View Poll Results: Constitutional or Unconstitutional?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Constitutional To Lease Your Body for Another's Pleasure

    33 82.50%
  • It's Unconstitutional to Lease your body for Another's Pleasure.

    7 17.50%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 131

Thread: Prostitution: Constitutional or Unconstitutional? You Decide

  1. #121
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Prostitution: Constitutional or Unconstitutional? You Decide

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I simply stated that prostitution should be legalized, regulated, taxed, etc. Legal and regulated brothels, independent contractors (you prefer to call them streetwalkers). Streetpimps are, and should continue to be prosecuted.
    I agree with you. However, I still disagree with you that criminalizing prostitution is unconstitutional.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  2. #122
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Prostitution: Constitutional or Unconstitutional? You Decide

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I agree with you. However, I still disagree with you that criminalizing prostitution is unconstitutional.
    On this note: the federal government does not have the right to control inner-state commerce. Which is why prostitutin is a state-issue and why it's legal in areas of Nevada.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #123
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Prostitution: Constitutional or Unconstitutional? You Decide

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    On this note: the federal government does not have the right to control inner-state commerce. Which is why prostitutin is a state-issue and why it's legal in areas of Nevada.
    Or the federal government hasn't decided to exert its authority to regulate prostitution.

    Either way, aruging against the constitutionality of prostition is a bad way to lobby to get it legalized.

    A better argument is to point out how all the positives of legalizing prostitution outweigh all the positives of keeping it illegal.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  4. #124
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Prostitution: Constitutional or Unconstitutional? You Decide

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Or the federal government hasn't decided to exert its authority to regulate prostitution.

    Either way, aruging against the constitutionality of prostition is a bad way to lobby to get it legalized.

    A better argument is to point out how all the positives of legalizing prostitution outweigh all the positives of keeping it illegal.
    And there aren't any social benefits at all - so that's a no-go
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #125
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Prostitution: Constitutional or Unconstitutional? You Decide

    Quote Originally Posted by TDZ View Post
    So your saying that those who view child porn are not likely to act on that sexual urge and there is no proof that looking at porn, specifically child porn, will lead to abusive acts towards children.

    Would you like to bet on that one?

    I'll be willing to put up whatever you want to risk Paschendale. Though might I suggest that you actually do a little research before you open your mouth and stick your foot in it. Perhaps becoming friends with say, I don't know... Google or Bing might even help you out a little.

    Child Porn Leads Pedophiles to Commit Pedophile Acts against children study

    That link might help ya out a little. To quote a section of it:

    Now, as a father I don't need a study to help me out with this thing they call common sense, but since you do, there it is. It is statistically more likely to be the case than not.
    To begin with, that's one fellow, who is not a doctor, against the established position of the AMA. I trust the doctors over some quack with a website. Also, the article doesn't actually SAY what you claim it does. It says that the people who seek out child porn are the same ones who have inclinations towards pedophilia. Well DUH! Also, the title you link for the article isn't its actual name. This makes sense given that the article isn't proposing that. Seems your common sense isn't so common.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #126
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Prostitution: Constitutional or Unconstitutional? You Decide

    I don't see how anyone can vote no on this one. While you may not believe its moral, the constitution and the founding fathers sought to protect individual liberty in-spite of their personal moral/religious beliefs and private contracts are one of those protections.

  7. #127
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Prostitution: Constitutional or Unconstitutional? You Decide

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    I don't see how anyone can vote no on this one. While you may not believe its moral, the constitution and the founding fathers sought to protect individual liberty in-spite of their personal moral/religious beliefs and private contracts are one of those protections.
    I couldn't vote in this poll. Laws themselves are constitutional or unconstitutional, criminal action itself is not subject to constitutional review. (I'm sure this has been pointed out before, I haven't read every post here).

    However, I fully support keeping prostitution illegal.
    Last edited by X Factor; 04-30-11 at 03:24 AM.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #128
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Prostitution: Constitutional or Unconstitutional? You Decide

    I dont really like the wording but Ill answer the best way I can.

    I dont know if its constitutional per-say but it in no way shape or form is unconstitutional thats just silly, theres is no logic to support that what so ever.

    I dont like saying its constitutional because to me that seems like the constitution protects that specific right, either way, again theres no logic to say its unconstitutional thats just peoples emotions getting in the way of logic.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #129
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Prostitution: Constitutional or Unconstitutional? You Decide

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I couldn't vote in this poll. Laws themselves are constitutional or unconstitutional, criminal action itself is not subject to constitutional review. (I'm sure this has been pointed out before, I haven't read every post here).

    However, I fully support keeping prostitution illegal.
    While its not a right protected by the constitution, it isn't unconstitutional to allow it to be legal. Whenever something like this comes up, the first question I ask is

    Is it a private contract between consenting parties?

    With the case of pimps, as someone mentioned, it get murky. However, in all other cases, theres no justification in my mind, legally, to have the action be illegal. If one were to perform a cost-benefit analysis of having the action be illegal vs legal, I'm more inclined to believe that its more favorable to have the action be legal while being regulated by laws, not executive agencies.

  10. #130
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-01-11 @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    65

    Re: Prostitution: Constitutional or Unconstitutional? You Decide

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    To begin with, that's one fellow, who is not a doctor, against the established position of the AMA. I trust the doctors over some quack with a website. Also, the article doesn't actually SAY what you claim it does. It says that the people who seek out child porn are the same ones who have inclinations towards pedophilia. Well DUH! Also, the title you link for the article isn't its actual name. This makes sense given that the article isn't proposing that. Seems your common sense isn't so common.
    Do you know how to read? I'm curious. What part of this did you miss:

    A team of researchers in Toronto, Canada has recently published a paper, titled, "Child Pornography Offenses Are a Valid Diagnostic Indicator of Pedophilia" in the Journal of Abnormal Psychology (August, 2006, Vol. 115, No. 3, 610-615)
    Hmmm... How does one go about getting published in the Journal of Abnormal Psychology? Would you like to take a guess? Just for fun.

    I'd be willing to bet, without looking it up, that you have to have a degree in Psychology at the minimum. And amazingly this was a group of "RESEARCHERS" Please note the plurality, which one would take to mean more than 1 person with a psychology degree. In actuality I'm willing to bet that a "group of researchers" means more than 2, since they didn't say a "pair of researchers".

    To even attempt to argue the data is an idiotic argument at best. You yourself even admit that those who seek out child porn are the same ones who have inclinations towards pedophlia. Hmmm.... Who else would seek out child porn? I can only think of 2 groups.

    1. Those who want to have sex with children: ie those with an inclination towards pedophilia.
    2. Law Enforcement Agents tasked with the job of seeking out child porn in an effort to curb or stop it.

    So, are there any other arguments you'd like to make for your case? Perhaps a study or 3 to say that those who view child porn do not have an inclination towards pedophilia? I don't think your going to find one, unless of course it's written by a pedophile attempting to justify his/her own case of viewing it. But then again, they have an inclination towards pedophilia so that would disqualify them from giving an objective answer wouldn't it?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •