View Poll Results: Are gay people "abnormal"?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.98%
  • No

    63 67.02%
Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1134

Thread: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

  1. #991
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,526

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Hey you are the that brought up alligators in the first place. I simply showed you examples of homosexual behavior in the reptilian world.
    I already showed examples, all you did was make a lame attempt to set some juvenile trap that backfired.

    You are trying to apply something human to animals. A bad example as I said before you jumped in.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-10-11 at 10:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #992
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No I did not. That is blatantly untrue. Please feel free to point out where I said this?
    In your first response to Kal. I may have misread it.

    Yes you did imply it, or the way you worded it it seemed that way.
    Didn't try to imply.

    Take who's word for it?
    Take most gay people's word for it.

    That is part of it. And yes something IS there.
    I'm not seeing it.

    They are speaking of the race as a whole, not "certain parts of Africa." Yes if it is wrong in even just one village let alone large parts of Africa, it is not true. It has less to do with black culture and more to do with white racism as I said.
    Well yeah. They took things from certain parts of Africa and applied it to every African. They generalized and that was my point. Their generalization/racism came partially from behavior and was not simply skin color based. I agree that they made snap judgments on skin color, but behavior and cultural difference also played a significant role.

    Then why did you even respond? I think you are confused and assume I said something I did not.
    Not so much.

  3. #993
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I already showed examples, all you did was make a lame attempt to set some juvenile trap that backfired.

    You are trying to apply something human to animals. A bad example as I said before you jumped in.

    You said

    Why is it animals lower on the scale like alligators who have a brain the size of a marble do not show homosexual behavior?
    I called you on your ill informed BS.

  4. #994
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No...you are glossing it over. The studies clearly state the "may be" in all cases. You, do not.
    No, I am saying what researchers say... from doing research. There is no "glossing over". You don't like the words I've chosen, though they are similar.

    But tell us mac, what is the difference between saying "I assume" and "it may be"? Neither gives a definitive... but why don't you tell us the difference since you seem to be stuck on this.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 05-11-11 at 06:16 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #995
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I don't dispute that, I never have. I entertain that it is possible that being homosexual is not a choice, but know that there is no proof of it. The problem I have with this argument is that there are an aweful lot of people out there that think there is conclusive proof that homosexuality has been proven to be a result of genetic and other factors and that "born gay" has been proven conclusivley. You yourself have indicated that by glossing over the "may be" in the summaries of all these studies.
    Does it make a difference whether its genetic or a choice really, the end result is the same. I can only go by my stepdaughter who says she was not born that way.

  6. #996
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,526

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You said

    I called you on your ill informed BS.
    I notice you cut out my comment in context...

    Higher animals most certainly do make decisions. They also understand loneliness etc that is not instinctual: they can be taught. This line does bring another question to the table though. Why is it animals lower on the scale like alligators who have a brain the size of a marble do not show homosexual behavior?

    Now their are a few that exhibit this behavior due mostly to pheromones and an attraction to others that have just finished feeding as in the case of bed bugs. It is exceedingly rare in lower level organisms in general, why?
    - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059475778

    Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #997
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I notice you cut out my comment in context...

    Higher animals most certainly do make decisions. They also understand loneliness etc that is not instinctual: they can be taught. This line does bring another question to the table though. Why is it animals lower on the scale like alligators who have a brain the size of a marble do not show homosexual behavior?

    Now their are a few that exhibit this behavior due mostly to pheromones and an attraction to others that have just finished feeding as in the case of bed bugs. It is exceedingly rare in lower level organisms in general, why?
    - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059475778

    Try again.
    If true, that is a very interesting point. It makes me wonder what causes the behavior in other animals, and if those same reasons apply to humans. Obviously, for a person the reasons are much more complex than instinctive behaviors in many cases. But there has to be some sort of genetic component or it wouldn't be as common.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  8. #998
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,526

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    If true, that is a very interesting point. It makes me wonder what causes the behavior in other animals, and if those same reasons apply to humans.
    So far no evidence points to this at all, but it does not rule it out completely as we discover new things every day.

    Animals are not a good example for human behavior.

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Obviously, for a person the reasons are much more complex than instinctive behaviors in many cases. But there has to be some sort of genetic component or it wouldn't be as common.
    Again no evidence of it being genetic in humans exists so far. What most studies I have seen recently do say is they think (still a theory without much proof either way) it is a combination of environment, nature and nurture. I also have seen something about brain shape??? Capitan correct me if I am wrong. The male and female brain is slightly different in function as well as shape, and it appears that in some cases they are reversed in gay or trans gendered males and females.

    So nothing conclusive on either front as we are still learning.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-11-11 at 08:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #999
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So far no evidence points to this at all, but it does not rule it out completely as we discover new things every day.

    Animals are not a good example for human behavior.
    Why not? We are animals, and our behavior is really not that different from the rest of the animal kingdom. The fact that there is rape, murder, incest, and horrible violence should be proof of that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Again no evidence of it being genetic in humans exists so far. What most studies I have seen recently do say is they think (still a theory without much proof either way) it is a combination of environment, nature and nurture. I also have seen something about brain shape??? Capitan correct me if I am wrong. The male and female brain is slightly different and it appears that in some cases they are reversed in gay or trans gendered males and females.

    So nothing conclusive on either front as we are still learning.
    Nature (genetics) is one aspect. Nurture (environment) is mostly how a person is raised by family. To me, the nature aspect seems more convincing in most cases. The male brain is actually shaped by estrogen during its development (odd, I know) while the female brain when developing is protected from the estrogen by a certain chemical which I can't remember. I can find some links for this if you're interested. But the point is, people are mostly born homosexual or become so because of factors beyond their own control.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  10. #1000
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,526

    Re: Are Gay People "Abnormal"?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Why not? We are animals, and our behavior is really not that different from the rest of the animal kingdom.
    You really have to ask that? With very few exceptions we are the only animals that kill for sport etc.

    Yes we are very different.

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    The fact that there is rape, murder, incest, and horrible violence should be proof of that.
    Rape, murder and incest are not examples of bad animal behavior. They are examples of bad human behavior as animals cannot rape etc because they don't know any better, they don't have morals and we do. The rest is just violence when animals in 99.9% of the time are doing it to eat. We are doing it to eat as well but also for sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Nature (genetics) is one aspect. Nurture (environment) is mostly how a person is raised by family. To me, the nature aspect seems more convincing in most cases.
    According to science the answer for the most is that no evidence to date shows homosexuality is physical in DNA etc. No evidence of it at all, and we have looked for the last what? 20 to 30 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    The male brain is actually shaped by estrogen during its development (odd, I know) while the female brain when developing is protected from the estrogen by a certain chemical which I can't remember. I can find some links for this if you're interested. But the point is, people are mostly born homosexual or become so because of factors beyond their own control.
    Most of the brain research I saw was transgendered people or men who thought they were female etc. This is not truly homosexuality as it is not 2 males as one feels they are female and goes to great lengths to be just that. So I don't agree.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-11-11 at 08:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •