View Poll Results: Are gay people "abnormal"?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.98%
  • No

    63 67.02%
Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1134

Thread: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

  1. #1111
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    That's ridiculous. It's an absolutely senseless criteria only useful in giving you some false victory over Blackdog. Let me ask, how old was Alex?

    By making false and senseless assertions.
    My only argument has been that parrots can possess the same communication abilities as younger humans. I have demonstrated such with videos and studies. The reason I did so was because you and Blackdog were implicitly arguing that all humans possessed communication abilities that were inherently superior to animals, when in actuality, only older humans do. You may see that as a senseless distinction but it is an important one.

  2. #1112
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,502

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    My only argument has been that parrots can possess the same communication abilities as younger humans.
    Which in no way refutes anything in my argument. It does not make them "human" in any way.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I have demonstrated such with videos and studies. The reason I did so was because you and Blackdog were implicitly arguing that all humans possessed communication abilities that were inherently superior to animals, when in actuality, only older humans do.
    And so began the fallacy argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You may see that as a senseless distinction but it is an important one.
    Most people see that as senseless. Hence the complete and utter lack of anyone coming to the defense of your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #1113
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Which in no way refutes anything in my argument. It does not make them "human" in any way.
    I never argued they were human.

    Most people see that as senseless. Hence the complete and utter lack of anyone coming to the defense of your argument.
    Nobody has to come to the defense of the winning argument.

  4. #1114
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    My only argument has been that parrots can possess the same communication abilities as younger humans. I have demonstrated such with videos and studies. The reason I did so was because you and Blackdog were implicitly arguing that all humans possessed communication abilities that were inherently superior to animals, when in actuality, only older humans do. You may see that as a senseless distinction but it is an important one.
    No, it's as senseless a distinction as saying you are right because Alex communicates better than a severely mentally disabled human. Abso-friggin-lutely senseless.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #1115
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, it's as senseless a distinction as saying you are right because Alex communicates better than a severely mentally disabled human. Abso-friggin-lutely senseless.
    Meh, that was completely unrelated. Blackdog was arguing that a certain set of traits defined human beings. I was simply following that to its logical conclusion that if human beings for some reason did not possess that set of traits they would not longer be human.

    What we are discussing now is the reality that parrots possess equivlant communication capabilities to toddler aged humans.

  6. #1116
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Meh, that was completely unrelated. Blackdog was arguing that a certain set of traits defined human beings. I was simply following that to its logical conclusion that if human beings for some reason did not possess that set of traits they would not longer be human.

    What we are discussing now is the reality that parrots possess equivlant communication capabilities to toddler aged humans.
    Unless the toddler or the parrot is going to describe to a stone mason how to build a pyramid.....that means squat.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #1117
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Unless the toddler or the parrot is going to describe to a stone mason how to build a pyramid.....that means squat.
    What did you expect it to mean? I wasn't arguing that a parrot or toddler was equivlant to an adult human.

  8. #1118
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    This thread has been badly derailed, which is unfortunate.

    For now, no one can know exactly what causes some people to be homosexual, but I believe that there is absolutely nothing wrong with their behavior as long as no one is being hurt and it's between two consenting adults. The only thing that makes them "abnormal" is the fact that they make up the minority of a population, but homosexuality has always existed in human society and it's here to stay. People need to get over it, and move on-why worry about how other people conduct their lives?
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  9. #1119
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,502

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I never argued they were human.
    Then your comparison was pointless as well as irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Nobody has to come to the defense of the winning argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #1120
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That's because you are not Dr. Doolittle.
    Or so you think.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •