View Poll Results: Are gay people "abnormal"?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.98%
  • No

    63 67.02%
Page 108 of 114 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1134

Thread: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

  1. #1071
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Watch the video or shut up because you are just making more of a fool of yourself by the second.
    I did and it is mimicking sounds for a desired effect, nothing more. You want to see or read more into it than there is.

    You can also stop with the personal attacks at any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #1072
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,768

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I've decided high religiousity is a mental illness. No matter what evidence or reasoning I provide to someone who is highly religous, their mental illness will take over and deny them the cognitive ability to accept or objectively percieve it.
    Really? This is a pretty absurd preconceived notion, CT. I consider myself highly religious and do not see that I have any issues with objectivity. It's not being highly religious that's the issue. It's the ability of SEPARATING one's religousness from other things.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #1073
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I did and it is mimicking sounds for a desired effect, nothing more. You want to see or read more into it than there is.

    You can also stop with the personal attacks at any time.
    So let me get this right. The fact that it can count, distinguish sizes, distinguish composition, discrimiante between shapes, etc. is all just "mimiking sounds" to you? That is so pathetic.

  4. #1074
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So let me get this right. The fact that it can count, distinguish sizes, distinguish composition, discrimiante between shapes, etc. is all just "mimiking sounds" to you? That is so pathetic.
    You are confusing two different things because you have already made up in your mind that no matter what I type, it will mean what you want it too.

    Just because he is mimicking sound for a desired effect does not mean he is not counting etc. Hell we have horses that can count. This does not in any way mean they are communicating like humans can and do.

    I mean really the bird is not holding a conversation. It is answering questions it has been asked many times before. I mean I have a parrot, they are very smart for an animal. They are still just an animal.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-12-11 at 01:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #1075
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Really? This is a pretty absurd preconceived notion, CT. I consider myself highly religious and do not see that I have any issues with objectivity. It's not being highly religious that's the issue. It's the ability of SEPARATING one's religousness from other things.
    Sorry, but I think there is sufficient evidence that high religiosity is a thought disorder. There are delusions, such as beliefs in talking serpents and boats with two of every animal, that are accepted even when presented with evidence to the contrary. There are hallucinations, which the highly religous call "prayer" and they even often claim that they hear auditory responses from an invisible source. There is a level of harm to self or others that the highly religious possess as is evidenced by the fact that they may fly planes into buildings or starve themselves for their irrational beliefs. There is a disorder of thoughts as is evidenced by the circular logic that is often employed to defend their belief systems. I could go on and on.

  6. #1076
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Sorry, but I think there is sufficient evidence that high religiosity is a thought disorder. There are delusions, such as beliefs in talking serpents and boats with two of every animal, that are accepted even when presented with evidence to the contrary. There are hallucinations, which the highly religous call "prayer" and they even often claim that they hear auditory responses from an invisible source. There is a level of harm to self or others that the highly religious possess as is evidenced by the fact that they may fly planes into buildings or starve themselves for their irrational beliefs. There is a disorder of thoughts as is evidenced by the circular logic that is often employed to defend their belief systems. I could go on and on.
    Hehehehe! I rest my case.

    Have a good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #1077
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You are confusing two different things because you have already made up in your mind that no matter what I type, it will mean what you want it too.

    Just because he is mimicking sound for a desired effect does not mean he is not counting etc. Hell we have horses that can count. This does not in any way mean they are communicating like humans can and do.

    I mean really the bird is not holding a conversation. It is answering questions it has been asked many times before. I mean I have a parrot, they are very smart for an animal. They are still just an animal.
    You do realize that humans learn language through mimicking the sounds of other humans, right? Those parrots are demonstrating the exact same language skill set of a human toddler. You can't hold a conversation with a toddler, but they are still human.

  8. #1078
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Hehehehe! I rest my case.

    Have a good night.
    You had a case? I'm still waiting to hear it. So far all you have done is made an unsubstantiated claim that humans are somehow completely different than animals, to which I have provided evidence demonstrating otherwise. You haven't even provided any evidence to support any claim you have made. I have made a case, which you have some problems with, but you have not presented any case of your own.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 05-12-11 at 01:38 AM.

  9. #1079
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You do realize that humans learn language through mimicking the sounds of other humans, right? Those parrots are demonstrating the exact same language skill set of a human toddler.
    Except the human toddler will go far beyond mimicking the sounds and into complex language.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You can't hold a conversation with a toddler, but they are still human.
    And this somehow makes animals humans as well?

    Logic man, logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #1080
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You had a case? I'm still waiting to hear it. So far all you have done is made an unsubstantiated claim that humans are somehow completely different than animals, to which I have provided evidence demonstrating otherwise. You haven't even provided any evidence to support any claim you have made.
    Well get a few monkeys and dogs to type a responce, that would go a long way in proving your point. Better yet I can give you my phone number and you can have a parrot call me.

    I don't need to provide evidence that animals are far less than human. It's common sense.

    Ok really, you have a good night.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-12-11 at 01:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •