View Poll Results: Are gay people "abnormal"?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.98%
  • No

    63 67.02%
Page 109 of 114 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1134

Thread: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

  1. #1081
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Except the human toddler will go far beyond mimicking the sounds and into complex language.
    Wow, this statement is so lacking in even a basis understanding of developmental psychology that I don't even know why I am bothering with you. Go. Go believe the world is flat and the center of the universe.

    And this somehow makes animals humans as well?
    No. The fact that you would argue that the ability to hold a conversation somehow makes someone human was absurd. Your weak assed attempt to distort what I say is noted, but you take pride in your lack of basic logical abilities, so whatever. There is no hope for you and I give up trying.

  2. #1082
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't need to provide evidence that animals are far less than human. It's common sense.
    Is that your argument now? Animals are "far less" than humans?

  3. #1083
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Sorry, but I think there is sufficient evidence that high religiosity is a thought disorder. There are delusions, such as beliefs in talking serpents and boats with two of every animal, that are accepted even when presented with evidence to the contrary. There are hallucinations, which the highly religous call "prayer" and they even often claim that they hear auditory responses from an invisible source. There is a level of harm to self or others that the highly religious possess as is evidenced by the fact that they may fly planes into buildings or starve themselves for their irrational beliefs. There is a disorder of thoughts as is evidenced by the circular logic that is often employed to defend their belief systems. I could go on and on.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Are Gay People "Abnormal"?And... stating that folks who are religous suffer from thought disorders is both baiting and flaming. Do not do this again.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #1084
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If I found a kitten, would you agree that all animals are far less than human? <---- That is how silly that argument is.
    I'll ask you the same question. If I find a child who was born with mental retardation and he did not understand how to obey laws, appreciate art, or understand humor, would that mean he is not human?

    I don't know what is funnier, that at first you argue that those are the traits that make us human or that later you equate them to a dog's bark.

    I just want anyone who reads this thread to know exactly how weak and pathetic your logic is.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 05-12-11 at 01:53 AM.

  5. #1085
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Are Gay People &quot;Abnormal&quot;?And... stating that folks who are religous suffer from thought disorders is both baiting and flaming. Do not do this again.
    Actually, I'm planning on starting a thread about it in the near future. However, as requested I will not discuss it again in this thread.

  6. #1086
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You do realize that humans learn language through mimicking the sounds of other humans, right? Those parrots are demonstrating the exact same language skill set of a human toddler. You can't hold a conversation with a toddler, but they are still human.
    Your main problem with this argument is that the initial mode of learning communication is not what we are limited to, as a species. The parrot is simply mimicking sounds, it may learn to do it in context of certain situations, but is not conscious of anything other than this sound happens at this time so that's when i will do it. Not so with humans, or understanding grows well beyond this stage.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #1087
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Let's start here.

    This implies that you believe that no other species possess human level language capabilities.
    No other species does have the ability of complex lanquage that humans do.

    We go back further...

    This implies that you believe the very ability to communicate is unique to humans.
    No it doesn't. This implies that the level of our ability defines us. It in no way implies that all other species have no ability at all.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #1088
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'll ask you the same question. If I find a child who was born with mental retardation and he did not understand how to obey laws, appreciate art, or understand humor, would that mean he is not human?

    I don't know what is funnier, that at first you argue that those are the traits that make us human or that later you equate them to a dog's bark.

    I just want anyone who reads this thread to know exactly how weak and pathetic your logic is.
    Maybe when non-human animals start manufacturing guns and shooting back, folks will take your arguments more seriously.

    .

  9. #1089
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,540

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    Maybe when non-human animals start manufacturing guns and shooting back, folks will take your arguments more seriously.

    .
    He is going to have a parrot call me later today to discuss the ramifications of DDT on birds eggs. The ape was supposed to email me about the rainforest's ecology, but it is only if he gets off Facebook with his BFF.

    Besides most animals are firmly against the 2nd amendment. I know, I have conversations with them all the time.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-12-11 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #1090
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Your main problem with this argument is that the initial mode of learning communication is not what we are limited to, as a species. The parrot is simply mimicking sounds, it may learn to do it in context of certain situations, but is not conscious of anything other than this sound happens at this time so that's when i will do it. Not so with humans, or understanding grows well beyond this stage.
    Not until we are about 5 or 6. The fact is you and Blackdog are comparing adult humans to animals. These parrots possess communication abilities equivalent to those of a toddler aged human. I don't know why you guys are refusing to admit that is the case.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 05-12-11 at 06:37 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •