View Poll Results: Which Plan?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Libertarian: End All Entitlements

    8 47.06%
  • Republican: Reduce Medicare Expenditures starting in 2022, but let Seniors decide where

    4 23.53%
  • Democrat: Reduce Medicare Expenditures in 2014, and let an unelected political board decide where

    4 23.53%
  • Suicidal: Continue to bicker, leave the system as it is, and it all crashes.

    1 5.88%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Between the Medicare Cutters

  1. #21
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Between the Medicare Cutters

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    There are other humans you know. It's not all about just you. Your concerns for your female humans should be no different than your own.
    When I am female, I will have a deep concern for my vagina.
    Until then, I have no need of insurance that covers pregnancy or any vagina related ailment/problem.

    Insurance is meant to cover things that could happen to you, you wouldn't buy car insurance when you don't have a car.
    I wouldn't purchase insurance to cover pregnancy when I can not get pregnant.

    That's why it's moronic to have government regulate these markets beyond contract enforcement and fraud.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Between the Medicare Cutters

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    When I am female, I will have a deep concern for my vagina.
    Until then, I have no need of insurance that covers pregnancy or any vagina related ailment/problem.

    Insurance is meant to cover things that could happen to you, you wouldn't buy car insurance when you don't have a car.
    I wouldn't purchase insurance to cover pregnancy when I can not get pregnant.

    That's why it's moronic to have government regulate these markets beyond contract enforcement and fraud.
    Cars are not necessary to advance life. Babies are. You have to pay for the well being of babies. Not cars.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Between the Medicare Cutters

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Cars are not necessary to advance life. Babies are. You have to pay for the well being of babies. Not cars.
    Gonna have to disagree, rapid transportation is very important to advanced life.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Between the Medicare Cutters

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Gonna have to disagree, rapid transportation is very important to advanced life.
    OK, you're right. Rapid transportation saved my life.

  5. #25
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Between the Medicare Cutters

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    As I've pointed out a couple of times, here, both sides are admitting that we need to cut medicare.
    I choose other. The majority of Americans are opposed to cuts in medicare.

    New Poll Show Americans Oppose Cuts To Medicare, Medicaid - Kaiser Health News
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Between the Medicare Cutters

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I choose other. The majority of Americans are opposed to cuts in medicare.

    New Poll Show Americans Oppose Cuts To Medicare, Medicaid - Kaiser Health News
    You can read that tiny tiny print? You're like Superman or something. He had super vision powers.

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Between the Medicare Cutters

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I choose other. The majority of Americans are opposed to cuts in medicare.

    New Poll Show Americans Oppose Cuts To Medicare, Medicaid - Kaiser Health News
    yes, shocking I know, the majority of Americans want a cut in spending, want to get the debt under control, but don't want cuts taken out of some of the largest expenditures the government has...oh, and they don't want their own taxes raised.

    So obviously, we should bow the desires of the people who refuse to give up stuff they're getting or give up any of their money by taking from the "greedy" rich.

  8. #28
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Between the Medicare Cutters

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Kandahar, you surprise me;

    why do you think that a board imposing one-size-fits-all decisions by fiat is better than means testing to allow for our poorer seniors to get more support, and then letting all seniors make their own allocative decisions?
    Because their own decisions may or may not be cost-effective from the government's perspective, and since the primary goal is to control the cost of health care, the government absolutely has an interest in regulating the way it allocates its scarce health care funds.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Between the Medicare Cutters

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    yes, shocking I know, the majority of Americans want a cut in spending, want to get the debt under control, but don't want cuts taken out of some of the largest expenditures the government has...oh, and they don't want their own taxes raised.

    So obviously, we should bow the desires of the people who refuse to give up stuff they're getting or give up any of their money by taking from the "greedy" rich.
    Why would people give up something they already have? You rich guys go invade Saudi Arabia and steal all their oil and stop trying to make poor people even poorer!

  10. #30
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Between the Medicare Cutters

    All the cuts do is continue to kick the can down the road. The welfare state can no longer be sustained, Im tired of being stolen from for services Ill never end up using. Its way overdue to get rid of them and let private charity take over.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •