it on evolution's random cumulative effects of my makeup..
    Society is not nature.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #129
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is correct.
    It's more, homosexuality isn't perfection... while heterosexuality is closer to perfection. Thats the easiest way for me to explain it. Again, im all for gay rights, i don't really care, but your argument can be used for ANY birth-defect/abnormality. Being born without an arm is just as abnormal as born being gay... it's just not what "nature" intended/ or what our genetic make-up intended.

  10. #130
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    It's an understatement to say that the definition of 'abnormal' varies from person to person. It's a word that has multiple definitions even for an individual. My answer is yes AND no.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •