View Poll Results: Is it OK for Blacks to Bash Whites for Comedy Purposes?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    59 46.83%
  • No

    67 53.17%
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 370

Thread: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

  1. #341
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    They were jokes. Why so serious?
    Oh come now. It was a pity party for being white. I prefer self-deprecating jokes over "omg my life sucks" jokes.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #342
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    What world do you guys live in that "white = 0" or "whiteness is negatively defined"? Are you guys kidding me? Thousands of years of history is laughing at these three comments in a row. I do not think they make a violin small enough for this party.
    Should we interpret the claim that Obama is black genetically like this: "Whites do not pass on their genetic material to their half-race children (unless they look white enough to be White)"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  3. #343
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    It's .5x + .5y = x, where x =/= y
    Good point.

  4. #344
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Oh come now. It was a pity party for being white. I prefer self-deprecating jokes over "omg my life sucks" jokes.
    Look at the people who made those jokes and what they've been arguing in this thread and then reassess your analysis accordingly.

    Hell, I'm of the Louis CK school of thought, when it comes to being white.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 09-16-11 at 12:19 PM.

  5. #345
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Hell, I'm of the Louis CK school of thought, when it comes to being white.
    all you darkies can keep your affirmative action, minority scholarships, govt cheese, etc. I'm riding out this white thing, see how far it takes me.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #346
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    all you darkies can keep your affirmative action, minority scholarships, govt cheese, etc. I'm riding out this white thing, see how far it takes me.
    I don't recall him saying that one.

  7. #347
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Hispanic isn't a race according to the government so if Hispanic women have a lower risk of developing certain types of diseases than black women it's not a "race-related predisposition".
    You're funny. You're also a great scientist - you've discovered the first group of people who exist apart from race. You should publish this finding. For some reason the government doesn't want to categorize Hispanics as Mestizos and Mulattos.

  8. #348
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    How many races are there? List them, please.
    How many colors are there. List them please.

  9. #349
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Just a very illuminating question that shows how arbitrary the whole definition of "race" is.
    The boundaries between colors are also arbitrarily defined. Does that mean that the color yellow doesn't convey information when referenced?

    The researcher input the social construct "race" into the model, and out come the correlation. A correct understand of the result is not that black women are more likely to get that type of cancer, but that a woman with a certain genetic mutation is more likely to get that type of cancer, and that what we describe as Black women are more likely to have that genetic mutation. Being White, or Hispanics or Asian, does not make a woman who has this genetic mutation less likely to get the cancer than a Black woman.
    Your argument borders on tautology. You refer to race a s social construct and then detail a situation where the researchers inputs this piece of socially constructed knowledge into a model and out comes the correlation. The whole notion of social construction is that it is divorced from any physical reality. If tomorrow we decided that every liberal would hence forth be socially classified as black and every conservatives would henceforth be socially classified as white, then the breast cancer model would lose all predictive value because when the researcher input "black" as the race of the woman who was being tested the model wouldn't be referencing any real genetic basis.

    So clearly, when researchers are inputting a socially derived classification of black into the diagnostic model that socially derived racially classification is a.) outputting useful data from the model, and b.) the social classification is capturing the real genetic basis of race.

  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    You're funny. You're also a great scientist - you've discovered the first group of people who exist apart from race. You should publish this finding. For some reason the government doesn't want to categorize Hispanics as Mestizos and Mulattos.
    Did you notice that in my response to you, I critiqued your argument and your argument only. The only thing you could manage to do was personally attack me through sarcasm. It's never a good sign when the only response you have to another person's point is a personal attack.

    I'll say it again: Hispanic isn't a race according to the government. Therefore, your example about "race-related" diseases is flawed because you used a group of people that is NOT considered a race by the very organization you claim is "reaching out to racial groups". This has two implications: First, race is not as clear cut as you try to make it seem as evidenced by the fact you consider Hispanic a race and the government doesn't. Second, the differences in susceptibility to diseases that you listed with black vs. Hispanic women are NOT race-related differences.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •