View Poll Results: What do you think of the ACLU?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • The ACLU is awesome

    20 43.48%
  • The ACLU sucks

    13 28.26%
  • I'm indifferent

    5 10.87%
  • Other

    8 17.39%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 135

Thread: Aclu

  1. #71
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Aclu

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    How did the Mojave cross violate your civil liberties? Yeah, good thing we have a group protecting us from such offensive things.
    It's a first amendment question. It is a valid first amendment question.

    Now, go back to the post I quoted. Did I refer to this case, or was I talking about the ACLU in total?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #72
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Aclu

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Bush did not heed the warnings that AQ was planning an attack on the US. Therefore he is responsible for 9/11. That argument is pure bull****, just as your argument which makes the exact same premise is.
    It's not the exact same premise at all. The same premise would be if someone was accusing Bush of spotlighting the world trade center and because of that spotlight, it was attacked...I can't say I've ever heard that argued.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  3. #73
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Aclu

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It's not the exact same premise at all. The same premise would be if someone was accusing Bush of spotlighting the world trade center and because of that spotlight, it was attacked...I can't say I've ever heard that argued.
    No, the premise is that both Bush and the ACLU are responsible for unforeseeable results.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #74
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Aclu

    The aclu is blatantly all liberal all the time, particularly dispicable is their campaign to abolish the boy scouts. They cost us a fortune in litigation costs attacking schools etc.

  5. #75
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Aclu

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We call this "moving the goalpost". You would not accept any statement by the ACLU against the cross stealing, but when called on the fact they did condemn it, you move the goalpost and think it is not good enough.
    He said it was "not permissible", of course he has to admit that much, but that's an entirely different thing that stating flat out that it was wrong.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #76
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Aclu

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    He said it was "not permissible", of course he has to admit that much, but that's an entirely different thing that stating flat out that it was wrong.
    You realize how weak your comment here is?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #77
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Aclu

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's a first amendment question. It is a valid first amendment question.
    Yes, the ACLU is all about freedom of expression so long as it's not religious expression.

    Now, go back to the post I quoted. Did I refer to this case, or was I talking about the ACLU in total?
    Do you agree with the ACLU's decision to file suit to have the Mojave cross removed?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #78
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Aclu

    Are you going to blame the entire media for the theft? After all, if they didn't cover the case, the cross probably wouldn't have been stolen.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Aclu

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I think hate crimes are stupid.

    But, you have to make a case that the victim was targeted BECAUSE of his or her race. In this case, the woman who was the victim was transgendered so there might be a basis for hate crimes here. But I hardly think transgender individuals are people that conservatives generally stick up for.
    Did you participate in the McDonalds thread? The conservatives did stick up for her for the most part.
    Personally I am against all hate crime laws. A crime is a crime. You can't get any tougher than the death penality. Also, to prosecute for a hate crime, you are prosecuting a person for his thoughts and not just his actions.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #80
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Aclu

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yes, the ACLU is all about freedom of expression so long as it's not religious expression.
    Actually, the ACLU has on numerous occasions defended christian expression. Nice try, but fail.

    Do you agree with the ACLU's decision to file suit to have the Mojave cross removed?
    That does not have, for me, a simple yes or no answer:

    Would I have filed such a suit? No.

    Do I think the suit was inappropriate? No.

    Do I disagree with the SCOTUS decision? Not sure, have not read it, probably not though.

    The thing with the ACLU is they will take pretty much any case that fits within the realm of what they are about, whether the people are good or bad, the line crossed is just barely or by a mile. A religious display on government land does raise legitimate questions from a first amendment standpoint and the establishment aspect.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •