View Poll Results: ?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It helps the economy.

    12 34.29%
  • It hurts the economy.

    20 57.14%
  • I don't know.

    3 8.57%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 106

Thread: Government stimulus

  1. #51
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Government stimulus

    LOL....sure man...profits determine expansion...but as a "manager" you would know that...


    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Owned no, been involved in management and running one, yes. Do you have any other irrelevant questions? Do you plan on actually addressing the points made?
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  2. #52
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Government stimulus

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Propping up the economy artificially, does nothing good for the economy. All it does is delay the inevitable, when the government injects money into the economy its akin to giving a patient pain pills when in fact the patient needs surgery.
    Not entirely true. Stimulus can fuel a recovery, and keep valleys from getting as deep. Eventually it will take private businesses to create a real recovery though so you are correct to that extent. To put it in a simple form: government is not the answer, but government can help to an extent.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #53
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Government stimulus

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    LOL....sure man...profits determine expansion...but as a "manager" you would know that...
    This is again not true. A highly profitable business with no place to expand is not going to expand and just have a high profit. Businesses starting up for example almost all lose money for some time, but may expand and expand rapidly. Alot of the auto suppliers for the auto industry is expanding by diversifying despite losing money. In that case it is a survival attempt, since this last recession proved that supplying for just the auto industry is not a good strategy.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Government stimulus

    Quote Originally Posted by garb View Post
    How does the redistribution of wealth stimulate the economy? Again, it gives the low income people you mentioned the illusion that things are better, but you have to get that money from somewhere. Either from other people or from the printing press. Both of those things hurt the economy.
    Typically its done with borrowing and not necessarily direct wealth redistribution.

    Time, is key though, whomever first receives the money is the first to gets its full value, typically those who spend later get the inflated value.
    In the short term, it's good because it provides an illusionary economic stimulus, long term it's a negative, in my opinion.

    People have come to depend on stimulus as a means of curbing recessions, we need to go through a non stimulus recession to get rid of that perception.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #55
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Government stimulus

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    let me help
    If you can find links to post so we can ascertain their credibility that would be most helpful. I suspect the source was intentionally omitted because of obvious bias by the author.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #56
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Government stimulus

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What about spending on military? Hey wait, that is stimulative, and does create jobs
    no, it isn't, and it doesn't. like all government spending, it merely represents the diversion of productive resources to undproductive uses. for every job that government "creates" via defense spending, it destroys more than one in the private economy.

    The concept that if businesses if they have more money will hire more people is retarded. Businesses hire more people when they need more employees to meet demand, not because they want to spend money
    businesses do not want to spend money. however, businesses have to have money to hire more people.

    Mindless conservative talking points don't do well in debate.
    and demand-side economics only works on paper.

  7. #57
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Government stimulus

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If you can find links to post so we can ascertain their credibility that would be most helpful. I suspect the source was intentionally omitted because of obvious bias by the author.
    um.... that's sort of a famous chart. you really don't believe that that's what the Obama administration sold the stimulus on?

  8. #58
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Government stimulus

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    no, it isn't, and it doesn't. like all government spending, it merely represents the diversion of productive resources to undproductive uses. for every job that government "creates" via defense spending, it destroys more than one in the private economy.
    This is bull****. Reagan had great success spending on the military to stimulate the economy.

    businesses do not want to spend money. however, businesses have to have money to hire more people.
    Again bull****. Businesses who are losing money hire new employees every day.

    and demand-side economics only works on paper.
    And irrelevant comments don't change nor divert from the fact that you are wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #59
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Government stimulus

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is bull****. Reagan had great success spending on the military to stimulate the economy.
    no, he didn't. Reagan slashed tax prices, reduced regulation, and loosened trade. the increase in spendign (even he agreed) hurt the economy, it didn't help it.

    Again bull****. Businesses who are losing money hire new employees every day.
    with what money? borrowed money? so they had to get money in order to pay someone that money?

    And irrelevant comments don't change nor divert from the fact that you are wrong.
    wow, what a thorough debunking. i am now a converted keyensian, despite the fact that it is built on a logical fallacy and the accumulated weight of history has done nothing but demonstrate it's failings again and again.

  10. #60
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Government stimulus

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    um.... that's sort of a famous chart. you really don't believe that that's what the Obama administration sold the stimulus on?
    The documentation I have provided shows that he did exactly that. Got any proof the economy has not improved? Have any source links to those "famous" charts of yours?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •