View Poll Results: Is it OK for Blacks to Bash Whites for Comedy Purposes?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    59 46.83%
  • No

    67 53.17%
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 370

Thread: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

  1. #251
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Do you really think that evolution created this plethora of differences within the races, yet magically didn't touch one iota of intellect?

    I haven't seen conclusive proof of either or. Ergo, that valid question will always remain.
    Right, but you have the premise. Usually, after the premise comes some sort of proof that allows you to lead to a conclusion. It's a non non sequitur.

    "If African Americans have lower IQs that Asian Americans and Caucasians, then African Americans must also have less mental capacity to learn". That's your premise and your conclusion, and I am not sure that would hold up. And in terms of evolution, I am sure that are minute differences between races and cultures.
    Last edited by whysoserious; 09-15-11 at 12:56 PM.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #252
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    But you said that different traits over an area don't make a race, and here you're saying it does, that genetic isolation makes breeds in dogs, but nor races in humans, make up your mind already. Or perhaps it's the level of genetic difference, so if I were to breed a Labrador with a Chihuahua, and then keep breeding the offspring which Chihuahuas, at what specific level of genetic similarity would it stop being a Labrador x Chihuahua and become a Chihuahua?
    When it starts to display the general characteristics of the Chihuahua breed as defined by some club. That is, whenever one of the clubs says it is a Chihuahua. There is no bright red line that separates this Lab/Chihuahua mix from a Chihuahua. Breeds are not classified based on science. The clubs create the categories based on the collective opinions of their members. It's highly subjective. This is why you have different clubs that disagree on the classifications.

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Right, but you have the premise. Usually, after the premise comes some sort of proof that allows you to lead to a conclusion. It's a non non sequitur.

    "If African Americans have lower IQs that Asian Americans and Caucasians, then African Americans must also have less mental capacity to learn". That's your premise and your conclusion, and I am not sure that would hold up.
    Tell me what you think the premise is.

    There is no conclusive scientific proof. Why do you thinkI haven't taken a side? I hope both sides are ready for questioning.

    My premise is that it hasn't been proven or disproven that evolution left all races' intellects equal. Like God and logic in which it's "probable" that God doesn't exist in their scheme of things, so too is it "probable" that your belief in evolution didn't realize to be politically correct.

    African Americans may have less average intellect than other races like the Chinese. Did I say all? No. Perhaps looking at the technological advances of all races/civilizations from the beginning of written history can be looked upon as an indicator of sorts? The Aboriginees of Australia are still not that advanced; China was advanced thousands of years ago. Why are some racial civilizations not as advanced as others? Why did some racial civilizations like China develop so damnably quicker than others? Sure, there're many factors, but I think it'd be a bit assumptuous to think evolution couldn't of ever played a hand in intelligence. It certainly did with man vs animals and with different breeds of certain animals.

  4. #254
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Can anyone provide empirical evidence that evolution left the overall intellect of all races absolutely equal? What can you say about the Chinese with their civilizational progress many thousands of years ago? And if race supposedly doesn't exist, how can you argue that evolution blessed everyone with absolutely equal intellect?
    It's you who needs to provide evidence that the mental capacity of races is unequal. The null hypothesis is that mental capacity is equal because there is not yet any reason to believe otherwise. If you intend to deviate from the null hypothesis, you need to provide the evidence.

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    It's you who needs to provide evidence that the mental capacity of races is unequal. The null hypothesis is that mental capacity is equal because there is not yet any reason to believe otherwise. If you intend to deviate from the null hypothesis, you need to provide the evidence.
    Repeating yourself won't help you.

    I haven't made either claim, ergo, the burden of proof isn't on me, but you.

    You believe, from what I observe, that evolution didn't touch the IQ of races.

    Apropos, you prove it.

  6. #256
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Repeating yourself won't help you.

    I haven't made either claim, ergo, the burden of proof isn't on me, but you.

    You believe, from what I observe, that evolution didn't touch the IQ of races.

    Apropos, you prove it.
    How am I repeating myself when I've never made this comment before?

    Again, the burden of proof is not on me or anyone else who accepts the null hypothesis. Let me explain how the world works: We believe things until we have reason to believe otherwise. There is not yet any reason to believe that people of certain ancestry have lower mental capacities than those of other mental capacities. So show me evidence that I should even consider you question and you'll get an answer. In other words, you have yet to prove that your question is worth considering.

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    How am I repeating myself when I've never made this comment before?

    Again, the burden of proof is not on me or anyone else who accepts the null hypothesis. Let me explain how the world works: We believe things until we have reason to believe otherwise. There is not yet any reason to believe that people of certain ancestry have lower mental capacities than those of other mental capacities. So show me evidence that I should even consider you question and you'll get an answer. In other words, you have yet to prove that your question is worth considering.
    You said "you need to provide" and "null hypothesis" twice. I can't say I haven't been guilty of doing it in the past so I'll excuse it.

    My world is that you don't believe things without absolute proof. You cannot prove that evolution didn't touch IQ, so you cling to the fallacy that the reverse must be true. If you believe a belief because there's no evidence to the contrary, then you've made a mistake.

  8. #258
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Is that not kind of part of the problem? In reading Tipping Point and other books, it seems one of the greatest reasons for procrastination is a lack of understanding where to start on a problem and how to tackle it overall. Considering they were oppressed, many were uneducated and it takes a while for the education gap to close. Are we getting it yet?
    again...how many generations are we going to allow them to use that excuse? how many decades do we have to wait before they take responsibility for themselves?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #259
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    [I]You said "you need to provide" and "null hypothesis" twice. I can't say I haven't been guilty of doing it in the past so I'll excuse it.
    You'll "excuse it"? Who are you? LOL

    My world is that you don't believe things without absolute proof.
    Absolute proof doesn't exist for anything, so your world doesn't exist and now I see the root of the problem. We live in alternate realities.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 09-15-11 at 01:21 PM.

  10. #260
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    again...how many generations are we going to allow them to use that excuse? how many decades do we have to wait before they take responsibility for themselves?
    Well currently for African Americans it has been around... what? ... two generations? Maybe less before discrimination started to fade enough to make the game a bit more fair. How impatient are we going to be?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •