View Poll Results: Is it OK for Blacks to Bash Whites for Comedy Purposes?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    59 46.83%
  • No

    67 53.17%
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 370

Thread: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

  1. #171
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Freedom of speech - White comedians are free to bash blacks however they want. If they're funny they'll be accepted; if not they'll be ridiculed. It's all fair.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    forgot about this one


  3. #173
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,461

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    forgot about this one

    Jeff Ross was invited to make fun like that.

    That is a very differnet situation than a white comic doing racist black jokes on his own.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    I really don't understand your argument.

  5. #175
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,461

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    I really don't understand your argument.
    Who are you talking to?

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Freedom of speech - White comedians are free to bash blacks however they want. If they're funny they'll be accepted; if not they'll be ridiculed. It's all fair.
    You know it doesn't work that way.

    Any white comedian making fun of black stereotypes is guaranteed to be banned from night clubs and TV. Certain black comedians got famous for making fun of whites.

    It's the old liberal bias media double standard thing.

    Eddy Murphy can pretend to be a black spy disguised as a white guy, Steppin' Fetchit is banned from TV.

    Robert Byrd, former Klansman gets a free pass in the leftwing media, no one can say anything in praise of Strom Thurmond at the old man's 200th birthday.
    Last edited by Mayor Snorkum; 05-01-11 at 04:44 AM.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Who are you talking to?
    you. I really don't understand the argument you are trying to make about the above video

  8. #178
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    You know it doesn't work that way.

    Any white comedian making fun of black stereotypes is guaranteed to be banned from night clubs and TV. Certain black comedians got famous for making fun of whites.
    That's not true at all - you clearly need to see more comedy.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That's not true at all - you clearly need to see more comedy.
    I watch a lot of comedy, and can honestly say it's something I don't recall seeing, often

  10. #180
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,623
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is it Ok for Black Comedians to Bash Whites?

    It's okay for comedians to bash anyone so long as they are funny. That's kinda what comedians do, ya know?

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •