View Poll Results: Are gay people "abnormal"?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.98%
  • No

    63 67.02%
Page 107 of 114 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1134

Thread: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

  1. #1061
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Animals demonstrate morality.

    Animals can tell right from wrong - Telegraph
    So let me get this straight..

    Because animals do things to preserve and protect the species, they must have hard wired morality? We already have a name for it, it's called "instinct." No wonder it is controversial and only a hypothesis.

    They actually waisted time and money on this study?

    Sorry no cigar.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Incorrect. In fact, New Caledonian crows through scientific experiments have been proven to possess causal reasoning.
    Again not the same as humans. They are trying to prescribe human actions to animals. I also never said they could not out of hand reason, I said like humans. This is not even close.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Given that your argument was that humans are different than animals and not that adult humans are different than animals, your argument seems to be slipping.
    Nothing slipping. You are trying desperately to prove something that is wrong and illogical and goes against scientific knowledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Many of these things differ within human cultures. For example, not every culture perceives time as linear, not every culture has the same conception of stealing, and not every culture appreciates art. The fact that you argue that these are the defining characteristics of humanity when not all humans even share these traits, tends to show more of your ethnocentrism than your understanding of what makes humans different than animals.
    That is irrelevant, the fact is any human being of normal intelligence can understand the concepts and animals can't, period.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Baboons trained on computers show they are capable of abstract reasoning - Science, News - The Independent

    Do you like being wrong? I absolutely love proving theologians like you wrong. It gives me plenty of reason to get up in the morning.
    Wait, wait...

    What does religion have to do with this? Making assumptions again? It has nothing to do with my religions and you are just making yourself look bigoted.

    Your evidence is laughable at best. You have yet to show me an animal that can...

    Obey a law, any law because it is wrong.
    Can appreciate art.
    Can understand humor, not fun, humor.

    You can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #1062
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I never said they don't posses the ability all.....please quote me if I did.
    Let's start here.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The difference is that no other species, even the other apes, can communicate as complexly as humans.
    This implies that you believe that no other species possess human level language capabilities.

    We go back further...

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You're both wrong. It's our ability to communicate that makes a special.
    This implies that you believe the very ability to communicate is unique to humans.

  3. #1063
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The fact is you are wrong. Some animals do possess abstract reasoning ability, communication, and morality. Simply because you are a theologian, you have chosen to ignore the evidence that threatens your precious world view that humans are somehow the only creatures that posses these things.
    Come up with a reasonable argument and stop making excuses because I am a Christian.

    Humans by the way are the only ones that have it to any real degree when compared to animals. Just like I said.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-12-11 at 01:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #1064
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    This implies that you believe that no other species possess human level language capabilities.
    Because they don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    This implies that you believe the very ability to communicate is unique to humans.
    His statement implies nothing of the sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #1065
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Obey a law, any law because it is wrong.
    Can appreciate art.
    Can understand humor, not fun, humor.

    You can't.
    Pathetic. Classic Blackdog, can't disprove the evidence so he simply has to dismiss it outright in order to preserve his narrow world view.

    So you believe that what makes me and you human are our abilities to obey laws, appreciate art, and understand humor? So if I find a child who was born with mental retardation and he does not understand how to obey laws, appreciate art, or understand humor, he is not human? If you or I sustain a brain injury that inhibits our abilities to obey laws, appreciate art, or understand humor, then we are no longer human?

    God, your logic is so weak it is sad and painful to watch. You try to generate a list of what makes us human and prove how little you understand humanity in the process.

  6. #1066
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because they don't.
    African Grey Parrots do. I even provided a handy dandy video to demonstrate such. Do you enjoy being willfully ignorant and ignoring even what you can see with your own eyes?

  7. #1067
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    African Grey Parrots do. I even provided a handy dandy video to demonstrate such. Do you enjoy being willfully ignorant and ignoring even what you can see with your own eyes?
    No they don't. They are mimicking sounds for a desired effect. Huge difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #1068
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Come up with a reasonable argument and stop making excuses because I am a Christian.
    I've decided high religiousity is a mental illness. No matter what evidence or reasoning I provide to someone who is highly religous, their mental illness will take over and deny them the cognitive ability to accept or objectively percieve it.

  9. #1069
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No they don't. They are mimicking sounds for a desired effect. Huge difference.
    Watch the video or shut up because you are just making more of a fool of yourself by the second.

  10. #1070
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Pathetic. Classic Blackdog, can't disprove the evidence so he simply has to dismiss it outright in order to preserve his narrow world view.
    I dismissed it because it is poor evidence. Has nothing to do with my "world view" etc. Don't make excuses for a lame argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So you believe that what makes me and you human are our abilities to obey laws, appreciate art, and understand humor?
    Yes. That is a small part of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So if I find a child who was born with mental retardation and he does not understand how to obey laws, appreciate art, or understand humor, he is not human?
    If I found a kitten, would you agree that all animals are far less than human? <---- That is how silly that argument is.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If you or I sustain a brain injury that inhibits our abilities to obey laws, appreciate art, or understand humor, then we are no longer human?
    If a dog gets a brain injury and can no longer bark, he is no longer a dog? I mean we can do this stupidity all night.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    God, your logic is so weak it is sad and painful to watch. You try to generate a list of what makes us human and prove how little you understand humanity in the process.
    No your logic as I have shown yet again is just ridicules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •